PDA

View Full Version : Paksiw Na Bangus

amyburple
21st November 2008, 19:01
Description:
Paksiw na bangus is the one of the original way of cooking bangus. There are countless ways to cook the bangus just get your imagination and resourcefulness working and you discover a new original bangus dish. In Pangasinan they even have a Dagupan Bangus Festival.

On this post it is paksiw na bangus with vegetable. The juices of ampalaya and talong (bitter gourd and eggplant) some how enhance the paksiw flavor of bangus.

Ingredients:
Ingredients:

1 k. bangus
1/2 head garlic, crushed
1 thumb size ginger cut into thin slices
1 medium size onion, quartered
1 tbsp. whole black pepper
1/4 c. vinegar or 3 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix
3 whole green sili
cooking oil
salt

Directions:

Remove gills and innards of bangus. Using scissors cut fins and tails. Wash fish thoroughly drain and slice diagonally. In a casserole put garlic, onion and ginger at the bottom. Arrange sliced bangus side by side, add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup vinegar or 3 tbsp. sampalok sinigang mix. Put on top vegetable, green sili and black pepper. Season with salt and drizzle with cooking oil. Cover and simmer in a medium heat for 8–12 minutes or until fish is cooked.

tiN
21st November 2008, 19:08
:Cuckoo:one of my fave:Rasp::Rasp:

aromulus
21st November 2008, 21:12
Your bangus is walay lami......:action-smiley-081:

My asawa bangus is lami kauu...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
22nd November 2008, 12:28

Have you TASTED it na!!! I have my own style to cooked my food :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: As long as I'm loving my food.... Don't care with others opinion na na na na :cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

Ann07
22nd November 2008, 18:20

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: