PDA

View Full Version : Buko Fruit Salad

amyburple
16th November 2008, 09:55
New Year’s Eve noche buena must have a fruit salad on the dinner table. The most popular fruit salad is the Buko salad. The popularity of fruits during New Year’s Eve celebration is part of the tradition to bring in good luck, fortune and prosperity. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ingredients
5 large cans of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail (Imported)
Grated Coconut meat from 10 buko (young coconut)
2 cans lychees
1 small bottle nata de coco (green)
1 small bottle nata de coco (red)
1 small bottle kaong (green)
1/4 kilo seedless grapes
3 small china apples , cubed
1/4 kilo seedless grapes
1 can condensed milk
2 packs Nestle Cream
1 can Peaches for topping
Few red or green cherries for topping

Procedure
1. Drain the fruits from the can for at least 2 hours. This is to prevent a soggy fruit salad.
2. When all the juices have been drained, mix all the fruits together in a bowl.
3. Add the condensed milk and cream till well blended.
4. Transfer to serving bowls and top with peaches and cherries.
5. Freeze or Refrigerate properly. (Buko spoils if not refrigerated or frozen. I prefer to freeze the rest of the buko salad if it isn’t eaten within the day.)

*** I really love it.... hmmm is there Coconut at UK :Erm::Erm::Erm:

charlwill
16th November 2008, 11:08
*** I really love it.... hmmm is there Coconut at UK :Erm::Erm::Erm:

Of course there is, if you know where to look.

amyburple
16th November 2008, 11:22
Of course there is, if you know where to look.

That's cool..... :):):) Have you tried to cooked it therE? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

maria_and_matt
16th November 2008, 15:37
i tried and its good :)

tiN
16th November 2008, 16:48
I cant find one:NoNo::NoNo:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 17:19
i tried and its good :)

ummmm wow how cool is that :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: SO all the ingredients are available sis?

amyburple
16th November 2008, 17:20
ummmm wow how cool is that :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: SO all the ingredients are available sis?

Sis try to ask sis Maria where she buy those ingredients and you can make too... :):):)

charlwill
16th November 2008, 22:49
That's cool..... :):):) Have you tried to cooked it therE? :Erm::Erm::Erm:
Yes, I tried to made a Buko Salad. I even tried to made the Mac Salad. Where I live, I can get all the ingredients here even our own brand of fruit cocktail the Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.

vbkelly
16th November 2008, 23:11
you can buy a young coconut in chinese supermarket,

amyburple
17th November 2008, 08:43
Yes, I tried to made a Buko Salad. I even tried to made the Mac Salad. Where I live, I can get all the ingredients here even our own brand of fruit cocktail the Del Monte Fiesta Fruit Cocktail.

Wow cool... So you can some filipino food there... Hmmm how about other pinoy food sis? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

amyburple
17th November 2008, 08:44
you can buy a young coconut in chinese supermarket,

Oh really sis good heheheh.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
17th November 2008, 10:52
Yes, can cook filipino foods all the time.

amyburple
17th November 2008, 10:56
Yes, can cook filipino foods all the time.

ohh cool yehey hehehe.. I always ask my hubby about it if I cann cook my favorite foods there... like the pancit, kare-kare heheheh..hmmm WHT about BAGOONG and TUYO sis...? :Erm::Erm:

tiN
17th November 2008, 11:24
:NoNo:I havent seen alamang here:NoNo:

amyburple
17th November 2008, 11:35

ohhh how about in Chinese shops? :Erm::Erm:

vbkelly
17th November 2008, 13:21

yes have tin in chinese supermarket,all ingredients are there. we normally buy a stuff in Wing Yip or Sing Fat chinese supermarket in birmingham.

amyburple
17th November 2008, 14:25
yes have tin in chinese supermarket,all ingredients are there. we normally buy a stuff in Wing Yip or Sing Fat chinese supermarket in birmingham.

hmmm TIN check out this shop.... Thanks for the info :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

maria_and_matt
17th November 2008, 15:26
Sis try to ask sis Maria where she buy those ingredients and you can make too... :):):)
you can get grated young coconut on every asian store, frozen but it is still good.

amyburple
17th November 2008, 17:06
you can get grated young coconut on every asian store, frozen but it is still good.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
18th November 2008, 02:59
ohh cool yehey hehehe.. I always ask my hubby about it if I cann cook my favorite foods there... like the pancit, kare-kare heheheh..hmmm WHT about BAGOONG and TUYO sis...? :Erm::Erm:
Well, as I've said where I live almost of filipino ingredients we have here. We have a big Asian shop here that sells everything even a banana blossom (puso ng saging) you can buy in this shop.

missmiles
20th November 2008, 09:58
THE BEST... MACARONI SALAD and BUKO SALAD... looking forward to eat this all this coming PASKO :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

honeybunny
1st December 2008, 13:41
Well, as I've said where I live almost of filipino ingredients we have here. We have a big Asian shop here that sells everything even a banana blossom (puso ng saging) you can buy in this shop.

just wanna ask if this is in lancashire?where is it to be exact?
cheers..:)

charlwill
2nd December 2008, 09:52
just wanna ask if this is in lancashire?where is it to be exact?
cheers..:)
Yes, this is in Lancashire. In the city of Preston. Are from Lancashire as well?

honeybunny
2nd December 2008, 15:51
Yes, this is in Lancashire. In the city of Preston. Are from Lancashire as well?

yap im from BOLTOn sis...
but hard to find some of the ings: that i need...:NoNo::doh

charlwill
2nd December 2008, 17:23
yap im from BOLTOn sis...
but hard to find some of the ings: that i need...:NoNo::doh
Ah yeah, right! You're not that far. How long you have been living there?