PDA

View Full Version : Kalderetang Kambing

amyburple
19th November 2008, 09:17
Description:
Kaldereta is one of the meat dishes everyone has come to love. You can always find it in the menus of authentic Pilipino restaurant or even in "turo-turo" type restaurant. On every celebrations, on ordinary occasions or get together party kaldereta will most likely be on the table. There is the kalderetang baka, manok or even pork. But on this post it’s the favorite kalderetang kambing.

The meat is not that pungent, it's from a year old goat so it doesn’t require the pressure cooker, just simmer it for approximately 30 minutes and its just tender so be careful not to over boil it.

Ingredients:
1 k. Indian mutton (Indian goat meat)
2 medium size green/red bell pepper, cut into 1” square
2 medium size potato, quartered
1 medium size carrots, cut same size as potato
1 can button mushroom, cut into halves
2 medium size onion, chopped
1/2 head garlic, chopped
1 can liver spread
1 cup tomato sauce
1 pkt. kaldereta mix
5-8 peppercorns, crushed
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. vinegar
3 siling labuyo
3 bay leaf
salt and pepper

Directions:
Marinate goat meat with vinegar, a dash of salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes. Drain marinate and stir fry meat until color changes to light brown, keep aside. In a casserole pan, sauté garlic and onion, add meat and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and liver spread, stir cook for 3-5 minutes. Add 3-4 cups of water, crushed pepper corns and bay leaf simmer for 30 minutes or until meat are tender. Add potato, carrots, mushroom siling labuyo and kaldereta mix diluted in 1/2 cup of water, simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetable are cooked and sauce thickens. Add bell pepper, season with salt and cook for another 30 seconds, serve hot.

yummy :):):):)

aromulus
19th November 2008, 09:24
With all those recipes you have been posting I am pretty sure that your husband waist line will be suffering quite a lot.....:omg:

So... Cool down, dai........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
19th November 2008, 09:26
With all those recipes you have been posting I am pretty sure that your husband waist line will be suffering quite a lot.....:omg:

As HE always said... It's OK to COOK a lot hehehe... There are many ways to trim down, just do a lot of EXERCISES weeeeeeehhhhhh :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

LEAHnew
20th November 2008, 03:58
All the recipe you've stated here my fiance tried it as well and he love it especially goat recipe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And to add he tasted for the first time the Balut and adobong frog:yikes::D:icon_lol::icon_lol: He's the man:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:
and he's looking forward the cricket, lizard, spider and cockroach:omg::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Rasp::ARsurrender:

amyburple
20th November 2008, 04:12
All the recipe you've stated here my fiance tried it as well and he love it especially goat recipe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And to add he tasted for the first time the Balut and adobong frog:yikes::D:icon_lol::icon_lol: He's the man:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:
and he's looking forward the cricket, lizard, spider and cockroach:omg::Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Rasp::ARsurrender:

WOW really hmmmm SURVIVOR hehehehe...pwdi pang FEAR FACTOR hehehe, my hubby tried BALUT too hahaha that's a BLAST!! Next time I let him try palaka adobo hehehe, I ler hime eat DINUGUAN too from goldiluck and he love's it just the same with black pudding he says :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
22nd November 2008, 23:01
WOW really hmmmm SURVIVOR hehehehe...pwdi pang FEAR FACTOR hehehe, my hubby tried BALUT too hahaha that's a BLAST!! Next time I let him try palaka adobo hehehe, I ler hime eat DINUGUAN too from goldiluck and he love's it just the same with black pudding he says :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

THAT IS AMAZING!

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 08:14
THAT IS AMAZING!

yea :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
23rd November 2008, 10:05
Im having a bit of trouble in my local fooda sourcing the "Indian Goat" Amy any thoughts?

1 k. Indian mutton (Indian goat meat):icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 12:38
Amy,
hehe why not have a blog so we can all subscribe!!!!! i am dying to try all those recipes... hehe i aint like you... im just a newbie hehehe... my especialities are... Cheese Stix, Cassava Cake, Cheese Puto and Yema and rice hehehe.... (bas combi lol)
Thanks Chef!

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:09
Amy,
hehe why not have a blog so we can all subscribe!!!!! i am dying to try all those recipes... hehe i aint like you... im just a newbie hehehe... my especialities are... Cheese Stix, Cassava Cake, Cheese Puto and Yema and rice hehehe.... (bas combi lol)
Thanks Chef!

uyyyy I love cheese sticks hehehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Go girl, as long as you have your own baking equipments and you have the recipe books goo you can make it that's wht I did during my early days in High school... My mom gave me an OVEN for my 14th birthday present to me just to learn and be good in baking hehehhe..:):):):) Every weekend I baked tons of cakes and cookies and pastries hehehehee :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: And my familly loves it! I really miss doing it.

Puto cheze is easy to do as long as you have steamer thats cool :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: yummy hehehhee :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 13:17
uyyyy I love cheese sticks hehehehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Go girl, as long as you have your own baking equipments and you have the recipe books goo you can make it that's wht I did during my early days in High school... My mom gave me an OVEN for my 14th birthday present to me just to learn and be good in baking hehehhe..:):):):) Every weekend I baked tons of cakes and cookies and pastries hehehehee :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: And my familly loves it! I really miss doing it.

[/SIZE][/FONT] yummy hehehhee :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

what!!! an oven on ur 14th bday!!! what i got was a bike nyahahaha :icon_lol:

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 13:27

Wow oven and bike on 14th birthday! what I got was a box of cookies ....:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:36

Yea sis because that was he promise to me...:):):) She want me to enhance more and be good in baking...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: So when I got that I really do a lot of hands on, on my baking lesson by my self... I do a theory's at school and sort of hands on a bit but in the house it's really different because I'm the boss in our house hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Every Friday during pay days of my mom after our dinner I set all my ingredients and things to use in baking and that's it baked Till dawn :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 13:37
Wow oven and bike on 14th birthday! what I got was a box of cookies ....:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

That's OK sis.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
23rd November 2008, 14:55

My husband doesnt want to taste balot, and it is all because of the chicks inside it:icon_lol::doh:doh

Cricket, lizard, spider and cockroach:omg::omg:
never had one before:yikes::yikes:

Ann07
23rd November 2008, 15:47

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 15:54
We love FOOD'S though.... :):):) And my hubby is not picky and it's not a problem if he waistline will get bigger.... :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: We are sports person so no problem we that and there are so many means to sort of our waistline to burn all those calories :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
23rd November 2008, 15:56
My husband doesnt want to taste balot, and it is all because of the chicks inside it:icon_lol::doh:doh

SAME here I never tried that but CRIKET yes I do just once but never tried it again... I guess I can't eat lizard, spider and cockroach awwwwwwwwwwww :furious3::furious3::furious3::doh:doh:doh...

My hubby promise me to try the BALUT thing hahaha so he did it... :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo: And also the stinky DURIAN :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
23rd November 2008, 21:19

whehehe... and what about a 14 y/o British Kid?

XBox?
PSP?
Wii?
PC?
CD?
IPod?
CP?
TV?
DVD?
CAR?

hehehe... all are upto maximum of 4 letters! hehe very short but most expensive!! :NoNo::omg:

simplelife
23rd November 2008, 23:37

XBox?
PSP?
Wii?
PC?
CD?
IPod?
CP?
TV?
DVD?
CAR?

hehehe... all are upto maximum of 4 letters! hehe very short but most expensive!! :NoNo::omg:
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

amyburple
24th November 2008, 03:33

XBox?
PSP?
Wii?
PC?
CD?
IPod?
CP?
TV?
DVD?
CAR?

That's now a days... How about you what do you want to give to your child if ever??? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

keithAngel
24th November 2008, 07:08
tiN[/LEFT];99967]

Your in luck then as we have just launched our fast exotic food mail order service today(thanks for the idea)

This little
chappie can also deal with the chicks in the
Balut if your Hubby is recalcitrant and he or she will be
absolutely
enormous in time for your
Xmas dinner

amyburple
24th November 2008, 07:59
hmmmmm have a nice lunch to you ....

tiN
24th November 2008, 09:04
Your in luck then as we have just launched our fast exotic food mail order service today(thanks for the idea)

This little
chappie can also deal with the chicks in the
Balut if your Hubby is recalcitrant and he or she will be
absolutely
enormous in time for your
Xmas dinner

:doh:doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
25th November 2008, 22:19
That's now a days... How about you what do you want to give to your child if ever??? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

ive told my husband that the kids should earn their presents... but he said... they might hate us, coz my family could give them anything and expensive presents hehehe... :doh

u have to remember we r in england now... if you want to give our kids cheap pressies hehe send them to the Philippines hehehe

Ann07
25th November 2008, 22:22

XBox?
PSP?
Wii?
PC?
CD?
IPod?
CP?
TV?
DVD?
CAR?

my husband have xbox and i have wii wahhhhhhhhhh we are like 14 y/o brit/fil kids:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: yes we are sometimes hmmmmmm oppppppsss all the time:Erm::Erm:

Ann07
25th November 2008, 22:24
ive told my husband that the kids should earn their presents... but he said... they might hate us, coz my family could give them anything and expensive presents hehehe... :doh

u have to remember we r in england now... if you want to give our kids cheap pressies hehe send them to the Philippines hehehe

your husband thought is exactly the same as mine in terms of giving pressies wahhhhhhh i just tell him just wait n see when they are grown ups if u cud still say that:icon_lol::icon_lol:

amyburple
26th November 2008, 07:44
your husband thought is exactly the same as mine in terms of giving pressies wahhhhhhh i just tell him just wait n see when they are grown ups if u cud still say that:icon_lol::icon_lol:

hehehehe :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
26th November 2008, 19:42
my husband have xbox and i have wii wahhhhhhhhhh we are like 14 y/o brit/fil kids:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: yes we are sometimes hmmmmmm oppppppsss all the time:Erm::Erm:

hehe... same here...

hehe... same same... lol