PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

J.P
26th August 2006, 22:23
HI-HOPE SOMEBODY OUT THERE CAN HELP WITH THIS ONE....ITS COMPLICATED:doh. I MET MY FIANCEE/WIFE TO BE HERE IN U.K LAST DEC, SHE WAS HERE ON TOURIST VISA VISITING HER MUM+DAD WHO BOTH LIVE+WORK HERE....OK OK I'LL CUT THE "LOVE STORY" BIT OUT AND TRY TO CUT TO THE POINT, MYSELF AND TESS ARE GETTING MARRIED IN PHILS THIS COMING NOV (I FLY TO PHIL END OCT) THE WEDDING IS ALL BOOKED AND PAID FOR AS WELL AS HONEYMOON IN CEBU-BOROCAY, WE ARE ALREADY WELL RESEARCHED REGARDING THE PROCESS TO APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA THANKS TO THIS SITE AND UKVACS ECT, WE HAVE/WILL HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK+DOCUMENTRY PROOF NEEDED....SO FAR SO GOOD....BUT....SAD TO SAY THAT I LOST MY JOB JUST 2 WEEKS AGO, NOW WHILST THIS DOES NOT IN ANYWAY AFFECT OUR WEDDING PLANS (ALL BOOKED+PAID) IT OBVIOUSLY DOES AFFECT OUR ABILITY TO APPLY FOR THE VISA AT THIS TIME, I STILL LUCKILY HAVE A PT JOB AT THIS TIME THAT EARNS ME APROX £560 PER MONTH BUT THATS OBVIOUSLY NOT GREAT, WHAT MAYBE TO OUR ADVANTAGE IS THAT THE "IN-LAWS" ALREADY LIVE HERE AND CAN OFFER SUPPORT AND WE ALREADY PLAN TO LIVE WITH MY MUM+DAD-LUCKILY RENT FREE WITHOUT EVEN NEEDING TO PAY TOWARDS OUR LIVING COSTS EG: FOOD+BILLS, SO MY QUESTION IS=IS THIS ENOUGH? IS IT STILL WORTH MAKING SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION AT THIS TIME?. SHOULD POINT OUT THAT TESS HAS APROX £2000 IN SAVINGS ALREADY AND A GOOD JOB THERE IN PHILS (CAN HOPEFULLY DEMONSTRATE 1 OR 2 JOB OFFERS FROM HERE) AND I HAVE AROUND £1500 IN SAVINGS. SO ALTHOUGH MY SALARY AS OF NOW IS LOW (560PM) WE HAVE NOTHING TO PAY IN TERMS OF RENT, FOOD, BILLS. ITS UNLIKELY I WILL FIND SUITABLE FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT IN THE 8 OR SO WEEKS BEFORE I LEAVE DUE TO THE FACT I WOULD THEN NEED 1 MONTH OFF TO GO TO PHILS!!, EVEN IF I PICKED UP AGENCY/TEMPING WORK FOR NOW WOULD THIS BE AN ADVANTAGE TO OUR CASE AS OBVIOUSLY WOULD DEMONSTRATE FURTHER EARNINGS/INCOME?. LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST WHAT EXACTLY CONSTITUTES "GOOD BANK STATEMENTS" ? IS MERELY NOT BEING OVERDRAWN SUFFICENT EVEN IF THE BALANCE NONE TO BIG?. AS I ONLY JUST LOST MY JOB I WOULD ONLY BE "MISSING" 1 WAGE SLIP FROM SEPT (WOULDNT HAVE RECIEVED OCTOBER'S WAGE SLIP UNTILL AFTER I LEFT) SO COULD I STILL LIST MY "OLD" FULLTIME JOB AS WELL AS MY CURRENT PT JOB? OR IS THIS TO RISKY? HOW MUCH DO THEY LOOK INTO YOUR EMPLOYMENT SITUATION? IS IT MERELY LOOKING AT YOUR P45/P60 AND WAGE SLIPS+BANK STATEMENTS OR WOULD THEY GO AS FAR AS TO CONTACT EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY EMPLOYMENT?, REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN GUIDE+ADVISE ON THIS AS ALTHOUGH IM ABSOLUTLY DESPERATE FOR TESS TO JOIN ME AFTER OUR WEDDING A.S.A.P WE OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT TO "COCK-UP" HER APPLICATION, THANKS
A DESPERATE J.P

ppron747
26th August 2006, 22:42
I'm not an expert, but my own inclination would be to go straight out and get any temp job you can, to demonstrate that you're prepared to do that, if necessary, and to make sure that your bank account is kept topped-up. A "good" bank statement is simply one that shows you're living within your means, I think.
And don't be tempted to try and mislead the ECO about your previous job - it could go horribly wrong.

