PDA

View Full Version : visit visa to working visa

inUK
15th November 2008, 01:31
hi everyone!!!!:Hellooo:

visit visa to working visa?is it possible?

its the situation of my friend here..she's here for a visit visa,her second time,shes separated .she told me that here visa is 2 years entry.she's living to her british bf now.her visa will expire soon but she dont want to go home.thats why she wants me ask in here if its possible to get a working visa.

thank you

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 02:34
in simple terms no, unless

1. Switching into Work Permit

Nationals of non - EEA countries may apply to switch into work permit employment without leaving the UK provided they satisfy the work permits criteria and have existing leave to remain as:

A student and have successfully graduated at a UK higher or further education institute;
A student must obtain a UK level degree before applying for a work permit. A certificate or diploma will not be sufficient enough for this purpose.

A post graduate Doctor or dentist or trainee general practitioner;

A student nurse;

A working holidaymaker who has been in the UK at least 12 months;

A working Holiday maker may now only switch into Work Permit employment, if the occupation is on the published list of designated shortage occupations maintained by Work Permits (UK). Therefore one has to take a look at the designated shortage occupations list being published by the Home Office Work Permits (UK) on its website, before applying for a work permit.

A participant on the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme;

A highly skilled Migrant;

An Innovator

Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland scheme participant who holds a valid in-country work permit approval for employment in Scotland.

i hope your friend has not been in the uk longer than 6 months in one trip :NoNo:

Geraldine
15th November 2008, 21:39
Hi!

No chance at all. If she wants to stay in UK legally, she needs to go back to Phil and get proper visa like fiancee/marriage. If she overstays here, she wouldnt get any visa in the future. Hope she makes the right decision.

Hope that helps.