PDA

View Full Version : NSO Marriage Certificate, correction

Alfie
3rd September 2006, 15:28
Does anyone know how we(me and my Filipino wife) would go about submitting an application to correct a mistake on our NSO marriage certificate? What would be required?
I made a silly mistake when filling out the original forms(marriage licence application at the local registrar), putting "English" instead of "British" as my nationality (ooops!:doh ). Anyway, mockery aside, is it possible to make the relevant correction without needing to lay out high fees for lawyer? I mean is it possible to do the work ourselves and so not necessitate paying out money we don't really have? My wife would have to do it as she is the one in the Philippines.
This came to light when she was collecting all the relevant docs for her passport application - she needs a CFO certificate for that, but the CFO refused to grant it, upon looking at the said mistake on our marriage Certificate.
They said it would need a lawyer to change it (the fee of $250 has been quoted), but i'm thinking it sounds a lot to simply correct the word in 3 places, no? :Help1:

Alfie
3rd September 2006, 17:03
I just read a post of PeterDavid - that you are a Lawyer and know some Filipino law - would be most appreciated if you could advise me on this, thanks, Alfie

baboyako
3rd September 2006, 17:19
http://www.passport.com.ph/faq.htm

see point 12. how long are you marrieD?

baboyako
3rd September 2006, 17:20
point 21 sorry dyslexic!!

Alfie
4th September 2006, 02:41
baboyako, that sounds like a useful point! We have been married just over 6 months. It is her first time application for a passport (not renewal) but maybe that 6 month limit still applies, and she doesn't need the CFO certificate. Thanks alot, Alfie.

Alfie
25th September 2006, 20:15
<see the outcome of this thread in "help and advice" category>

dave65
4th November 2006, 00:52
Hi i am curious about this ..whats wrong with saying you are english that mearly tells people you are from england as opposed to saying you are british which means you can be from a number of places around the world (which are bits of a fragmented empire and make it less clear where you are from)
on forms i have always put English, and whilst i was out in the philippines continued to do so when any official questioned this i gave the above explaination and it was always accepted

KeithD
4th November 2006, 10:25
English or British mean the same to me....I AM NOT European :smileybigangry: :NEW4:

robeth
4th November 2006, 11:38
English or British mean the same to me....I AM NOT European :smileybigangry: :NEW4:

all british are english but not all english are british? :rolleyes:

dave65
4th November 2006, 18:57
Err sorry robeth i think thats the wrong way round english people come from england therfore english as well as british
conversly scotish people are from scotland so they are Scotish as well as being British but often make the distinction between Scotish and English
and i agree with win2win definatly not european
in the islands people would keep refering to me as an america or aussy ....humpf how can anyone not tell the difference between an englishman and one of our (thankfully) distant colonial cousins

KeithD
4th November 2006, 19:20
All Aussies look like scousers.........................bloody criminals :icon_lol: