PDA

View Full Version : Tahong Soup

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:03
Description:
That's "Mussels Soup" in English. It is sort of like the Tinolang Manok substituting the chicken with the shellfish. It's really really MASARAP^^,

Ingredients:
Sabaw ng Tahong
(Mussels Soup)

1 kilo fresh tahong (mussels)
1 Tbsp oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 medium onion - chopped
1 inch square ginger - peeled and julliened
2 tsp patis (fish sauce)
4 cups rice water* or water
a bunch of talbos ng sili (chili tops) or finely minced chili

Directions:
1. Put the mussels in a bowl of cold water. Discard ones that float, whose shells are broken or open. Scrape off barnacles from the shells and pull the hairy beards. Change the water several times and keep it under water until you cook them.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic in low heat until light brown. Add onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add ginger and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add patis, cook briefly, add rice water; bring to boil.
4. Drain mussels from the cold water and tip in the pot once the rice water boils. Cover and cook in high heat for 4 minutes.
5. Mix in the chili tops or minced chili. Cover again and cook for very briefly for around 10 seconds. Remove from heat. Serve.

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:06
wahhhhhhhh always make that amy, i just picked tahong in our beach wahhhh loads of them i think im the only person interested:icon_lol: So i always make baked tahong o tahong soup:xxgrinning--00xx3: Oh dear I AM STARVING:yikes::yikes:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:09
wahhhhhhhh always make that amy, i just picked tahong in our beach wahhhh loads of them i think im the only person interested:icon_lol: So i always make baked tahong o tahong soup:xxgrinning--00xx3: Oh dear I AM STARVING:yikes::yikes:

WOW Lucky you are...:):):):) your near in the beach... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:You can get tahong for free..... GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I love one of my favorites really :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:10
WOW Lucky you are...:):):):) your near in the beach... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:You can get tahong for free..... GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I love one of my favorites really :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

YEs amy just 10 mins walk:) cold sea:furious3::furious3::furious3: same here i love it...not my husband wahhhhhhhhh so good for me i can have it all by myself:icon_lol:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:14
YEs amy just 10 mins walk:) cold sea:furious3::furious3::furious3: same here i love it...not my husband wahhhhhhhhh so good for me i can have it all by myself:icon_lol:

TLAGA ANN....:):):) Wow how did you get it??? :Erm::Erm::Erm: Just on the sea shore .. Wow your lucky your near the beach I love that setting hehehehe :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: I'm sure you can get it a lot... Where is your place Ann?

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:14

TLAGA ANN....:):):) Wow how did you get it??? :Erm::Erm::Erm: Just on the sea shore .. Wow your lucky your near the beach I love that setting hehehehe :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: I'm sure you can get it a lot... Where is your place Ann?

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:21

My father in laws friend always go fishing and picked anything in the sea and he has lobster pot. So he teach me how to get tahong . tahong are just sticking in the stones or sometimes he will give me tahong or fish or lobster for free wahhhhhhhh. But they are not very keen on picking it, its just me when i first saw it wahhhhhhh wanna spend the wholeday picking my husband has to stop me:icon_lol: But now its cold so i stop wahhhhhhh

We are situated in the northeast dear, berwick upon tweed to be precise:)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:25
My father in laws friend always go fishing and picked anything in the sea and he has lobster pot. So he teach me how to get tahong . tahong are just sticking in the stones or sometimes he will give me tahong or fish or lobster for free wahhhhhhhh. But they are not very keen on picking it, its just me when i first saw it wahhhhhhh wanna spend the wholeday picking my husband has to stop me:icon_lol: But now its cold so i stop wahhhhhhh

We are situated in the northeast dear, berwick upon tweed to be precise:)

Wow I Envy you hehehe your just near ang galing hehehehe :):):) LUCKY YOU... hmmmm for free lobster and tahong so cool... If you will buy that I guess it's bit expensisve too.... hmm how many kilos you can get you think???? :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are you near morpath??? Because I mentioned it to my hubby too....

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:26
Wow I Envy you hehehe your just near ang galing hehehehe :):):) LUCKY YOU... hmmmm for free lobster and tahong so cool... If you will buy that I guess it's bit expensisve too.... hmm how many kilos you can get you think???? :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

its really dear here wahhhhhh thats why i dont buy. My father in law wil just bring me or his friend. Y not? its for free plus its really fresh:):icon_lol: Its just enough for me dear wahhhhhh

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:29
its really dear here wahhhhhh thats why i dont buy. My father in law wil just bring me or his friend. Y not? its for free plus its really fresh:):icon_lol: Its just enough for me dear wahhhhhh

How cool is that... :):):):) My hubby is asking if your near here ---- Hagerston Castle ????

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:32
How cool is that... :):):):) My hubby is asking if your near here ---- Hagerston Castle ????

I am wahhhhhh just very near just 2 miles wahhhhhhhhhhhh im in scremerston village wahhhhhhhh Y? does he knows the place?

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:45
I am wahhhhhh just very near just 2 miles wahhhhhhhhhhhh im in scremerston village wahhhhhhhh Y? does he knows the place?

Yes he knew...:):):) His cousins and his granny is from Edinburgh and visit there during holiday.. and his granny on his mother side is owned a farm near morpath :):):)

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 16:48
Yes he knew...:):):) His cousins and his granny is from Edinburgh and visit there during holiday.. and his granny on his mother side is owned a farm near morpath :):):)

Nice to hear that amy :icon_lol: There are two holiday centre here from haven, haggerston and berwick. I think its morpeth my dear:D I like edinburgh wahhhhhhhhhh we always go there once a month:D

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:59
Nice to hear that amy :icon_lol: There are two holiday centre here from haven, haggerston and berwick. I think its morpeth my dear:D I like edinburgh wahhhhhhhhhh we always go there once a month:D

Yea my hubby is not good in spelling hahahhahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Duncan's parents lives there at Edinburgh :):):) At Bathgate :):):)

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 17:17
Yea my hubby is not good in spelling hahahhahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Duncan's parents lives there at Edinburgh :):):) At Bathgate :):):)

poor hubby gets the blame:icon_lol::icon_lol: Nice, we will go back there next week for our last xmas shopping wahhhh i dont like it actually coz i can see it would be busy:doh But my dear wee boy wants something there:Cuckoo:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 17:19
poor hubby gets the blame:icon_lol::icon_lol: Nice, we will go back there next week for our last xmas shopping wahhhh i dont like it actually coz i can see it would be busy:doh But my dear wee boy wants something there:Cuckoo:

hehehehe good for you...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Have fun and Enjoy :):):)