PDA

View Full Version : Tortang Talong

amyburple
21st November 2008, 19:16
Description:
After a lengthy hiatus, Lasang Pinoy, the Filipino food blogging event is back! Lasang Pinoy, meaning Filipino (pinoy is slang for Filipino) taste, focuses on Filipino dishes revolving around a certain theme chosen each month. I make it a point to participate because: 1. I am a Filipino (ok, that was obvious). When I stopped thinking of an “egg dish” and started thinking if a “dish using egg” it came to me – tortang talong (eggplant/aubergine omelet)!

This can be served hot or at room temperature. I prefer it straight from the pan with some cold ketchup. I don't normally take a lot of ketchup (I like my fries with mayonnaise), but this is the one thing I must have with it. We had this with some adobo fried rice (a fantastic way to use leftover adobo), but I’m sure it would make a perfectly good light meal on its own. You can also slice it up to top a salad. Next I want to try it in pan de sal, with some thinly slice tomatoes, onions, and kesong puti (local fresh white cheese), then stick the lot in a contact grill for some native paninis.

Ingredients:
· 2 to 4 talong (eggplants), average size
· 2 to 3 eggs, beaten
· salt and pepper, to taste
· oil, for frying

Directions:
1. Broil eggplants until tender (the skins are charred and blister appears).

2. Once cool, peel off the skins of the eggplant and retain the crown and the stem. Gently flatten its meat by using the back of a fork. Set aside.

3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.

4. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip each eggplant, one at a time into the egg mixture. Gently bring the bowl near the skillet and tip, lowering the eggplant onto the heated oil.

5. Fry until golden brown on one side, then turn and brown the other. Drain on paper towels. Keep warm and serve.

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 14:25
Amy,
hehe u really are sunshine in the dark lol...

i was just thinking about that talong then u posted this. Thank you.

anyway, where are u getting ur recipes? or the pixes, did u all do them?... i hope u did not just copy & paste them without putting the links...

but, if that is ok with the moderators then, continue doing it!

thank you!

God bless you always

aug06_2006
22nd November 2008, 15:51
Hello Amy, u know am happy coz there is an Asian store here near from our place...btw, tortang talong sarap!

Ann07
22nd November 2008, 16:06
Hello Amy, u know am happy coz there is an Asian store here near from our place...btw, tortang talong sarap!

Good for u aug06_2006:) Me i just buy it online and have it delivered or asked my friend if she goes to the filipino shop. yummy tortang talong have it every week..naglilihi wahhhhhhhhhhh

ervenescence
22nd November 2008, 16:45
You can actually used an aubergine as an alternative for average size eggplants. You can get them from big supermarkets in uk. I've tried tortang talong here at home once in awhile.
It's such as good, and it fills you up quickly. The bigger the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 17:26
yep aubergine (uk english) is an eggplant (american english)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 08:34
Amy,
hehe u really are sunshine in the dark lol...

i was just thinking about that talong then u posted this. Thank you.

anyway, where are u getting ur recipes? or the pixes, did u all do them?... i hope u did not just copy & paste them without putting the links...

but, if that is ok with the moderators then, continue doing it!

thank you!

God bless you always

I'm doing it heheheh... i really love cooking :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: not only cooking and BAKING too hehehehe...I Learned baking when I was in HS. I started learning cooking basic foods when I was in Elementary need to do that esp when my Mom went for a 6 months training in Mexico huhuhu I'm the eldest and I have 1 bro so I have to do it hmmm My dad is guy so wht do you expect waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... that's the history of my COOKING class hahahaha...

so I love cooking hehehehe and of course FOODS..:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 08:38
It's such as good, and it fills you up quickly. The bigger the better :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hahahahaha yea right ERVE the BIGGER is BETTER :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

Mrs.JMajor
23rd November 2008, 11:45
Sometimes i was thinking u just wanted to ease the tense while waiting for your fiancee visa :Dbut when u post some menu here,lol i kept thinking of it and print some of it and ur such a good help :Hellooo:

thanks for all the recipe :cwm38:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:20
I'm doing it heheheh... i really love cooking :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: not only cooking and BAKING too hehehehe...I Learned baking when I was in HS. I started learning cooking basic foods when I was in Elementary need to do that esp when my Mom went for a 6 months training in Mexico huhuhu I'm the eldest and I have 1 bro so I have to do it hmmm My dad is guy so wht do you expect waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... that's the history of my COOKING class hahahaha...

NO WAY!!!! so ur a pro hehhehe!!! better be here soon so you can join Channel 4's Come Dine with Me and win £1ooo!!! Let us be proud again! The last contestant was a Filipina and she won!!!! That is very cool! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:21
Sometimes i was thinking u just wanted to ease the tense while waiting for your fiancee visa :Dbut when u post some menu here,lol i kept thinking of it and print some of it and ur such a good help :Hellooo:

thanks for all the recipe :cwm38:

yeah cooking can be very relaxing hehehe... :Erm:

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 12:24

why not put up Filipino Restaurant in the UK?

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 12:59
NO WAY!!!! so ur a pro hehhehe!!! better be here soon so you can join Channel 4's Come Dine with Me and win £1ooo!!! Let us be proud again! The last contestant was a Filipina and she won!!!! That is very cool! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmmmmm wow cool.... I'm not tht por hehehe, it's just that during my high school days I really trained and do a lot of cooking's those days hehehe.... I love to sutdy more If I have a chance why not... It's really my passion in to cooking.... :):):)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:01

yea your right...that's one of our plans with my hubby :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Both of us really love cooking and love foods... I Like watching watching American Chef and Asian Food channel.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:02

Yea really right it's really relaxing, satisfying and very fun to do it... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 13:14
yea your right...that's one of our plans with my hubby :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Both of us really love cooking and love foods... I Like watching watching American Chef and Asian Food channel.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

watch cook-along with Gordon Ramsay! hehe or hell's Kitchen or F word hehe... I'm his big fan... :yikes::omg::D

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:18
watch cook-along with Gordon Ramsay! hehe or hell's Kitchen or F word hehe... I'm his big fan... :yikes::omg::D

Yea I'm watching too but it's just annyoing because he is always SWEAR waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:23
I like Bobby Flay hehehehe....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/iron-chef-america/index.html

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 13:23
Yea I'm watching too but it's just annyoing because he is always SWEAR waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

that's the fun of it hehehe :furious3: that is how he motivates the newbies (especially in Hell's Kitchen USA) - did you watch the last season? Lou Ross, a Filipino Chef was one of the contestants... but he did not win... but was still great honour he was there... Matinik! So Little But so Brave hehe.. and he kept on mentioning.. do not mess up with a Filipino/ I'm proud im Pinoy... hehehe

watch Jamie Oliver, when he swears hehe does not fit him lol... di bagay! pangit

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 13:24
:icon_lol::icon_lol:
Yea really right it's really relaxing, satisfying and very fun to do it... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow thats great, but your place is too far away from us waaaaaaa:icon_lol:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:26
that's the fun of it hehehe :furious3: that is how he motivates the newbies (especially in Hell's Kitchen USA) - did you watch the last season? Lou Ross, a Filipino Chef was one of the contestants... but he did not win... but was still great honour he was there... Matinik! So Little But so Brave hehe.. and he kept on mentioning.. do not mess up with a Filipino/ I'm proud im Pinoy... hehehe

watch Jamie Oliver, when he swears hehe does not fit him lol... di bagay! pangit

Yea KOREK it's not fits for him....:doh:doh:doh I like him better than Gordon hehehe... :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 13:27
LOUROSS, PINOY!

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/bios/s4-Louross.htm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKwRZfRjUI

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6IKnWirSxtw&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcmyv1Ajyao&feature=related

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 13:37
Search:
HELL'S KITCHEN USA SEASON 4...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GDdOVOq4DQ4

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:39
LOUROSS, PINOY!

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/bios/s4-Louross.htm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKwRZfRjUI

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::):):)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:45
Search:
HELL'S KITCHEN USA SEASON 4...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GDdOVOq4DQ4

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm watching LIFESTYLE NETWORK NOW.... It's cooking time again hehehe, i gets envious those yummy foods hehehehe :):):) I wanna cook also :D:D:D

aug06_2006
23rd November 2008, 14:32
Good for u aug06_2006:) Me i just buy it online and have it delivered or asked my friend if she goes to the filipino shop. yummy tortang talong have it every week..naglilihi wahhhhhhhhhhh

Yes, lucky me hehehe! anyway, u r pregnant talaga Ann or u just joking...

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 14:40
Yes, lucky me hehehe! anyway, u r pregnant talaga Ann or u just joking...

You are hehehehe. Wish it is a joke wahhhhhh im on my 14 weeks na:D

tiN
23rd November 2008, 14:46

sis where do you buy it online?:NoNo:

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 15:45
sis where do you buy it online?:NoNo:

try pinoyminimall its really nice wahhhhhh plus they use paypal it safer.

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 15:49

wow tlga Ann you just order it online hmmmm :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck syong paglilihi.... :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 15:52
wow tlga Ann you just order it online hmmmm :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck syong paglilihi.... :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

Yes dear:) saves time:icon_lol: its quick takes 1 to 2 working days so not bad plus delivery charge is good:xxgrinning--00xx3: TY amy.....

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 16:01
Yes dear:) saves time:icon_lol: its quick takes 1 to 2 working days so not bad plus delivery charge is good:xxgrinning--00xx3: TY amy.....

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
23rd November 2008, 17:42
try pinoyminimall its really nice wahhhhhh plus they use paypal it safer.

Thanks for the info:)
do they have loads of selection? and how long it will take for the delivery?:)

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 17:44

Check this out Tin..... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.pinoyminimall.co.uk/

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 18:14
Hello Ms. Amy,
I wonder whats your next paninda hehehehe joke only.

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 18:23

Not really tin but many of the essentials are there. Delivery will be 1 to 2 working days:)