PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Battery

amyburple
21st November 2008, 11:02
The battery of my laptop is not that good now a days... The life it takes only for an hour only and thats it.. So what I did few days ago, I remove it from my laptop and then just use the main plug.... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: New battery I guess is expensive :doh:doh:doh:doh

KeithD
21st November 2008, 11:06
Do you change the Power Mode to Saver when on the battery?

Cheapest are on eBay

LadyJ
21st November 2008, 11:11
Oh yeah new batteries are expensive.

Since I received my new laptop early this year I always use the main plug and remove the battery and only use the battery when I really need it. So now there's still plenty of life in it.

I guess you were too late to decide to use your mainplug and remove the battery.

andypaul
21st November 2008, 11:12
Can be expensive, it depends on make you can some times get OEM versions. But due to the nature of the device be careful it is constructed correctly.
If a battery overheats or shortcircuits in some way it can be dangrous.

What make you got?

andypaul
21st November 2008, 11:15

Since I received my new laptop early this year I always use the main plug and remove the battery and only use the battery when I really need it. So now there's still plenty of life in it.

I guess you were too late to decide to use your mainplug and remove the battery.

my Work Battery died on me a few months back and while waiting for a new one to be couriered out to me it was a nightmare twice the lead poped out as working away and all my work gone:bigcry:

LadyJ
21st November 2008, 11:18
my Work Battery died on me a few months back

I am So Sorry For Your Loss, You Have My Deepest Sympathy:CompBuster:

andypaul
21st November 2008, 11:20
I am So Sorry For Your Loss, You Have My Deepest Sympathy:CompBuster:

I have fond memories of that battery:D But now its gone to Battery Heaven which i think is in Northampton:Erm:

amyburple
21st November 2008, 11:45
Do you change the Power Mode to Saver when on the battery?

Cheapest are on eBay

Yes I do... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

KeithD
21st November 2008, 12:18
Yes I do... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:
Well you need to edit it to save more power.....IE. Screen OFF while working :xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
21st November 2008, 12:31
Well you need to edit it to save more power.....IE. Screen OFF while working :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hmmmm IE? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

amyburple
21st November 2008, 12:32
Can be expensive, it depends on make you can some times get OEM versions. But due to the nature of the device be careful it is constructed correctly.
If a battery overheats or shortcircuits in some way it can be dangrous.

What make you got?

not branded one Andy... just NEO :rolleyes::rolleyes: Got it 2 years ago...

andypaul
21st November 2008, 13:35
http://www.philippinelaptops.com/2007/09/25/buying-a-neo-laptop/

Is this the company?

andypaul
21st November 2008, 13:37
hmmmm IE? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

As in
Id Est

Directly translated, it means "It is" or "That is".

Generally, it's used to mean "That is to say" or "for example".

However, "for example" is not the correct translation. It is commonly misused/misinterpreted, possibly being thought of as "in example". "For example" should be used as "e.g." (exempli gratia).

Not as in Internet explorer

KeithD
21st November 2008, 13:46
I've been misused all my life :)

amyburple
21st November 2008, 15:32
http://www.philippinelaptops.com/2007/09/25/buying-a-neo-laptop/

Is this the company?

this one

http://www.neo.com.ph/

amyburple
21st November 2008, 15:46
As in
Id Est

Directly translated, it means "It is" or "That is".

Generally, it's used to mean "That is to say" or "for example".

However, "for example" is not the correct translation. It is commonly misused/misinterpreted, possibly being thought of as "in example". "For example" should be used as "e.g." (exempli gratia).

Not as in Internet explorer

Well explained... Sorry for my slow memory hehehehe :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

KeithD
21st November 2008, 16:08
....Sorry for my slow memory hehehehe :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
Your battery low as well? :Erm: :rolleyes:

mavid
21st November 2008, 16:23
Try calling NEO Service Center or their help line to give you a quotation for a new battery.

andypaul
21st November 2008, 17:16
Also worth shoping around who actually makes NEO's laptops? or at least supplies the indivual parts?
Are Neo a manufactuer ie mould the plastic or a assemler or rebadger?

Soometimes with a bit of research you find out you can get parts far cheaper elsewhere

amyburple
21st November 2008, 17:56
Also worth shoping around who actually makes NEO's laptops? or at least supplies the indivual parts?
Are Neo a manufactuer ie mould the plastic or a assemler or rebadger?

Soometimes with a bit of research you find out you can get parts far cheaper elsewhere

:):):):) K I will try to figure out how can I sort this out... There is a shop at MEGA MALL they are re
packing the battery's but just for branded Laptops only....

benb
21st November 2008, 17:57
The battery of my laptop is not that good now a days... The life it takes only for an hour only and thats it.. So what I did few days ago, I remove it from my laptop and then just use the main plug.... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: New battery I guess is expensive :doh:doh:doh:doh

LiPo batteries can only be used about 500 times or cycles. Every time you plug into the mains, regardless if the battery is partly or fully charged, its usually considered a cycle off the 500 cycles (assuming you plug it in for sometime).

Typically, if you plug in your laptop to the mains with the battery everyday, the lifespan of the battery is at most 1.5 years. It starts to degrade very quickly after that.

Some unplug the LiPo battery when using the mains, which can increase the life of the LiPo. It can be a hassle though.

Buying a cheap OEM battery may sometimes offer you less cycles. I suggest a good make and check the manufactured date and cycles. The Shelf life is an important factor too which dictates total cycles available. Cheap ones can be old stock. Be careful.

Cheers,

amyburple
21st November 2008, 18:02
Try calling NEO Service Center or their help line to give you a quotation for a new battery.

Thanks... :):):):) yea i will do that Emy :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
21st November 2008, 18:07
seems to be about 60 quid if you bought one in the uk. So be intresting how much they charge in phill.

Another point to add to benb's excellent post is from experience from all our various field operatives is batteries seem to not like rough treatment. Often our dell laptops are fine after a drop or banging into something hard, but the battery is dead.

So treat them with care.

amyburple
21st November 2008, 18:13
seems to be about 60 quid if you bought one in the uk. So be intresting how much they charge in phill.

Another point to add to benb's excellent post is from experience from all our various field operatives is batteries seem to not like rough treatment. Often our dell laptops are fine after a drop or banging into something hard, but the battery is dead.

So treat them with care.

I handle with care my laptop... It's more than 2 years now :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I will inquire to service center about how much they will charge.. :):):)

mavid
21st November 2008, 18:37
MY NEO HELP
NEO Help Desk YM ID: myneohelp@yahoo.com

NEO CARE CUSTOMER SUPPORT HOTLINE
Customer service phone number:
(+63 2) 724.3636 (PAGE NEO) within Metro Manila
1-800-10-633-3636 (1-800-10-NEED NEO) toll free outside Metro Manila

amyburple
21st November 2008, 18:41
MY NEO HELP
NEO Help Desk YM ID: myneohelp@yahoo.com

NEO CARE CUSTOMER SUPPORT HOTLINE
Customer service phone number:
(+63 2) 724.3636 (PAGE NEO) within Metro Manila
1-800-10-633-3636 (1-800-10-NEED NEO) toll free outside Metro Manila

Thanks Emy.. I got that already hehehe :):):) I called them last Month

mavid
21st November 2008, 18:50
oh lol

KeithD
21st November 2008, 21:15
Make sure the battery doesn't have a criminal record, if it has you'll know, it will have been charged! :doh

singkit
22nd November 2008, 16:22

:omg: Am guilty! :Brick: I never remove battery of my laptop since I bought it and each time I use the main plug.:NoNo:

jimeve
23rd November 2008, 17:17
:omg: Am guilty! :Brick: I never remove battery of my laptop since I bought it and each time I use the main plug.:NoNo:

shocking :CompBuster:

KeithD
23rd November 2008, 18:29
Dell now design laptop with the back legs as part of the battery so you have to leave it in!!

Putting the battery in the fridge makes it last longer.

andypaul
23rd November 2008, 20:34
Dell now design laptop with the back legs as part of the battery so you have to leave it in!!

Putting the battery in the fridge makes it last longer.

My Dells the front legs and it does bugger it up if you leave it off but my laptop would get used everyday all though the day an it took a year and a half before it keeled over. So not bad really think of the AA battries i would have needed otherwise:D

KeithD
23rd November 2008, 20:36
....think of the AA battries i would have needed otherwise:D
I use the cheaper RAC ones :Erm:

andypaul
23rd November 2008, 20:47
I use the cheaper RAC ones :Erm:

Why not green flag?

I'll give your laptop a push start

KeithD
23rd November 2008, 21:12
Why not green flag?
I only have the white flag the French dropped while running away! :rolleyes:

andypaul
23rd November 2008, 23:34
I only have the white flag the French dropped while running away! :rolleyes:

Well you scousers with your friend stanley.

I can remeber some everton fans giving me and some fellow 13 years old some running exercise around wimbledon a few years ago :omg: