PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

mike
28th August 2006, 11:38
Hi,
My name is Mike, what a great site this is. I live in London and I am going to Cebu in November as my Fiancee lives there. Wow the plane flight will take hours

:yikes:

janice
28th August 2006, 11:46
Wow. Cebu, you will love it there, Mike. Wish you good luck. Hehe. Take care. :BouncyHappy:

mike
28th August 2006, 13:25
Hi Janinice thanks, I'm sure I will I leave london on 8th of November for that long long long flight journey

Eljohno
28th August 2006, 15:43
Hi,
My name is Mike, what a great site this is. I live in London and I am going to Cebu in November as my Fiancee lives there. Wow the plane flight will take hours

Hi Mike,

who are you flying with?

I have been to Cebu a few times. You will be surprised how modern the malls ( Ayala & SM) are and if you like shopping at all then you could spend hours there. There is also a bowling alley, cinema and pool tables to help pass the time. And it is well worth going to Bohol for a couple of days.....

John:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike
28th August 2006, 17:05
Hi Eljohno,
I am flying with Qatar Airway from Gatwick. Thanks for letting me know the places to see in Cebu

Eljohno
28th August 2006, 17:38
Hi Eljohno,
I am flying with Qatar Airway from Gatwick. Thanks for letting me know the places to see in Cebu

Enjoy Doha mike, do you know how long the stopover is? :NoNo:

mike
28th August 2006, 17:47
Hi Eljohno,
Three and half hours in Doha

A_flyer
28th August 2006, 19:40
Enjoy Doha mike, do you know how long the stopover is? :NoNo:
You have always long stopovers in this area (like Dubai, ...). These airlines are there for you to spend time (and money!) in the airport duty free.

mike
28th August 2006, 19:44
I can't wait to see my fiancee, the long flight will be worth it

tetla
29th August 2006, 13:46
and Mike dont forget to pop in to Badgers in Banilad..it's a British pub....although the prices of drinks there are a bit over the top...:BouncyHappy: for sure you will have a great time in Cebu...you can party all night there...and it's very close to Bohol if you want great beaches...I've lived most of my life in the Queen City of the South and I assure you will really love the city...not as crowded and polluted as Manila...

janice
29th August 2006, 17:44
Hi Janinice thanks, I'm sure I will I leave london on 8th of November for that long long long flight journey

You're welcome, Mike. Well, I graduated highschool in Cebu and I've been there for 6 years. I do really love the place. If the man I can be with in the future would love to stay and live for good in the Philippines, we would be in CEbu that's for sure. Hehe. Anyway, I sure hope you'll have a safe trip. Don't worry how long it would take, after all, you can be with your fiancee. Wow. That would be very exciting for the both of you. :BouncyHappy: ..HUHUHU. I still don't have no one to call my fiance. Huhuhu :Brick:

mike
29th August 2006, 18:06
hi tetla and Janice,
thanks for your kind words and Janice you will find someone

baboyako
29th August 2006, 19:44
I think you need to watch your back in cebu.

It's not as safe as davao, manila or makati etc. if you stay in the mall or tourist spots you will be ok - I didn't feel safe when we went around the markets & wandering the streets.
manila bay is full of rubbish & pollution - but so are all the rivers in cebu!!

take the fast ferry to bohol - it only takes 30minutes

mike
29th August 2006, 19:49
Thanks bab,
i will watch my back

Eljohno
29th August 2006, 19:52
I think you need to watch your back in cebu.

It's not as safe as davao, manila or makati etc. if you stay in the mall or tourist spots you will be ok - I didn't feel safe when we went around the markets & wandering the streets.
manila bay is full of rubbish & pollution - but so are all the rivers in cebu!!

take the fast ferry to bohol - it only takes 30minutes

I did not realise you could get to Bohol in 30 mins as the two time we have been it took 2 hours but thats good to know....

Eljohno
29th August 2006, 19:55
You're welcome, Mike. Well, I graduated highschool in Cebu and I've been there for 6 years. I do really love the place. If the man I can be with in the future would love to stay and live for good in the Philippines, we would be in CEbu that's for sure. Hehe. Anyway, I sure hope you'll have a safe trip. Don't worry how long it would take, after all, you can be with your fiancee. Wow. That would be very exciting for the both of you. :BouncyHappy: ..HUHUHU. I still don't have no one to call my fiance. Huhuhu :Brick:

As much as i enjoyed the few times i have been to Cebu i honestly did not find much to do to pass time apart from going around the two malls so maybe you could give me some tips of where to go next time.....:)

mike
29th August 2006, 20:02
i sure will eljohno, though i will be to busy getting married to my fiancee

baboyako
29th August 2006, 20:05
I did not realise you could get to Bohol in 30 mins as the two time we have been it took 2 hours but thats good to know....

yes it looks like they cancelled the route

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ceb/2005/05/06/bus/no.more.supercat.trips.to.bohol.dumaguete..html

we went on a catamaran (supercat i think). there is of course the slow ferry - i've not been on that.

I have taken the slow ferry from CDO to Jagna, - that took ages (5 hours?), and also Cebu - CDO (overnight),

A_flyer
29th August 2006, 20:26
The fastest ferries are Oceanjet. It take 1h30 from Cebu to Tagbilaran (Supercat was same travel time). For 30mn, you have to hire a plane at Cebu-Mactan to go to Tagbilaran airport.

baboyako
29th August 2006, 20:34
ok i found the schedules here..

http://www.tagbilaran.gov.ph/get.php

maybe it wasn't 30mins, but it didnt take very long...

tetla
30th August 2006, 13:11
just an update supercat fast ferry is no longer operating...there's a new fast ferry going to bohol now..im sorry but i just forgot the name but for sure your fiancee will know it..and it's not 30mins....the max time to get to tagbilaran is 1.5hrs...

yeah i agree every big cities is not very safe but unless you walk to a dark street and if you are wonderin in downtown colon in the night time then everything will be ok...

as for the rivers in cebu yeah it's not very clean but are you gonna spend time in the river, anyway...manila is just the worst place to visit...:BouncyHappy:

Eljohno
30th August 2006, 15:27
just an update supercat fast ferry is no longer operating...there's a new fast ferry going to bohol now..im sorry but i just forgot the name but for sure your fiancee will know it..and it's not 30mins....the max time to get to tagbilaran is 1.5hrs...

yeah i agree every big cities is not very safe but unless you walk to a dark street and if you are wonderin in downtown colon in the night time then everything will be ok...

as for the rivers in cebu yeah it's not very clean but are you gonna spend time in the river, anyway...manila is just the worst place to visit...:BouncyHappy:

The ferry we used twice was called "Ocean Jet"

It was a nice journey each time we used it but one of the times it showed probably the worst dubbed movie i have ever seen. It was so bad that it was very funny..:BouncyHappy:

mike
30th August 2006, 17:57
hi guys,
where is the best place to change my sterling, here, airport or Cebu

Thanks

Gavanddal
30th August 2006, 19:52
I'd definately change money before you go. There's nowhere at Mactan airport in Cebu apart from the dodgy moneychangers. In Cebu itself there's quite a few ATMs but it's hard to find one which takes Visa. Mastercard is the preferred choice. I found a PCI bank which took my Visa
If you take cash with you, make sure you have plenty of low denomination notes. Taxi drivers etc won't accept P500 notes (even though it's only £5 to us!)

mike
30th August 2006, 22:11
Thanks Gav

baboyako
30th August 2006, 22:20
i think you're only legally allowed to take 10,000pesos into the country.
so you will need to use a money changer at some point. I've not met a dodgy one yet.

Eljohno
30th August 2006, 22:31
The best thing to do is a debit card as you will not be taking loads of money with you and if your bank is like mine then there is no charge for using the card abroad:)

walesrob
31st August 2006, 09:30
The best thing to do is a debit card as you will not be taking loads of money with you and if your bank is like mine then there is no charge for using the card abroad:)

This is where I can recommend Nationwide, as their Maestro debit cards have free withdrawals anywhere in the world. Keep a credit card or another debit card as a back up if something goes wrong.

Eljohno
31st August 2006, 09:34
This is where I can recommend Nationwide, as their Maestro debit cards have free withdrawals anywhere in the world. Keep a credit card or another debit card as a back up if something goes wrong.

Rob it is actually Nationwide that i use and i think they are great and to be able to use the debit card in the Philippines without being charged is one of the reasons i like them so much:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jeida
31st August 2006, 10:47
i think you're only legally allowed to take 10,000pesos into the country.
so you will need to use a money changer at some point. I've not met a dodgy one yet.

Really? But my hubby brought more than 20,000 pesos with him plus some pounds :Erm: in his second visit here in the philippines. I think what you mean is you are not allowed to bring more than 10,000 pesos outside philippines.

Doc898
31st August 2006, 11:21
Really? But my hubby brought more than 20,000 pesos with him plus some pounds :Erm: in his second visit here in the philippines. I think what you mean is you are not allowed to bring more than 10,000 pesos outside philippines.

I've been travelling most of the time and i think you got it wrong. You're not allowed to bring more than US$10,000 outside the philippines....and not 10,000 pesos. I always bring at least US$2000 cash + travellers check when i travel outside the country. I haven't been stopped at any immigration or bureau of customs,whatsoever. My hubby just brings his visa debit card(Barclays) and do the transactions in our local atm banks. PCI Equitable, Metrobank, and BPI cash machines accepts Visa.

baboyako
31st August 2006, 18:23
http://www.bsp.gov.ph/publications/media.asp?id=815

correct - I think I was thinking of egypt with its £E500 limit.

personally I think visa is likely to get you further than maestro. my debit cards charge 1.50 for atm & debit card purchases. amex is commission free along with credit card visa.

russ01539
31st August 2006, 23:10
bab's right about the 10,000 peso thing, and also i have not met a dodgy money changer either.

Enjoy the experience Mike and let us know how it went when you get back. Good luck for the future.

mike
3rd September 2006, 19:38
hi everyone,
just thought do you need a visa to go to the philippines?

Eljohno
3rd September 2006, 19:40
hi everyone,
just thought do you need a visa to go to the philippines?

U dont need a visa in the first 21 days...

mike
3rd September 2006, 19:42
Thanks Eljohno

mike
3rd September 2006, 20:27
Hi,
i'm flying to Cebu by Qatar airways from Gatwick, I booked my flight using Expedia. I was just checking the Qatar Airways website and it said all flights need to be re-confirmed at least 72 hours before you leave, so if i booked via Expedia does that still apply to me? I do not fly out til November 8th.

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 20:34
It always makes sense to call the information desk at Qatar Airways (Gatwick) just to enquire the schedule is still as it should be, and at the same time you can confirm your flight that way.

Also I am not sure about Cebu, but at NAIA Manilla when u leave the airport there are stands labelled ABC DEF etc. Your fiance should be standing under the letter that corresponds with your surname.

Enjoy yourself and dont forget the factor 15. Your fiance loves the fact your WHITE, not some sun bleached orange lookylikey. hehehehe

mike
3rd September 2006, 20:42
Thanks Russ for the info, I am excited about going to philippines 9 weeks to go yippppiiiieeee

baboyako
3rd September 2006, 20:52
cebu just has a free-for-all taxi rank, in cebu the taxi drivers are more on the make than elsewhere. I think out of the dozen or so I've taken in cebu, every one of them were slow to use the meter, a couple didn't even have meters. they have a trick of a bit of wood covering the display.

A jeepney is a :BouncyHappy: WHOLE LOT MORE FUN :BouncyHappy: than a taxi, so to make sure you get a great first impression - ask your lady to hire a jeepney to meet you - this may be 2000+ pesos for half the day. a multicab will be a little cheaper (but less fun). - and of course the family can come along too.

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 20:55
trikes are good fun too, especially if you tip the driver to open the throttle out a bit.

mike
3rd September 2006, 20:56
Thanks guys you are all really so supportive

Eljohno
3rd September 2006, 21:23
A small tip if you want to use it when flying into cebu if you want to save money. When going out of the terminal there will be plenty of taxis but if you can be bothered to cross that road at the exit and go up some steps with your luggage there will be cheaper taxis, maybe i am just being tight:Erm: :NoNo:

mike
3rd September 2006, 21:25
thanks Eljohno

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 21:50
Well if you really wanna save money, go to the hotel reception on the day its time to pay with a look of thunder on your face. Fill them with unintelligible rubbish, and then calmly ask for discount. Thats how to pay Filipino prices instead of Western ones. (Not that I do that regularly, but did on one occasion just to see if it worked). It saved me over 100 quid, which was spent helping with the cost of education for one member of my wife's family. A much better cause than some German blokes pocket.

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 21:50
I would also like to point out I have nothing against German people whatsoever.

mike
3rd September 2006, 21:53
Lol, my fiancee has already booked the hotel

baboyako
3rd September 2006, 22:18
so don't check into german hotels?

IainBusby
4th September 2006, 10:26
Lol, my fiancee has already booked the hotel
Hi Mike,
If your fiancee has already booked the hotel, you should get her to ask the hotel to arrange airport transfer for you because they will have a fixed price which has already been agreed with cab drivers they use and she can enquire what that price is so you will know in advance. It's the only way you can be sure your not being ripped off.
Iain.

scotsfiancee
4th September 2006, 10:33
There's nothing to worried about the car for you to pick in the airport MIke, alot of taxi's around in the airport and it's more cheaper compared to Hotels. It's safe, and you will know by then how much it will cost for you from mactan aiport to Cebu city.around Php 300-400. Hotel will charged you like 500-600.

IainBusby
4th September 2006, 10:48
There's nothing to worried about the car for you to pick in the airport MIke, alot of taxi's around in the airport and it's more cheaper compared to Hotels. It's safe, and you will know by then how much it will cost for you from mactan aiport to Cebu city.around Php 300-400. Hotel will charged you like 500-600.

I can only go by my own experiences, which are mostly from Manila and that is, its much less hassle even if it is a couple of hundred pesos more. you dont have to start haggling and trying to get them to use the meter and although it should only be 300-400, once they see your a westerner, many of them will just take a punt and start off by asking 2000-3000. Of course the ones that try for those amounts are the worst of the bunch but its a very poor country and most of the cabbies know that 1000 or 2000, £10 or £20 won't break the bank for most of us westerners, so most of them will ask for as much as they think they can get away with.
Iain

scotsfiancee
4th September 2006, 10:56
Taxis in the airport will not overpriced Iain, it is recorded actually (taxi's No.). The lady will ask him where he going and they will give him a reciept, and give it to the taxi driver so he will know how much would be the charged. And to think of, i guess her gf will be there too. Manila is quite different to Cebu, i know manila is. Especially to the taxi driver's so we have to be very careful and familiarize the streets.. Cebu is easier than Manila.

Eljohno
4th September 2006, 12:39
Although you can get ripped of by taxis it can by only by £1 - £2 but i know it can add up if you are using them everyday. When i mentioned about the taxis in Cebu you are saving about £1.25 - £1.50 by going past the main taxis outside the main door.:Erm:

mike
4th September 2006, 17:25
Thanks guys for all your advise

janice
5th September 2006, 09:45
Hey, mike. You really don't have to worry about taxis, if you have your gf with you, if she's going to meet you at the airport, trust her and she will take care of that thing since she and the driver would understand each other. But if you travel alone from the airport to your gf's place, that's different, drivers might ask you higher amounts. You should ask your gf to meet you at the airport or your gf along with some family member with her,that would be safe. I guarantee it.

scotsfiancee
5th September 2006, 10:53
You should ask your gf to meet you at the airport or your gf along with some family member with her,that would be safe.
This line makes me laugh....:icon_lol: Imagine how it feels like all her family members will come to pick u up in the airport and they will bring a banner "WELCOME MIKE":Rasp: that's a great idea noh?:Erm:

misscarie
5th September 2006, 12:02
This line makes me laugh....:icon_lol: Imagine how it feels like all her family members will come to pick u up in the airport and they will bring a banner "WELCOME MIKE":Rasp: that's a great idea noh?:Erm:

you can let your friends then to go NAIA to be a supporters like a fans club:Erm: and showing lots of posters:D ...

oopsss carie behave:cwm24:

misscarie
5th September 2006, 12:15
Hey, mike. You really don't have to worry about taxis, if you have your gf with you, if she's going to meet you at the airport, trust her and she will take care of that thing since she and the driver would understand each other. But if you travel alone from the airport to your gf's place, that's different, drivers might ask you higher amounts. You should ask your gf to meet you at the airport or your gf along with some family member with her,that would be safe. I guarantee it.

:cwm24:

just be carefull when riding taxi's or FX specially in manila...not only the higher payment but look also for the meter...be wise:xxgrinning--00xx3:

misscarie
5th September 2006, 12:18
Thanks guys for all your advise

hey mike just look also for the meter of taxi...goodluck:Hellooo:

scotsfiancee
5th September 2006, 12:47
:cwm24:

just be carefull when riding taxi's or FX specially in manila...not only the higher payment but look also for the meter...be wise:xxgrinning--00xx3:
He's going to CEBU:Hellooo:

misscarie
5th September 2006, 13:24

ahhh so CEBU not in manila:doh hahaha im lost here ha:cwm3: are you online scot...im not yet log in ym.just thinking some things and listening to a music:)

KeithD
5th September 2006, 15:53

Same place....smells.....brown......full of cars......bit like Manchester :)

scotsfiancee
5th September 2006, 16:00
Hmmm what bout your place Keith?

KeithD
5th September 2006, 16:07
Live in the country.....just the smell of cow poo :)

mike
5th September 2006, 17:24
Thank you everyone, you are all very helpfull.

janice
5th September 2006, 18:36
OH, well, you can have your gf and 1 or 2 other members of the family. What's wrong with that guys? Hey, of course, you have to ride a taxi with meters!!???? Heller! And they can't control the meter, you know. Just trust your gf with that, Mike. She knows better than anyone from here. Hahaha. Well, I've graduated high school in Cebu. It's not as bad as Manila. Always be careful, watch out!

mike
5th September 2006, 18:49
thanks Janice, I will be careful, my g/f knows what she is doing, so everything will be cool

janice
5th September 2006, 18:56
thanks Janice, I will be careful, my g/f knows what she is doing, so everything will be cool

You're welcome, Mike. Enjoy your stay in Cebu. The place is cool. You can see a lot of other foreigners there especially in the Mall. Have fun! :BouncyHappy:

KeithD
5th September 2006, 19:40
Save on the taxi's...buy a horse! :kngt:

mike
5th September 2006, 19:41
How much are horses out there win lol

janice
5th September 2006, 19:57
Hey, nice picture mike..lol

mike
5th September 2006, 20:01
thanks Janice

russ01539
5th September 2006, 20:10
Well Mike if you get bored of Cebu and wanna surprise your missus you coald always book a 2 day return to Singapore for 70 quid each, so long as your gf has a passport - no visa needed.

But beware if do - the family might take offense if you can take them too.

Glad to see your more relaxed about your trip now.

mike
5th September 2006, 20:12
that's a cool idea Russ, something to think about

baboyako
5th September 2006, 20:18
the (extended) family will want to tag along everywhere...

thats why a jeepney is such a :Hellooo::BouncyHappy: great idea :BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

I :cwm38: jeepneys :Rasp:

mike
5th September 2006, 20:21
well i know it will only be my g/f that will meet me at the airport and once i take a shower etc, we will go on to meet her family

KeithD
5th September 2006, 20:24
...... once i take a shower etc, we will go on to meet her family
Just remember to put your clothes back on or they'll think English men are naked outside of bed as well :yikes:

mike
5th September 2006, 20:28
lol

:icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 02:45
How much are horses out there win lol
If you're thinking to get one, better ride Calesa (Horse Drawn carriage) http://www.2gn.net/images/vKS06911.jpg it costs you 3 pesos only...maybe in manila its Php 5?:Rasp:

KeithD
6th September 2006, 09:04
Blimey, it looks like Blackpool :)

misscarie
6th September 2006, 10:22
OH, well, you can have your gf and 1 or 2 other members of the family. What's wrong with that guys? Hey, of course, you have to ride a taxi with meters!!???? Heller! And they can't control the meter, you know. Just trust your gf with that, Mike. She knows better than anyone from here. Hahaha. Well, I've graduated high school in Cebu. It's not as bad as Manila. Always be careful, watch out!

HOLA :Hellooo: wat im trying to say is......... be carefull to the abussing taxi driver..anyways,,,you're not watching tv noh :D .... :doh watch out for the naughty taxi driver everywhere :Rasp: ...laughing is the best medicine :icon_lol:

walesrob
6th September 2006, 10:43
Next time we get hassle with Manila taxi-drivers, I will start talking Welsh to them, that'll really confuse them. If not, I may start using some select words in Maltese. That will for sure create a comedy situation :icon_lol:

It worked for me once when I was in Liverpool, some Big Issue guy was hassling me, I just started gibbering in Welsh, then he left me alone. Alright la.:Rasp:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 11:09
Nah i don't think so they will leave you Rob. You know drivers, when it comes to foriegner they will really asks you!!! there's no other way than to SHOUT at them or if they won't stop, shoot them :NEW4: :cwm23:

KeithD
6th September 2006, 11:38
.... shoot them :NEW4: :cwm23:

Sounds more like Manchester every day :BouncyHappy:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 11:40
Sounds more like Manchester every day :BouncyHappy:
I'll better ask carie as she will be living in manchester by 2008 :Erm:

misscarie
6th September 2006, 12:02
I'll better ask carie as she will be living in manchester by 2008 :Erm:

mmmm maybe by 2007 scot :Erm: :) i'll let you know when i am there na :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jeida
6th September 2006, 12:34
HOLA :Hellooo: wat im trying to say is......... be carefull to the abussing taxi driver..anyways,,,you're not watching tv noh :D .... :doh watch out for the naughty taxi driver everywhere :Rasp: ...laughing is the best medicine :icon_lol:

laughing is the best medicine...eh:Erm: i think its not related :D

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 12:44
laughing is the best medicine...eh:Erm: i think its not related :D
she just trying to laugh this time :doh

Jay&Zobel
6th September 2006, 21:34
If you're thinking to get one, better ride Calesa (Horse Drawn carriage) http://www.2gn.net/images/vKS06911.jpg it costs you 3 pesos only...maybe in manila its Php 5?:Rasp:

AHH I DEFINITELY disAGREE!! hehe it costs P200.00 one round trip inside the intramuros, manila (thats 15mins) hehe esp when you have a foreigner companion!! :icon_lol:

scotsfiancee
6th September 2006, 23:32
AHH I DEFINITELY disAGREE!! hehe it costs P200.00 one round trip inside the intramuros, manila (thats 15mins) hehe esp when you have a foreigner companion!! :icon_lol:
Jay its cheap here..... i don't have any idea from Manila as i did not ride calesa when i was there:rolleyes: that's y i put 5? Hahahah

Jay&Zobel
7th September 2006, 21:32
It wasnt Jay talking hehehe Its me zobel lol

mike
23rd September 2006, 17:22
A little over 6 weeks til i fly to Cebu yippppppppiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

:icon_lol:

KeithD
23rd September 2006, 17:31
Here's how to pass the time.....
1) Go to Tesco get £500 worth of alcohol
2) Start drinking and don't stop till it's all gone.....
BANG!!!! 6 weeks have vanished :D

mike
25th September 2006, 18:09
is it better to get a certificate of no impediment from UK or from British Embassy in Manila?

mike
25th September 2006, 18:15
And if i get one in the UK how do i go about it. I will be in the Philippines for 15 days

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 18:33
is it better to get a certificate of no impediment from UK or from British Embassy in Manila?

You need to get the CNI here in the UK but remember it takes 3 weeks before you get it...

You get it at the same place you get Birth Cert at your local Gov office..

mike
25th September 2006, 18:42
thanks Eljohno

mike
25th September 2006, 18:46
How much does this cost? and do i have to go there in person, do they require anything from me like birth certificate etc

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 18:55
How much does this cost? and do i have to go there in person, do they require anything from me like birth certificate etc

I live in N.Ireland so it might be a little different in price but its normally somewhere between £15 - £30

The best thing to do is go and type CNI into the search engine on this forum as there is loads of info on here that will help you...

mike
25th September 2006, 19:03
Sorry to be a pain my fiancee said it is called Certificate of Impediment is that the same thing

baboyako
25th September 2006, 19:09
its the same thing.

but it will take 26days (?) i think. It costs 35quid here. and then you change it for a local CNI costs 4000pesos (takes just 20minutes in manila).

mike
25th September 2006, 19:12
My fiancee has told me if we get Certificate of Impediment in Manilla via UK embassy we can then go back to Cebu and give the laywer all the requirements and once he recieves this a date can be scheduled for our marriage ie. one or two days after he gets it. I hope she has got all this right as i would hate any bad surprises.

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 19:13
Sorry to be a pain my fiancee said it is called Certificate of Impediment is that the same thing

Its no problem mike, its called C.N.I. Certificate of No Impediment.

When are you planning to get married?

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 19:14
My fiancee has told me if we get Certificate of Impediment in Manilla via UK embassy we can then go back to Cebu and give the laywer all the requirements and once he recieves this a date can be scheduled for our marriage ie. one or two days after he gets it. I hope she has got all this right as i would hate any bad surprises.

Is your wife closer to Manila or Cebu?

You can get it sorted at both places..

mike
25th September 2006, 19:28
Cebu, but her uncle who is a judge there sais go to Manila to get certificate it will be much faster the same day to recieve it

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 19:40
Cebu, but her uncle who is a judge there sais go to Manila to get certificate it will be much faster the same day to recieve it

Mike there is no need to go to Manila. You go to the British Consulate in Cebu and you will get it back the same day..

mike
25th September 2006, 19:41
then we return to cebu next day, give all requirements to lawyer and within a day or two we marry. I will be out there for 15 days. I am going November 9th

baboyako
25th September 2006, 19:42
yes,yes,yes... but there are TWO. so you need to get the one at your registry office in the UK which you then exchange for the local (filipino) version.

ask your lady about, pre-marital seminars, barangay taxes, and planting trees.. :Erm::cwm24:

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 19:48
Mike its certainly a good time for you to be looking through this forum so make sure you double check everything before you go any further..

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 19:51
Mike if you leaving on 9th Nov you really need to get your cni sorted asap as i said it takes at least 21-22 days to wait on it.

mike
25th September 2006, 19:59
let me understand this, are you guys saying i NEED aCNi from UK first to exchange for filipino local one, and if i go to philippines without getting UK CNI, there will be no marriage?

baboyako
25th September 2006, 20:12
erm, yes.

see http://british-filipino.com/How%20to%20Marry.html

dont think I'm kidding about the trees. Ask your lady to go to her barangay office & clarify the local requirements.

Eljohno
25th September 2006, 21:06
let me understand this, are you guys saying i NEED aCNi from UK first to exchange for filipino local one, and if i go to philippines without getting UK CNI, there will be no marriage?

Yes Mike you need to get it sorted very soon with the fact that you are leaving on the 9th November or you will not get married as there is no way that it will be allowed. You still have time to get it sorted

mike
25th September 2006, 21:16
thanks guys, i think her uncle who is a judge has given her wrong advise as he never mentioned about needing UK CNI, at leasi i now know what to do

robeth
26th September 2006, 00:56
then we return to cebu next day, give all requirements to lawyer and within a day or two we marry. I will be out there for 15 days. I am going November 9th

our local registrar here requires 10 days of posting after application before they can issue a permit to get married so make sure u have that sorted out aside from a day of pop com seminar.ur 15 days may not be enough to cover all...

scotsfiancee
26th September 2006, 01:50
Mike there is no need to go to Manila. You go to the British Consulate in Cebu and you will get it back the same day..

Marriage in the Philippines (http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1038489367803)

British Consulate Cebu

Mrs. Moya Jackson
Villa Terrace, Greenhills Road
Casuntingan, Mandaue
Cebu City
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 12nn (Monday-Friday – by appointment only)
E-mail: honcon001@pldtdsl.net

IainBusby
26th September 2006, 08:31
Yes Mike you need to get it sorted very soon with the fact that you are leaving on the 9th November or you will not get married as there is no way that it will be allowed. You still have time to get it sorted

Hi Mike,
John's right and you really should phone your local registry office today because you have to book an appointment. I think it takes 22 days if I remember right and I think it costs £30.00. You can then take the C.O.N.I. to either the British Embassy in Manila or the British Consul office in Cebu and it will cost P4,100 for the local version which will allow you to marry in the Philippines.

If you wait and apply for the certificate in the Philippines, I think it takes 28 days. Once you have the local C.O.N.I. , you will then have to apply for a marriage licence which will take 10 days and you may also have to plant a tree somewhere in your lady's barangay and also attend a pre-marital seminar with your lady.
Iain.

mike
26th September 2006, 17:39
Thanks everyone, all really good advice

KeithD
26th September 2006, 18:04
Best thing to do is write EVERYTHING down from here & Pete's site in an easy to follow list. If anything contradicts, either supply/do both, or ask here.

mike
26th September 2006, 20:09
Thanks Win

KeithD
26th September 2006, 20:34
Thanks Win
Yes I did thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3: :Erm: :icon_lol:
I'll get me coat :D

mike
26th September 2006, 20:47
I will go to my local government office 4th October to apply for my CNI. I will be in the Philippines from the 9th November- I leave on 23rd November is that a long enough period?

baboyako
26th September 2006, 20:55
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::Rasp:

mike
26th September 2006, 21:06
I guess you are saying that is long enough Baboy, I hope

:)

IainBusby
27th September 2006, 08:09
I will go to my local government office 4th October to apply for my CNI.

Have you made an appointment for 4th of October, I had to wait nearly a month for an appointment. Also make sure you have all the required information with you, like your lady's full postal address, her fathers full name, her D.O.B. of course and the full postal address of the place you intend to marry. the last one doesn't really matter much, because when you get the local C.O.N.I. and finally the Philippines marriage licence, you can marry wherever you want.
Iain.

mike
27th September 2006, 18:34
and is that all the info i need to provide my end, do i also need her mothers full name too. So as i understand I need My fiancees full name and address, her father's full name, name of place we will marry, is that all i need from her side when i go to my local government office in UK. Thanks Iain, yes my appointment is for the 4th October

mike
27th September 2006, 18:37
So when do we apply for the marriage licence, is it after we exchange mu UK CNI for the locxal filipino one?

baboyako
27th September 2006, 18:45
yup, that when it gets complicated with barangay taxes, seminars, letters of consent, and tree planting.. :NoNo::doh:Help1:

mike
27th September 2006, 19:01
ok so i get to the Philippines with my UK CNI, do i then take that to British Embassy in Philippines and get the legal capacity for marriage certificate also from them, I am confused?

KeithD
27th September 2006, 19:11
Mike......try and finish.....

KeithD
27th September 2006, 19:11
...the post before publishing it :icon_lol:

mike
14th October 2006, 13:18
Hi,
I will get my CNI in UK on the 26th of November. When i am in Philippines who do i present to in order to exchange it for local version and how long is the waiting period to get a marriage lisense

Thanks

mike
14th October 2006, 13:19
i mean i pick up local CNI 26th October

mike
7th November 2006, 12:11
Tomorrow i fly to Cebu and I will meet my fiancee.

:D

KeithD
7th November 2006, 12:57
Remember the presents on your return.....we love live beetle grubs :Rasp:

Enjoy yourself.....but then....you don't need us to tell you that :Sex: :D

Chrisirene
7th November 2006, 14:10

:butthead: :woohoo: :40__s: :thorsten_rammler: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
7th November 2006, 14:18

Not at the very first time :NoNo:

Chrisirene
7th November 2006, 14:27
Not at first time :NoNo:

I Dont think so if he cant :censored:_________....... :D :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:action-smiley-081: :icon_lol: :Brick: :Blacklistthatsucks: :laugher: :xxsmilie_auslachen: :xxsmilie_fussball: :23_116_6[1]: :appl: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :D

mike
7th November 2006, 14:37
Thanks guys,
one question, where it says bring a second form of identity clearly showing your name and address, ie for getting married, is it ok for me to take my council tax statements?

KeithD
7th November 2006, 15:48
I'd say a DVLA form was better if you have one.

mike
7th November 2006, 15:55
no do not have DVLA, so i will take my medical card and council tax statements

KeithD
7th November 2006, 17:11
Take extra....lecly, phone, mobile, gas, bills, etc, best to overkill than to discover you are short of something :) .................like legs:Erm:

mike
7th November 2006, 17:26
Thanks Win

mike
26th November 2006, 07:17
Hi guys, i'm back from Cebu and i am now married

misscarie
26th November 2006, 07:52

hello mikie welcome and congratulations to both of you...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mike
26th November 2006, 08:02
thanks misscarie

tiger@tigress
26th November 2006, 08:38
:butthead: :woohoo: :40__s: :thorsten_rammler: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hehhehe Chrisirene...:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tish
26th November 2006, 09:34

Congratulations Mike:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

tiger@tigress
26th November 2006, 09:52

cONGRATZ MIKE!:Hellooo: :huepfen024: :REDancedancer08: :sport-smiley-003: :Jump: :Beer: :wiggle: :woohoo:

KeithD
26th November 2006, 10:33
Ya dirty devil.....any pics of the wedding night as....erm....proof :rolleyes:

Louella
26th November 2006, 15:50

Hello Mike,

Mabuhay! Congratulations & best wishes to both of you! I'm sure you're excited to bring your wife here. Goodluck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Louella & Iain

scotsfiancee
26th November 2006, 15:51

Congrats Mike :)

mike
26th November 2006, 15:54
Thank you all very much

gingxrick
26th November 2006, 16:58
congrats to you both Mike, hope you had a great time in the Phils.
By the way Mike how did you like Cebu, the wife and I have many
friends in Cebu..

mike
26th November 2006, 17:08
Hi Ging and thanks, I really loved it in Cebu, the people are so polite. It is the rainy season, but it only rained once and very hot throughout. I stayed at the midtown and Holiday Plaza hotels.

mike
26th November 2006, 17:12
The plane journey was a killer, I thought it would never end.

scotsfiancee
26th November 2006, 17:28
Hi Ging and thanks, I really loved it in Cebu, the people are so polite. It is the rainy season, but it only rained once and very hot throughout. I stayed at the midtown and Holiday Plaza hotels.

Its beside Robinsons........... Cebu is really a nice place to spend for vacation:)
And a place to live

mike
26th November 2006, 17:33
Yes beside Robinsons, there is a Japanese place in Robinsons where we ate several times

scotsfiancee
26th November 2006, 17:35
So did you stay in some beach resorts there for a honeymoon?:Erm:

mike
26th November 2006, 17:40
No we stayed at those two hotels. To be honest I never got to see the beach. We got married the day before I had to leave