PDA

View Full Version : Friendster goes loopy

andypaul
14th November 2008, 22:24
The Wife just logged into her friendster after she could not log on yesterday.

Now half her friends have vanished anyone else having problems?

tiger@tigress
14th November 2008, 22:25
Got the same problem...

andypaul
14th November 2008, 22:27
Looks like they had a big problem.

Hopefully for you and the Wife its sorted soon, looks like they dont back up the infomation very often.

lizaphil
14th November 2008, 23:16
yes can't log in:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

Ana_may365
15th November 2008, 00:30
same with me also,cant log in

Alan
15th November 2008, 00:41
I had no friends anyway. :bigcry:

Al.:)

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 02:38

all the friends you need are here AL :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how's things going AL. still struggling or have things improved ?

.. struggling here :cwm24: :Help1:

amyburple
15th November 2008, 05:41
Yea right seen yesterday morning.... Last night I just logged in just for few minutes but it's too slow so I decided to log out and log in again but when I did tht it's not working again :doh:doh:doh:doh

Usually if they have maintenance it took just a day... This s the first time ever to take more than 1 day hayyyyyyy... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:Better use MULTIPLY... I'm planning to open an account to FACEBOOK :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
15th November 2008, 08:41
all the friends you need are here AL :xxgrinning--00xx3:

how's things going AL. still struggling or have things improved ?

.. struggling here :cwm24: :Help1:

Hi Joe. Got a better job now - pays brazil nuts instead of peanuts! :D

However, don't get paid until end of November so struggling badly this month. (Have you ever tried to cut a grain of rice in half? You can do anything when you're broke:xxgrinning--00xx3:)

Did you lose your job?

Thanks for your concern and friendship mate.

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 10:17
Did you lose your job?

yes work went bust, I'm on first name terms now with the people at the gov insolvency service (4 times in the last 7yrs :NoNo:) :rolleyes:

I was very lucky to get 2 job offers the same week, and started work the week later, looking back it was lucky we went bust 5 months ago, because if it was now, it would be a lot more difficult to find a job now..

well your slowly moving up AL, you'll be a head teacher or president of the phils soon :rolleyes: , you'd get my vote :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 11:22
Yea right seen yesterday morning.... Last night I just logged in just for few minutes but it's too slow so I decided to log out and log in again but when I did tht it's not working again :doh:doh:doh:doh

Usually if they have maintenance it took just a day... This s the first time ever to take more than 1 day hayyyyyyy... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:Better use MULTIPLY... I'm planning to open an account to FACEBOOK :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

I dont think it is ongoing maintance i belive that was either an outrage or someone pressed the wrong button:doh

I have a feeling a lot of these social networking sites will find they run into problems soon. Loads of people use them but if advertising and income dry up they try to cut costs but maintain a service which is still growing then there will be problems.

The Wife is quite upset as she had just got hold of people she knows years back and now in a blink of an eye they are gone.
Very hard to back up friendster your self:NoNo:

jbt
15th November 2008, 13:52
friendster is still not working properly :bigcry:

Mrs.JMajor
15th November 2008, 14:17
yeah,my daughter had the same problem from 800 turn into 6 people left

Alan
15th November 2008, 15:42
yes work went bust, I'm on first name terms now with the people at the gov insolvency service (4 times in the last 7yrs :NoNo:) :rolleyes:

I was very lucky to get 2 job offers the same week, and started work the week later, looking back it was lucky we went bust 5 months ago, because if it was now, it would be a lot more difficult to find a job now..

well your slowly moving up AL, you'll be a head teacher or president of the phils soon :rolleyes: , you'd get my vote :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Maybe I might get to head teacher again, but I could NEVER be president of the Phils. 'cos I'm not a criminal!!

KeithD
15th November 2008, 15:45
Maybe I might get to head teacher again, but I could NEVER be president of the Phils. 'cos I'm not a criminal!!

Yes you are......you stole Hanna's heart..... :vomit-smiley-011:

amyburple
15th November 2008, 16:40
I dont think it is ongoing maintance i belive that was either an outrage or someone pressed the wrong button:doh

I have a feeling a lot of these social networking sites will find they run into problems soon. Loads of people use them but if advertising and income dry up they try to cut costs but maintain a service which is still growing then there will be problems.

The Wife is quite upset as she had just got hold of people she knows years back and now in a blink of an eye they are gone.
Very hard to back up friendster your self:NoNo:

Aww sad... hmmm i suggest better get multiply and myspace account too heheheh or FACEBOOK... Unitl now I cant open it...so slow :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: this is really strange :doh:doh:doh

ANDRES25
15th November 2008, 17:37
SAME HERE!!! from 70 something down to 16 friends! and still not working! FACEBOOK is a lot better!

KeithD
15th November 2008, 17:43
I had none last night and today -163 :bigcry:

marylen
15th November 2008, 19:05
yeah andypaul...been experiencing the same just now, friendster might have their maintenance as of the moment and may not gonna work on yet....i got hundreads of friends on there but only one left on for now...i can't view any of the moment but well lets see until tom it should be okay by then.....

andypaul
15th November 2008, 19:17
I had none last night and today -163 :bigcry:

I found out the Wife had me joined up and just one friend:rolleyes:

My rep in ruins

andypaul
15th November 2008, 19:19

I think your in a band of crooks with Admin and myself keeping old stolen christmas cracker jokes alive:D

tiN
15th November 2008, 19:25
:NoNo::NoNo:me too, its really annoying..:bigcry::bigcry:

aromulus
15th November 2008, 19:40
Well, at least you lot can log on.....:cwm3:

We still get the maintenance page....:doh

KeithD
15th November 2008, 20:13
Some poor 7 year old Indian boy getting paid $1 a month is now having to type in 154,386,735 friends as they had no backup :rolleyes:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 20:21
Some poor 7 year old Indian boy getting paid $1 a month is now having to type in 154,386,735 friends as they had no backup :rolleyes:

should finish by the time he pops his clogs

menchkin
15th November 2008, 20:45
Can't access friendster for 3 days now. I wonder what happened to the system....:Erm: :Erm: :Erm:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 21:04
Lets march on Friendster ville.

lizaphil
15th November 2008, 21:12

LOL i am here if you accept me as your friend :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

anyway you can log in now its working im just check......:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
15th November 2008, 21:20
Just shouted out to the missus who went to log in and got the maintance board.

KeithD
15th November 2008, 21:36
Just shouted out to the missus who went to log in and got the maintance board.
You use megaphones to communicate? :Erm:

tiN
15th November 2008, 21:40
:bigcry::furious3:still temporary maintenance:bigcry::bigcry:

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 21:40
:Hellooo: :REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050:

scouser Keith has made his 10,000th educational and informative post :D

drinks and sheep dip are on him :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and me 3 away from my 4000th scouser baiting post

gazlou
15th November 2008, 22:14
Same here. My friends thinking to move to MULTIPLY, is this any good? I thought FACEBOOK is better.

KeithD
15th November 2008, 23:46
:Hellooo: :REDancedancer08::xxparty-smiley-050:

scouser Keith has made his 10,000th educational and informative post :D
I :cwm38: Hull :Hellooo:

menchkin
15th November 2008, 23:51
LOL i am here if you accept me as your friend :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

anyway you can log in now its working im just check......:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Still can't access up to now.... :doh

amyburple
16th November 2008, 06:40
Same here. My friends thinking to move to MULTIPLY, is this any good? I thought FACEBOOK is better.

For me MULTIPLY is BETTER... It has many features and it's nicer than FRIENDSTER..... I've hear facebook is also good same with Myspace... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 06:45
Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhh What's happenning to FRIENDSTER.... It's really sucks :furious3::furious3::furious3::furious3: After 2 days of not accessing it now you can but there's a big big big big PROBLEM.... While checking my accountthere esp my friends nadaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........Out of almost 500 friends on my account.....my old friends etc..... now it's 50 ONLY :doh:doh:doh:doh what's happening to it..... :Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick::Brick: I hope I'm not the one who is experiencing it!!!!! What's happening to their system grrrrrrrrrrrrr :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23: I hate it.... It's really UNFAIR common friendter! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Anyway one here who's having the same problem!!!!! Is there any chances we can re-trieve that! :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

ervenescence
16th November 2008, 08:34
Yeah friendster is back! but unfortunately like you, I lost lots of my friends, we'll except for my featured friends.
Somethings not right there, I hope they sort it out. :NoNo:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 09:07
Yeah friendster is back! but unfortunately like you, I lost lots of my friends, we'll except for my featured friends.

Ohhh I'm not the only one.... Goshhh it's frustrating hayyyyyy! I hope that they will work it out! I make a account on facebook sis, I will try tht one.. I have multiply and myspace already...

LEAHnew
16th November 2008, 09:32
The Wife just logged into her friendster after she could not log on yesterday.

Now half her friends have vanished anyone else having problems?
:NoNo: Same here:bigcry:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Goodluck Prof and NO for Pres.:doh:D

:cwm34::NoNo:

:Erm: Is it possible the system was hacked or the back up crashed down:omg:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 09:42
I don't have any idea sis... huhuhuhu, It's very frustrating really!

KeithD
16th November 2008, 09:53
It seems strange that across the internet complaints of lost friends are in the majority concerning Philippine folk!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=friendster+maintenance

Nearly ever 'friend' problem is related in some way to Filipinas.

LEAHnew
16th November 2008, 10:13
Does it mean we need to start again adding the hundreds of friends lost:yikes::bigcry::bigcry::furious3:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 10:21
Does it mean we need to start again adding the hundreds of friends lost:yikes::bigcry::bigcry::furious3:

Maybe start to invite the friends sis.. But I'm not really sure :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

andypaul
16th November 2008, 12:22
It seems strange that across the internet complaints of lost friends are in the majority concerning Philippine folk!

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=50&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=friendster+maintenance

Nearly ever 'friend' problem is related in some way to Filipinas.

As you know its used far more over there and many of the other major users may use it in there own language.
Its growing at a tremdous rate like many of the social networks.

http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1707760,00.html/

Be intresting (well to Mr Admin and I) how they recover as Facebook and others are trying to expand in the area and maywell win over fans and users if they dont recover from this outrage soon and with a good result for the User.

I know for many of the Users on here its a Life line which is so important to Friends and Family, so i hope its sorted for all of you and my Wife:Help1:

andypaul
16th November 2008, 12:41
Just logged into my Wifes account

and just below the photographs of contacts is this message

Your friends list may be inaccurately displayed. Please be assured your friends list will be accurate soon. - Friendster Team

So hopefully

It will be sorted soon, i presume they have used an older back up or a regular maintance routine went wrong.

Im not an expert Im sure Mr Admin can advise you better.

But on Websites the information is held on a bigger version of your PC and Harddisk.

Like all users should they should regularly back up there harddisk so if it goes wrong or the operating system (like windows Xp etc for you) throws a wobbly or gets a Virus. Also important for both websites and users is to back up your data. For most users thats your pictures, songs and documents. That and any unique data such as contacts, emails on your outlook, basically things you changed and are unique to you.

Behind the pretty pictures is what they call a database (ask joe bloggs he likes them:D) which holds all the info like a huggee address book. so it looks like the operating system is ok as you can see the screen but the information its looking for is not correct on the database.

They can reload the this information and any professional system should be quite upto date. So if it crashed on tuesday they should have a backup from sunday or monday (on the scale of friendster i dont how often they bacup with out asking a few contacts)

It looks like they either reloaded the wrong info back on or someone pressed the wrong buttons.

So hopefully they have a much more current recording of your info loaded back on soon.

ps i dont know exactly whats happened here only the friendster admin team do (we hope) just trying to give a simple version for those who are im sure quite upset. So hopefully very soon you can be in contact with all your friends again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
16th November 2008, 12:55
Just logged into my Wifes account

and just below the photographs of contacts is this message

Your friends list may be inaccurately displayed. Please be assured your friends list will be accurate soon. - Friendster Team

So hopefully

It will be sorted soon, i presume they have used an older back up or a regular maintance routine went wrong.

Im not an expert Im sure Mr Admin can advise you better.

But on Websites the information is held on a bigger version of your PC and Harddisk.

Like all users should they should regularly back up there harddisk so if it goes wrong or the operating system (like windows Xp etc for you) throws a wobbly or gets a Virus. Also important for both websites and users is to back up your data. For most users thats your pictures, songs and documents. That and any unique data such as contacts, emails on your outlook, basically things you changed and are unique to you.

Behind the pretty pictures is what they call a database (ask joe bloggs he likes them:D) which holds all the info like a huggee address book. so it looks like the operating system is ok as you can see the screen but the information its looking for is not correct on the database.

They can reload the this information and any professional system should be quite upto date. So if it crashed on tuesday they should have a backup from sunday or monday (on the scale of friendster i dont how often they bacup with out asking a few contacts)

It looks like they either reloaded the wrong info back on or someone pressed the wrong buttons.

So hopefully they have a much more current recording of your info loaded back on soon.

ps i dont know exactly whats happened here only the friendster admin team do (we hope) just trying to give a simple version for those who are im sure quite upset. So hopefully very soon you can be in contact with all your friends again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ahhh so it's just temporary COOL then..... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
16th November 2008, 13:00
Heck, you lot make it sound as it is the end of the world.....................:Erm:

KeithD
16th November 2008, 13:13
Heck, you lot make it sound as it is the end of the world.....................:Erm:
BOOMMMmmmmmmm........

amyburple
16th November 2008, 13:19

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....... What a good COMMENT :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::cwm12::cwm12::cwm12::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
16th November 2008, 13:45

it seems strange to me.

But My wife is 25 and she cant go and see her friends everyday, calling them all is expensive as is texting.
She has got hold of friends she has lost touch with since she moved to uni and then moved abroad.

One friend she got back in touch with a month later they arranged to meet when she flew into London as a Airhostess this made my Wifes month showing a friend round london. Due to time differences and the cost of international calls friendster messages made this far easier.

She also found out a classmate lives in the Uk as A nurse, I think his Wife who she also knows is joining him. Another friend is coming to study in the Uk. All this due to friendster.

She also loves looking at all the pictures of her friends and helps the changes be not so bad when she goes back. She keeps up with all the gossip and jokes. so feels apart fo the group.

It may seem odd to us but its a life line for many of our spouses.

It also keeps them out of the shops, not nagging us and them happy with out expensive phone calls dos me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

If i wanna watch a football match i just suggest friendster and the wife is off on there transfixed for 90 plus mintues:D

amyburple
16th November 2008, 13:54
Well said Andy .... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
16th November 2008, 16:30
me too!
maybe the problem would be overloading :D

menchkin
16th November 2008, 21:28

Just checked my friendster profile and good to know that all my friends are there (not one is missing). that's a relief.... :)

tiN
16th November 2008, 22:10
Just checked my friendster profile and good to know that all my friends are there (not one is missing). that's a relief.... :)

still temporary maintenance, this is after 4 days now:doh:doh:bigcry:

KeithD
16th November 2008, 22:10
Mines fine...they've put my '0' friends back on :)

tiN
16th November 2008, 22:13
Mines fine...they've put my '0' friends back on :)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

tiN
17th November 2008, 00:07
:Hellooo::Hellooo:sorted its all working now!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

but some of my friends are missing:doh:doh

andypaul
17th November 2008, 00:43
The Wife now has her full list back.

Heres hoping others are ok or soon will be soon.

fred
17th November 2008, 05:59
Whats friendster?

amyburple
17th November 2008, 08:32
Whats friendster?

check this out... www.friendster.com

It's social group website.... hmmmmmmmm just like myspace, facebook, multiply and so on and so fort heheheheh :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
17th November 2008, 20:13
Whats friendster?

We would never understand, best left alone:D

KeithD
17th November 2008, 21:57
Whats friendster?

It is were folk who can't make real friends get electronic ones :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
17th November 2008, 22:34
It is were folk who can't make real friends get electronic ones :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mr Admin I think its time to fasten your Bang Hat:D

amyburple
18th November 2008, 08:52
Mr Admin I think its time to fasten your Bang Hat:D

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: hahahahha....

Jay&Zobel
18th November 2008, 20:59
:furious3::bigcry::angry::CompBuster::Brick:

SAME SAME SAME...
HUHUHU

facebook now!

amyburple
19th November 2008, 04:41
:furious3::bigcry::angry::CompBuster::Brick:

SAME SAME SAME...
HUHUHU

facebook now!

yep FACEBOOK now hehehehe.... ADd me up hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: