PDA

View Full Version : Sinigang

amyburple
17th November 2008, 18:06
Sinigang is a Filipino soup dish with a tamarind base which is well known for its sour taste and the variety of ingredients that you can put in it. The dish often incorporates fish (bangus), pork, shrimp, or beef, along with vegetables like string beans, kangkong, petchay, okra, pepper, radish, and kamatis (tomato). Sinigang has always been a childhood favorite and is still one of those dishes that can make my mouth water upon merely hearing its name. For some reason,

The best kind of sinigang is one that’s mouth-curdling sour but with the right amount of salt and spiciness. I attempted to make beef sinigang a couple of months ago and I’ve yet to achieve the precise flavor I love in my sinigang.

Ingredients

1 onion
6 medium-sized tomatoes
6 pcs meat cut in serving pieces (Bangus, tilapia or PORK)
6 cups water
3 cups kangkong leaves or Pechay
2 pieces long sili
1 1/2 tsps salt
3 cups crushed tamarind or sinigang mix
1 pc tamarind broth cube (optional)
1 md Icicle radish, cut into
-1″ pieces
-(or 10 red radishes, pared)
1/4 lb Green beans
1/2 lb Spinach (or cabbage,
-mustard greens or
-watercress)
*** the vegetables it's up to you that suits you :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I like the mustard green yummy

PROCEDURE:

1. In the boiling water put the tomatoes, onion and the meat (bangus, shrimps, tilapia or pork), toss the sinigang mix too Let boil. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat and simmer until beef becomes tender. Put in the kangkong, petchay or the okra and sili then season with salt.

2. Optional: Remove tamarind and mash with some broth. Strain juice back
into pot.

3. Taste for seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add green beans and radish. for
10 minutes.

4. Add spinach, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minute to finish
cooking spinach.

Variations: Beef, Bangus, Tilapia, Blue Marlin, Shrimp (stewing, brisket, shank or plate) may be used in place
of pork. Adjust cooking time for each.

Jay&Zobel
17th November 2008, 20:24
This is good especially it is near winter season!!!

Thanks amy

tiger@tigress
17th November 2008, 22:38
Hmmmmmm kakagutom

andypaul
17th November 2008, 22:45
The missus makes it every week I always smile as it smells far nicer than Dried fish:omg:

amyburple
18th November 2008, 04:55
This is good especially it is near winter season!!!

Thanks amy

Yea anytime... It's really lovely and soooooooooooo yummy hehehehhe!!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I love sinigang very much, it can lessen cholesterol hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
18th November 2008, 04:56
Hmmmmmm kakagutom

yea right hehehehe... Kakagutom tlga :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
18th November 2008, 04:57
The missus makes it every week I always smile as it smells far nicer than Dried fish:omg:

Wow COOL :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: ohhh sinigang with dried fish hmmmm I'll try that hehehe... Sinigang it self it OK with me :):):)

kimmi
18th November 2008, 20:00
Wow COOL :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: ohhh sinigang with dried fish hmmmm I'll try that hehehe... Sinigang it self it OK with me :):):)

sinigang with dried fish??:Erm::Erm::yikes::doh

aromulus
18th November 2008, 20:06
:vomit-smiley-011:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

kimmi
18th November 2008, 20:07
:vomit-smiley-011:

:xxparty-smiley-004:

is that for sinigang with dried fish MOD??:Erm::D:yikes::icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
18th November 2008, 20:27
Hang on its either Dired fish or Sinigang not both. Please dont give the wife ideas.

kimmi
18th November 2008, 20:29
Hang on its either Dired fish or Sinigang not both. Please dont give the wife ideas.

