PDA

View Full Version : Option

cheesewiz
22nd November 2008, 01:08
Our head office based in London send me a letter that my visa is due for renewal on March 2009 (they can extend my visa in 3 months early before my visa expired) and they are willing to extend my visa for another 5 years (they applied for sponsorship thing one of the HO requirements now for the employers who wants to bring a non EU migrants). I am really glad for that wonderful news and I can get £7.02/hours instead of £6/hr.

But the thing is I am due to apply for my ILR in Feb 2009 but also it is a safe option for me to extend my workpermit visa (or sponsorship visa or what) just incase I am not lucky to get the ILR and get more money than what I am getting now. The only downside for that is I am going to pay twice £735 for the visa then another £735 for my ILR thru post or if im going to do it in person £950.

Though, to be honest I am over the moon with that good news I've got this morning that I am one on their lists for extension:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

simplelife
22nd November 2008, 10:00
Well done! Congrats.

joebloggs
22nd November 2008, 10:29
get your ILR ASAP, before they change the rules, and make it more expensive.. and you will no longer be chained to that work permit :xxgrinning--00xx3: and find a better paid job :rolleyes:

andypaul
23rd November 2008, 00:26
Defo get the ILR. Makes it far easier for you and if your company know you can move on elsewhere may make you more vauable to them.

If they knew you could applly for the ilr in feb they may encourage you to do that. But would that be best fo you?

But does it affect your payrate if they know they dont have to worry about the 7.02 rate?

May help promotion prospects if they know your resident as well.

jbt
23rd November 2008, 17:07
Congratulations!!! :)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 17:39
GOOD FOR YOU.... :):):) Cheers!

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 22:42
Defo get the ILR. Makes it far easier for you and if your company know you can move on elsewhere may make you more vauable to them.

If they knew you could applly for the ilr in feb they may encourage you to do that. But would that be best fo you?

But does it affect your payrate if they know they dont have to worry about the 7.02 rate?

May help promotion prospects if they know your resident as well.

2 of my filipino colleagues got their ILR a couple months ago, but things at work are the same (the only consolation they can get is they can work anywhere they want now) I am not into that £7.02 actually all I want is a security of staying here as much as I want.

Yes, they know I am going to apply for ILR next year and they supporting my application:) I am really thinking the idea of extending my working visa or sponsorship visa atleast I am guaranteed of another 5 years just incase my ILR will get refused...I hope not:NoNo: My only prob is paying twice in doing it:bigcry:

Thanks for the advice

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 22:43
Congratulations!!! :)

thanks

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 22:43
GOOD FOR YOU.... :):):) Cheers!

thanks but I'll be more happy if I get my ILR

cheesewiz
25th November 2008, 22:55
get your ILR ASAP, before they change the rules, and make it more expensive.. and you will no longer be chained to that work permit :xxgrinning--00xx3: and find a better paid job :rolleyes:

I wish I can get my ILR ASAP but still 3 months to wait and 3 months of never ending nerve breaking:NoNo:

I think working in a nursing home is part of my life now, without the nursing home I am not here in UK and of course our residents without them we don't have a job at all, so I can't think of any job now other than what I am doing now. I do love my job believe it or not, at first it is really, really hard but after almost 5 years doing it its like a normal thing now for me.

Beside its really hard to find a job now here aside from working in a nursing home.

joebloggs
26th November 2008, 00:53
I do love my job believe it or not, at first it is really, really hard but after almost 5 years doing it its like a normal thing now for me.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: my mom is in a nursing home,and 4 filipina's work there. not an easy job sometimes thou :NoNo:

andypaul
26th November 2008, 20:43
2 of my filipino colleagues got their ILR a couple months ago, but things at work are the same (the only consolation they can get is they can work anywhere they want now) I am not into that £7.02 actually all I want is a security of staying here as much as I want.

Yes, they know I am going to apply for ILR next year and they supporting my application:) I am really thinking the idea of extending my working visa or sponsorship visa atleast I am guaranteed of another 5 years just incase my ILR will get refused...I hope not:NoNo: My only prob is paying twice in doing it:bigcry:

Thanks for the advice

Of course i doubt it will change your life overnight but I would advise making it as easy for you to be employed as possible both in your current job and elsewhere.

How sound is your company, is a working visa worth much if the company hits bad times? Five years is a long time.

I ask as I am not very well up on the ins and outs of Working visas.

Whatever you choose I hope it works out:xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
7th December 2008, 23:28
Of course i doubt it will change your life overnight but I would advise making it as easy for you to be employed as possible both in your current job and elsewhere.

How sound is your company, is a working visa worth much if the company hits bad times? Five years is a long time.

I ask as I am not very well up on the ins and outs of Working visas.

Whatever you choose I hope it works out:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Our company are the 3rd largest health care in the country. What I mean of thinking of getting another 5 years sponsorship visa is just an assurance for me just incase I didn't get the ILR I can continue working here. The only downside for that is paying twice for the FLR and ILR. But I decided to go on with this sponsorship visa just to be safe then apply for the ILR after 2 months. Thanks for the advice.

joebloggs
7th December 2008, 23:56
why wouldn't you get ILR ???

how many days have you been outside the uk in the last 5 years ?

should be straight forward for you to get, just check and double check you are eligible to apply when you do apply.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
8th December 2008, 05:11
Congratulations cheesewiz!...

cheesewiz
8th December 2008, 23:04
why wouldn't you get ILR ???

how many days have you been outside the uk in the last 5 years ?

should be straight forward for you to get, just check and double check you are eligible to apply when you do apply.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I know Im eligible for ILR for almost 5 years here just been to Phils once for 4 weeks and all my holidays I spend here in UK. Of course I am just playing safe here. Thanks for that Joe

joebloggs
9th December 2008, 12:00
you should have no problems then :xxgrinning--00xx3:

cheesewiz
2nd January 2009, 11:09
hi everyone, good news i got my 5 years extension thru sponsorship:xxgrinning--00xx3: i am preparing all my docs now for my ILR anytime on March or April 2009 since I need to renew my passport. Unfortunately I need to go London Phil embassy to do that:doh Anyway, I like London its nice roaming around there and eating in burgerking (that's all i can afford when im there) Happy New Year.

Mrs Daddy
2nd January 2009, 19:44
goodluck cheezewiz:D

kimmi
2nd January 2009, 19:54
all the best cheezewiz, Goodluck on ur ILR application..;)

mavid
2nd January 2009, 19:55
Best of Luck Cheezewiz.

joebloggs
2nd January 2009, 20:37
hi everyone, good news i got my 5 years extension thru sponsorship:xxgrinning--00xx3: i am preparing all my docs now for my ILR anytime on March or April 2009 since I need to renew my passport. Unfortunately I need to go London Phil embassy to do that:doh Anyway, I like London its nice roaming around there and eating in burgerking (that's all i can afford when im there) Happy New Year.

good you've nearly done your 5 yrs, and earned the right to apply for ILR :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

might be a good idea to apply asap, if you can in march, i'm wondering if there will be a price increase this year, there wasn't last year. so you never know, and with the world in recession and many jobs will go, might be a good idea , just in case, worse comes to worse and your made redundant you will be free from your work permit restrictions.