PDA

View Full Version : Computer Geek

amyburple
12th November 2008, 10:56
Since this week I experienced some problem on my laptop... When I'm surfing to internet, theres a small box will pop-up saying that there an error bla bla on WIN23... I cant memorize the exact wordings... So there are some option buttons to click and I usually click don't send like that... After clicking that thingy my computer will slow down and it hang/freeze and thn the time tht i have to shut down it.. it will not go through.. It will not shut down. So what I did is I will long press the power on and off button.... Whats wrong it.. I'm scared maybe there's a problem on the software or what awwww :cwm34::cwm34::NoNo::NoNo:....

Any help please....

KeithD
12th November 2008, 11:12
What OS?
Which version of Explorer?

amyburple
12th November 2008, 11:22
What OS?
Which version of Explorer?

I'm using FIREFOX - MOZZILA boss..... But I have also IE but I'm not using tht much...!

KeithD
12th November 2008, 11:28
Just download the latest version, and then reinstall/upgrade to start with.

vbkelly
12th November 2008, 11:34
Since this week I experienced some problem on my laptop... When I'm surfing to internet, theres a small box will pop-up saying that there an error bla bla on WIN23... I cant memorize the exact wordings... So there are some option buttons to click and I usually click don't send like that... After clicking that thingy my computer will slow down and it hang/freeze and thn the time tht i have to shut down it.. it will not go through.. It will not shut down. So what I did is I will long press the power on and off button.... Whats wrong it.. I'm scared maybe there's a problem on the software or what awwww :cwm34::cwm34::NoNo::NoNo:....

Any help please....

same problem in my pc aswell

amyburple
12th November 2008, 11:42
Just download the latest version, and then reinstall/upgrade to start with.

Oh OK boss thank you for sharing your talent... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: I will do it at home tonight! :):):)

KeithD
12th November 2008, 12:53
same problem in my pc aswell
It's obviously a womans error! :D

amyburple
12th November 2008, 17:30
I downloaded latest version BOSS so far it's working good :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th November 2008, 17:32
I downloaded latest version BOSS so far it's working good :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Of course it is :D

amyburple
13th November 2008, 03:54
BOSS huhuhuh I experience the same thing this morning... When I opened the YOUTUBE website.... it appears again...hayyyyyyyyy :doh:doh:doh

This is the message tht appears... check the attached file, Thanks

baboyako
13th November 2008, 05:03
its automatic updates knackering your pc while your sleeping :furious3:

try this one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

amyburple
13th November 2008, 08:02
its automatic updates knackering your pc while your sleeping :furious3:

try this one

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A87B44B9-7A6A-49B6-BD89-AFAD4E049C48&displaylang=en&displaylang=en

I dint get it? please explain further?
I talked to my HR manager here in the office ealier and he said it's already VIRUS, there's already worm on it? Do you think it's true... and he is suggesting tht I will re-install new software... He said I can buy installer of XP or I will just use lenux because it's free...

I will this link tht you gave me tonight when i get home.... Thanks

aromulus
13th November 2008, 08:11
There is no worm or virus there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
13th November 2008, 08:23
There is no worm or virus there.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

sure?? So whts the problem of my laptop then :Erm::Erm::Erm:

aromulus
13th November 2008, 08:33
sure?? So whts the problem of my laptop then :Erm::Erm::Erm:

I don't think that there is a problem there.

I get the same from time to time on my home pc, especially when the connection takes to long, and after that the pc slows down. I exit the program, and the same windows appear.

I must admit that since I increased the DDR to 1 gig, it hasn't happened.

amyburple
13th November 2008, 09:04
I don't think that there is a problem there.

I get the same from time to time on my home pc, especially when the connection takes to long, and after that the pc slows down. I exit the program, and the same windows appear.

I must admit that since I increased the DDR to 1 gig, it hasn't happened.

ohhh really MOD wow it gives me hope there.. honestly I feel bit down after my HR MANAGER told me about that hayyyyyyy so there's no problem with it... OK thanks for that. I will just try to download updates of the XP thing tonight :):):)

aromulus
13th November 2008, 09:14
ohhh really MOD wow it gives me hope there.. honestly I feel bit down after my HR MANAGER told me about that hayyyyyyy so there's no problem with it... OK thanks for that. I will just try to download updates of the XP thing tonight :):):)

Just to be on the safe side, make sure that your XP is legit first, and not a bootleg copy.....:rolleyes:

Also I think it may help a lot, if you delete all the applications/programmes that you don't use too often, or not at all, but are cluttering your memory.

Defragging the hard drive will get your files in order too.

Fling
13th November 2008, 09:15
I can't seem to see the attached file because my account here is limited. Can you upload it to imageshack.us so I can see the exact error message?

amyburple
13th November 2008, 09:37
I can't seem to see the attached file because my account here is limited. Can you upload it to imageshack.us so I can see the exact error message?

You can click the attached file so that you can read it... It will automatically open new window for the file.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
13th November 2008, 09:43
If the error does not appear in IE when you access Youtube then it is a Firefox problem...the error just means it encounters a problem with the transfer of data (in very simple terms for a woman to understand :D).

Have you tried IE8 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
13th November 2008, 09:50
If the error does not appear in IE when you access Youtube then it is a Firefox problem...the error just means it encounters a problem with the transfer of data (in very simple terms for a woman to understand :D).

Ohhhh hehehe thanks for tht explanation BOSS....:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: what is IE8 I'm sorry I don't know what is this??? :doh

KeithD
13th November 2008, 09:51
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/default.aspx

amyburple
13th November 2008, 10:25
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/default.aspx

THANKS BOSS.. I will try this one tonight :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
14th November 2008, 09:19

I download it BOSS and I do with some updates too... So I guess it's doing good so far! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

andypaul
14th November 2008, 20:02
Just to be on the safe side, make sure that your XP is legit first, and not a bootleg copy.....:rolleyes:

Also I think it may help a lot, if you delete all the applications/programmes that you don't use too often, or not at all, but are cluttering your memory.

Defragging the hard drive will get your files in order too.

Dom turns pc tech:D

Wanna job?

The gentlemen have already guided you in the right direction.

But to make sure all is well worth running a few av(anti virus) and as (anti spyware) programs.

one new one that i see often and costs nothing my favourite price.

Is malware bytes antimalware along with avast, spy doctor, spybot and few others.

best place to look i always for me is

major geeks and cnet and go to their download sections.

KeithD
14th November 2008, 21:33
Have you tried Vaseline?

Oh :furious3:....wrong forum!!! :doh

andypaul
14th November 2008, 22:17
Have you tried Vaseline?

Oh :furious3:....wrong forum!!! :doh

So thats where the mods go off to:D

KeithD
14th November 2008, 22:52
So thats where the mods go off to:D