I dont think it will taste nice if u mix the two together..I love sinigang and adobo but can't imagine if with dried fish..:bigcry::omg:

amyburple
19th November 2008, 04:24
sinigang with dried fish??:Erm::Erm::yikes::doh

hehehehe yes I'm suprised when I read this idea of Andy heheheheh :):):):)

amyburple
19th November 2008, 04:26
I dont think it will taste nice if u mix the two together..I love sinigang and adobo but can't imagine if with dried fish..:bigcry::omg:

hmmm maybe it's separate hehehehe.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
19th November 2008, 08:33
Two nights ago we had a lovely rabbit adobo, prepared by my beautiful wife...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yesterday the neighbour was asking if we saw her cat anywhere.....:Erm:

:omg::doh

amyburple
19th November 2008, 08:59
Two nights ago we had a lovely rabbit adobo, prepared by my beautiful wife...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yesterday the neighbor was asking if we saw her cat anywhere.....:Erm:

:omg::doh

Wahahahahahaha :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Speaking of RABBIT, I tried eating tht one hehehee it's ADOBO it's really yummy hehehhehe... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: It's better than chicken :):):):)

kimmi
19th November 2008, 19:04

hehehehe yes I'm suprised when I read this idea of Andy heheheheh :):):):)

:omg::omg:I dont think Kuya Andy meant to mix it together, if I read it right he's saying that sinigang smells better than the dried fish....:Erm::Erm:

hmmm maybe it's separate hehehehe.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

he he he..Ive got a friend who cooked sinigang with mince beef/pork,and it's just funny because u cannot even see the meat anymore..:doh:bigcry:

amyburple
19th November 2008, 19:12
he he he..Ive got a friend who cooked sinigang with mince beef/pork,and it's just funny because u cannot even see the meat anymore..:doh:bigcry:

ohhhh so it's possible hehehehe :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

missmiles
20th November 2008, 09:57
Sinigang is a Filipino soup dish with a tamarind base which is well known for its sour taste and the variety of ingredients that you can put in it. The dish often incorporates fish (bangus), pork, shrimp, or beef, along with vegetables like string beans, kangkong, petchay, okra, pepper, radish, and kamatis (tomato). Sinigang has always been a childhood favorite and is still one of those dishes that can make my mouth water upon merely hearing its name. For some reason,

The best kind of sinigang is one that’s mouth-curdling sour but with the right amount of salt and spiciness. I attempted to make beef sinigang a couple of months ago and I’ve yet to achieve the precise flavor I love in my sinigang.

Ingredients

1 onion
6 medium-sized tomatoes
6 pcs meat cut in serving pieces (Bangus, tilapia or PORK)
6 cups water
3 cups kangkong leaves or Pechay
2 pieces long sili
1 1/2 tsps salt
3 cups crushed tamarind or sinigang mix
1 pc tamarind broth cube (optional)
1 md Icicle radish, cut into
-1″ pieces
-(or 10 red radishes, pared)
1/4 lb Green beans
1/2 lb Spinach (or cabbage,
-mustard greens or
-watercress)
*** the vegetables it's up to you that suits you :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I like the mustard green yummy

PROCEDURE:

1. In the boiling water put the tomatoes, onion and the meat (bangus, shrimps, tilapia or pork), toss the sinigang mix too Let boil. As soon as it boils, reduce the heat and simmer until beef becomes tender. Put in the kangkong, petchay or the okra and sili then season with salt.

2. Optional: Remove tamarind and mash with some broth. Strain juice back
into pot.

3. Taste for seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add green beans and radish. for
10 minutes.

4. Add spinach, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minute to finish
cooking spinach.

Variations: Beef, Bangus, Tilapia, Blue Marlin, Shrimp (stewing, brisket, shank or plate) may be used in place
of pork. Adjust cooking time for each.

Oh thnks for posting :Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp: Nakakatakam grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I'm hungry now :):):)

honeybunny
1st December 2008, 11:32
i brought some knorr tamarind mix with me,
coz my honey likes it
first dish i cooked for him when got here 3 weeks ago...

Ann07
1st December 2008, 19:45
yummu yummy sinigang still making it here:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: