PDA

View Full Version : How Stressful

amyburple
14th November 2008, 10:11
Ummm it's just an ordinary day today (Friday)...

I'm not busy coz I don't have calls to do yet.. So I'm just surfing UK NEWS... Yesterday my hubby txted me saying her sister, my future and soon to be sis-in-law is inside of every UK tabloid.. When I heard that I just asked to my self a BIG WHY. She is one of the witnesses of this criminal case of Peter Tobin and also the mom of my hubby is also the witness because they just neighbors before.. I'm just contemplating that how stressful is that.. attending court hearings and giving your testimonies.. I do hope that this person will be in jail for the rest of his life because for my own opinion it's really obvious that he killed all these girls.

I'm sure to those people who had experienced this kind situation you can relate... I'm praying the Wendy and mom Kathleen will be will be alright and not to be so stressed because of these on going trial.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article5142228.ece
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/70847/Neighbour-I-saw-Tobin-the-night-Vicky-vanished
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/tayside_and_central/7724806.stm

Anyway have a happy weekend to all of you!

james999
14th November 2008, 12:35
what the newspapers don't tell you is that he is already serving life for murder of a young polish woman who was living in Glasgow while he worked as a handyman in the local church .
Wouldn't want to prejudice his case by letting the jury know he is already a murderer :Cuckoo:
The only reason they found Vicki Hamilton's body in his former house was after he was convicted of another murder , how may other unconnected murders are waiting to be solved and only will be when that person is caught for one ?

amyburple
14th November 2008, 14:10
what the newspapers don't tell you is that he is already serving life for murder of a young polish woman who was living in Glasgow while he worked as a handyman in the local church .
Wouldn't want to prejudice his case by letting the jury know he is already a murderer :Cuckoo:
The only reason they found Vicki Hamilton's body in his former house was after he was convicted of another murder , how may other unconnected murders are waiting to be solved and only will be when that person is caught for one ?

yea I know that... my hubby told me about it. :)

missmiles
14th November 2008, 18:46
Ummm it's just an ordinary day today (Friday)...

I'm not busy coz I don't have calls to do yet.. So I'm just surfing UK NEWS... Yesterday my hubby txted me saying her sister, my future and soon to be sis-in-law is inside of every UK tabloid.. When I heard that I just asked to my self a BIG WHY. She is one of the witnesses of this criminal case of Peter Tobin and also the mom of my hubby is also the witness because they just neighbors before.. I'm just contemplating that how stressful is that.. attending court hearings and giving your testimonies.. I do hope that this person will be in jail for the rest of his life because for my own opinion it's really obvious that he killed all these girls.

I'm sure to those people who had experienced this kind situation you can relate... I'm praying the Wendy and mom Kathleen will be will be alright and not to be so stressed because of these on going trial.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/scotland/article5142228.ece
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/70847/Neighbour-I-saw-Tobin-the-night-Vicky-vanished
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/tayside_and_central/7724806.stm

Anyway have a happy weekend to all of you!

Just pray and everything will be OK :):):)

amyburple
14th November 2008, 19:15
Thanks you too...

andypaul
14th November 2008, 20:44
Well done to your sister in law hopefully she can help a familes get justice.

Tough on her i can well belive but she will be grateful she did it in the future im sure.

Maybe best to be careful what people mention about the court case unlikely but the scumbag may claim his court cases had been affected while under sub judice.

joebloggs
15th November 2008, 01:57
tell me about it, i had to give evidence last year, against my old boss in a crown court, as he was involved in major fraud. the worse part is waiting, the months and weeks of waiting until you have to give evidence, then sitting outside the court room :NoNo: minutes seem like hours :cwm24:, only for them to have a break, or its too late to hear your evidence and you have to come back tomorrow :doh

but once your in the wittness box it's not too bad, as you don't have time to be nervous :NoNo:, wittnesses b4 me were in the wittness box for 10 or 15 mins, i was there for 1 1/2 hrs :yikes:, 2 defense lawyers and 1 prosecution lawyer asking me questions, one of the defense lawyers trying to make out i was lying :cwm23:. was i happy to get out of there :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

not something i would want to do again and the case took more than 5yrs to go to court :yikes:

amyburple
15th November 2008, 05:31
tell me about it, i had to give evidence last year, against my old boss in a crown court, as he was involved in major fraud. the worse part is waiting, the months and weeks of waiting until you have to give evidence, then sitting outside the court room :NoNo: minutes seem like hours :cwm24:, only for them to have a break, or its too late to hear your evidence and you have to come back tomorrow :doh

but once your in the witness box it's not too bad, as you don't have time to be nervous :NoNo:, witnesses b4 me were in the witness box for 10 or 15 mins, i was there for 1 1/2 hrs :yikes:, 2 defense lawyers and 1 prosecution lawyer asking me questions, one of the defense lawyers trying to make out i was lying :cwm23:. was i happy to get out of their :Hellooo::BouncyHappy:

not something i would want to do again and the case took more than 5yrs to go to court :yikes:

If I'm thinking about the situation.. it's so stressful and it can drain you mentally and physically... :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: Thanks for sharing MOD... GOD BLESS YOU

amyburple
15th November 2008, 05:34
Well done to your sister in law hopefully she can help a families get justice.

Tough on her i can well believe but she will be grateful she did it in the future I'm sure.

Maybe best to be careful what people mention about the court case unlikely but the scumbag may claim his court cases had been affected while under sub judice.

I hope everything will be fine in the case.. :):):)