PDA

View Full Version : Recessesion

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 23:53
This is my first experienced of so called recession in the UK. In Phils everyday is a recessesion so its like normal to me:Erm: My Filipino mates seems not affected too bec we always compare our life in the Phils and here and still we're quite okay here.

Many of my Brits colleagues complaining all the time that life is getting harder and harder. Some of them winding us up saying that UK will be a third world country or we're in a wrong place bec UK will be bankrupt soon.

I hope things will be better again for the good of everyone.

Adobo
26th November 2008, 01:06
There is no credit crunch it has been constrived - a scare tactic - press have invented this - the company I work for has had a rise of 108% since january this year - and I love my job:BouncyHappy:

joebloggs
26th November 2008, 01:17
There is no credit crunch it has been constrived - a scare tactic - press have invented this - the company I work for has had a rise of 108% since january this year - and I love my job:BouncyHappy:

what do they do, debt collecting ? , debt advisors? :doh

:D

KeithD
26th November 2008, 10:22
Explain that to the 10,000's that will be out of work over the next few months, I'm sure they'll agree :doh

Don't tell me you work for a bookmaker, as I'll soon reduce that 108% for you :D

benb
26th November 2008, 13:25

There are always winners and losers.

Its time to face reality and pay our debts. Recession is probably the solution to those who have been greedy and created this economic mess. Unlucky for those who fell into the same trap of gambling on investments based on debt. I'm one of them too.:doh

The good news is that many have realised this and have cut back on spending, saving for the future, paying off debts etc. The bad news is plenty of job losses, bankruptcies to come. :doh - The big losers. :doh

Cheers

Sconnie
26th November 2008, 13:28

A rise comes before a fall.

jimeve
26th November 2008, 15:43

Which planet are you from, my wife lost her job 4 months ago, and my work is down by 90%. sat here at home waiting for calls.:cwm23:

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 19:09
i kind of like this idea:

http://bosanchez.ph/how-to-get-rich-during-a-recession/

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 19:10
Don’t Join The Recession!

KeithD
26th November 2008, 19:10
MFI - Gone
Woolworths - Gone

About 25,000+ possibly out of work!

walesrob
26th November 2008, 19:22
There is no credit crunch it has been constrived - a scare tactic - press have invented this

Utter rubbish. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
26th November 2008, 19:26

Well this is a credit crunch as that means credit for many different sectors has dried up from countries and banks to the person in the street.

If there isn't im sure many people on here would ask you to broker loans for them of varying sizes.

Can you tell me if the loans and mortage market in the UK is the same as last year and the year before?

The press and others were a bit late in mentioning it was happening.

So what is your job?

Many companies i know had good takings some that joe mentioned and those at the lower end of the market or those companies thought of as more value for money are doing ok. But Woolworths were thought of lower end of the market and Value for money and look at them:NoNo:

Many retail comapnies are reporting brisk trade problem is they are selling at lower costs and their costs have gone up.

flomike
26th November 2008, 20:12
I am one of those thousands of people might loose the job:NoNo: we don't know yet what will happen at work before Christmas but rumors already spreading that a few people will be laid off. We are just small company with a total of 50 , we're on waiting game right now. It is very quite at work its like busy days just gone.

We have this xmas raffle at work every year, 50p/square (just pur your name on it) but nobody putting their names since its was posted 2 weeks ago:NoNo: bec everyone is worried.

joebloggs
26th November 2008, 20:42
the last company i worked for went bust 5months ago, looking back, i was lucky we went bust then, as i found another job the same week, i don't think i would be so lucky now, not many companies will be taking on new staff now :NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 21:25
I am one of those thousands of people might loose the job:NoNo: we don't know yet what will happen at work before Christmas but rumors already spreading that a few people will be laid off. We are just small company with a total of 50 , we're on waiting game right now. It is very quite at work its like busy days just gone.

We have this xmas raffle at work every year, 50p/square (just pur your name on it) but nobody putting their names since its was posted 2 weeks ago:NoNo: bec everyone is worried.

i pray not... :NoNo:

what was the company who was about to lay off thousands of employess but then the labour union stepped in & they decided to have their pays be lessened just to keep the other employees who will be made redundant?

andypaul
26th November 2008, 21:29
i pray not... :NoNo:

what was the company who was about to lay off thousands of employess but then the labour union stepped in & they decided to have their pays be lessened just to keep the other employees who will be made redundant?

JCB but i belive fom what i read it may not be enough in the long term:NoNo:

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 21:33
JCB but i belive fom what i read it may not be enough in the long term:NoNo:

thanks...

but still a good act...

but still sad :NoNo: