PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal.

jakeob
5th September 2006, 21:33
I have been writing to a girl for a few weeks,, she told me from the start shes still married to a Pilipino sailer,,,and in no rush to get a divorce until she thinks shes found her new man.
Anyway she always writes to me ,,and realy has come accross as a realy nice woman, when i call her she puts her aunt, and daughter on the phone and we have a good laugh. She says nice things in her letters that would lead me to think that i am getting somewhere with her,,, but then she says she wants to just be friends for now. and get through her studies ect..

I told her today, that i am in this to look for a wife,, not pen friends so she would need to give me a little more positive to keep me intrested.

I am not sure if i am being to pushy , but shes seems like to much a long shot,,maybe keeping herself busey while hubby is away Or dose this friend status happen at the begining

neil

thanks neil...

KeithD
5th September 2006, 21:39
I'll publish what everyone will agree me on.....

DO NOT GET INVOLVED.

3+ MILLION Good looking single young Filipino's and people pick ones with baggage :doh

It's not worth the hassle, she can't divorce in the Phil it is illegal. Annulment is a long expensive process, and as she obviosuly only wants a friend, take the hit. Move on NOW.

baboyako
5th September 2006, 21:41
:Brick:

bashing your head against the wall is just as easy & will hurt you less.

Jay&Zobel
5th September 2006, 21:57
YEP I AGREE WITH MR. KEITH!! DO NOT GET INVOLVED with a MARRIED WOMAN.

You deserve more than that NEIL.

May God bless you.

KeithD
5th September 2006, 21:59
Talk to JANICE :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Eljohno
5th September 2006, 22:08
[quote=jakeob]I have been writing to a girl for a few weeks,, she told me from the start shes still married to a Pilipino sailer,,,and in no rush to get a divorce until she thinks shes found her new man.

Surely this opening statement is enough for you to run a mile. She is not divorced and is in no hurry to get divorced. Run Run Run!!!!!!!

Stop now before you get too emotionally involved. There are many beautiful filipino women who have no ties and will treat you right so move on.

Sorry if this seems to be harsh, but its better to get some honesty now than find yourself in a mess later....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jakeob
5th September 2006, 22:26
thanks for the help,,,,,what am i doing?? i am just about to delete her from my mind and move on.

sometimes i need a good shake to wake me up

thanks

neil

jakeob
5th September 2006, 22:41
Might as well ask your opinions on the kid thing,,, personaly i have had a vasectomy about 8 yrs ago,,,,and dont realy want more kids if i can get away with it.... so i tend to swing easily towards a girl with a kid, hoping just maybe that will be enough for her...

Sometimes i think i should just find a girl with no kids, (Much simpler) and have another child and have done with it . But then run the risk of not being able to perform at the last herdell ,,and new wifey saying goodbye, and moveing on to a new guy who can give her a proper rogering:bigcry:

neil

Jay&Zobel
5th September 2006, 22:49
Take care Happy hunting then!!

God bless you always

ervenescence
5th September 2006, 22:53
Well if you are looking for a wife, difinitely shes not the right one. She's still married to her filipino and its not that easy to get a divorce there and even an annulment could be as hassle. I think she gave you a hint that she just wants to be friends for now because shes unsure or probably too early to decide because in reality shes still married just got fed up whilst waiting for husband. (just an opinion)

You're right, move on before it gets complicated.

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 01:13
Start to find a new girl jakeob......Keith is right, y not talk to janice?:Erm: she's nice,single and educated...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

janice
6th September 2006, 02:33
Wow. I've seen my name twice here. Thanks Keith and Scot. More Power!

Eljohno
6th September 2006, 05:11
If you cannot or do not want kids then you must make this very clear at the start of any relationship. Most filipinos i am guessing will want kids but if someone falls in love with you then it will work out and you can always have the option of adoption.:Erm:

janice
6th September 2006, 07:00
If you cannot or do not want kids then you must make this very clear at the start of any relationship. Most filipinos i am guessing will want kids but if someone falls in love with you then it will work out and you can always have the option of adoption.:Erm:

I agree with you John. I love kids but what if I fall in love with the guy who doesn't want kids? Well, I can accept everything about him and respect him for that as long as we love each other. :BouncyHappy:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 07:06
I agree with you John. I love kids but what if I fall in love with the guy who doesn't want kids? Well, I can accept everything about him and respect him for that as long as we love each other. :BouncyHappy:
I sense something here :D :Erm:

janice
6th September 2006, 07:23
Hmmmm..What are you thinking scot?

ginapeterb
6th September 2006, 08:07
Clearly everenescence has taken the sheep by the horns on this one, (normally that is Rob's job) but of course she is right, this woman is married to a sea farer, this is common that he is away all the time, probably working long months on a tanker or similar vessel.

This means that he is home for maybe 1 month to 6 weeks a year if he is lucky, the Filipino way of life is very foreign to most westerners, and its hard to understand why you would want to be seperated from your family for most of your life, but one has to understand that the Filipino way of life is not like the western way of life, you have to be a Filipino facing a daily diet of hardship, until you could really understand what it is like, no doubt he finds consolation in the money and sustento he sends to his family.

This woman is one bi-product of that situation, she is lonely, bored, and has no relationship with the husband, because he is away so much, she almost feels that..she has no relationship with him.

Hence you here her say " I just want to be freinds right now" she will string you along and very little will come out of it, evernescence is right, she is fed up with waiting for her sea faring husband, thats the long and short of it, she is unlikely to have a relationship with you, do what everyone has said, keep her as a chat freind if you want, but..move on to single ladies who can give you the attention you obviously need, and you will quickly find a Filipina who will be what you ae looking for, don't fall in love with her now, get out before its too late, if you keep talking to, you will develop feelings for her, and its going nowhere.

I hope that re-inforces what others have said, take care.

KeithD
6th September 2006, 08:59
Genererally speaking, if you're looking for a Filipino that does not want kids you need to be looking in the 35+ (pref 38+) age bracket, rather than a youg'un, as it may cause problems later on with maternal instincts.

Then again, if Janice doesn't mind adopting a Romanian :rolleyes:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 11:52
They will decide what they're going to do in the future ..

janice
6th September 2006, 12:06
"Then again, if Janice doesn't mind adopting a Romanian"

Hahaha :icon_lol: You really made me laugh Keith. Very funny. More power!

Eljohno
6th September 2006, 12:14
It is so sad that families are having to be apart for most of the year but totally understandable under the circumstances.

I have a friend who is from Ozamiz City and both her and her daughter are away from their husband who works in Manila for most of the year.

Also a girl who works with Rhea had to leave her husband and child to come work in Ireland.:NoNo:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 12:18
That's life, have to work 24/7 no matter how far just to give family all the best they can do. :cwm24:

Jay&Zobel
6th September 2006, 21:45
""""....she told me from the start shes still married to a Pilipino sailer,,,"

Just think that her husband is so million miles away, working so hard 24/7 just to give his family food to eat, money, good life, their needs etc...