Oh -and if you could avoid posting in block capitals, it would be appreciated! :)

walesrob
26th August 2006, 22:55
HI-HOPE SOMEBODY OUT THERE CAN HELP WITH THIS ONE....ITS COMPLICATED:doh. I MET MY FIANCEE/WIFE TO BE HERE IN U.K LAST DEC, SHE WAS HERE ON TOURIST VISA VISITING HER MUM+DAD WHO BOTH LIVE+WORK HERE....OK OK I'LL CUT THE "LOVE STORY" BIT OUT AND TRY TO CUT TO THE POINT, MYSELF AND TESS ARE GETTING MARRIED IN PHILS THIS COMING NOV (I FLY TO PHIL END OCT) THE WEDDING IS ALL BOOKED AND PAID FOR AS WELL AS HONEYMOON IN CEBU-BOROCAY, WE ARE ALREADY WELL RESEARCHED REGARDING THE PROCESS TO APPLY FOR SPOUSE VISA THANKS TO THIS SITE AND UKVACS ECT, WE HAVE/WILL HAVE ALL THE PAPERWORK+DOCUMENTRY PROOF NEEDED....SO FAR SO GOOD....BUT....SAD TO SAY THAT I LOST MY JOB JUST 2 WEEKS AGO, NOW WHILST THIS DOES NOT IN ANYWAY AFFECT OUR WEDDING PLANS (ALL BOOKED+PAID) IT OBVIOUSLY DOES AFFECT OUR ABILITY TO APPLY FOR THE VISA AT THIS TIME, I STILL LUCKILY HAVE A PT JOB AT THIS TIME THAT EARNS ME APROX £560 PER MONTH BUT THATS OBVIOUSLY NOT GREAT, WHAT MAYBE TO OUR ADVANTAGE IS THAT THE "IN-LAWS" ALREADY LIVE HERE AND CAN OFFER SUPPORT AND WE ALREADY PLAN TO LIVE WITH MY MUM+DAD-LUCKILY RENT FREE WITHOUT EVEN NEEDING TO PAY TOWARDS OUR LIVING COSTS EG: FOOD+BILLS, SO MY QUESTION IS=IS THIS ENOUGH? IS IT STILL WORTH MAKING SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION AT THIS TIME?. SHOULD POINT OUT THAT TESS HAS APROX £2000 IN SAVINGS ALREADY AND A GOOD JOB THERE IN PHILS (CAN HOPEFULLY DEMONSTRATE 1 OR 2 JOB OFFERS FROM HERE) AND I HAVE AROUND £1500 IN SAVINGS. SO ALTHOUGH MY SALARY AS OF NOW IS LOW (560PM) WE HAVE NOTHING TO PAY IN TERMS OF RENT, FOOD, BILLS. ITS UNLIKELY I WILL FIND SUITABLE FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT IN THE 8 OR SO WEEKS BEFORE I LEAVE DUE TO THE FACT I WOULD THEN NEED 1 MONTH OFF TO GO TO PHILS!!, EVEN IF I PICKED UP AGENCY/TEMPING WORK FOR NOW WOULD THIS BE AN ADVANTAGE TO OUR CASE AS OBVIOUSLY WOULD DEMONSTRATE FURTHER EARNINGS/INCOME?. LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST WHAT EXACTLY CONSTITUTES "GOOD BANK STATEMENTS" ? IS MERELY NOT BEING OVERDRAWN SUFFICENT EVEN IF THE BALANCE NONE TO BIG?. AS I ONLY JUST LOST MY JOB I WOULD ONLY BE "MISSING" 1 WAGE SLIP FROM SEPT (WOULDNT HAVE RECIEVED OCTOBER'S WAGE SLIP UNTILL AFTER I LEFT) SO COULD I STILL LIST MY "OLD" FULLTIME JOB AS WELL AS MY CURRENT PT JOB? OR IS THIS TO RISKY? HOW MUCH DO THEY LOOK INTO YOUR EMPLOYMENT SITUATION? IS IT MERELY LOOKING AT YOUR P45/P60 AND WAGE SLIPS+BANK STATEMENTS OR WOULD THEY GO AS FAR AS TO CONTACT EMPLOYERS TO VERIFY EMPLOYMENT?, REALLY HOPE SOMEONE CAN GUIDE+ADVISE ON THIS AS ALTHOUGH IM ABSOLUTLY DESPERATE FOR TESS TO JOIN ME AFTER OUR WEDDING A.S.A.P WE OBVIOUSLY DONT WANT TO "COCK-UP" HER APPLICATION, THANKS
A DESPERATE J.P

JP, welcome to FilipinoUK. Please don't use CAPS as this constitutes shouting on forum.

Let me tell you about our situation - when Elsa applied for the Visa she stated we would be living at my parents house rent free until we could get our own place, my mother confirmed this in writing. The Embassy didn't have a problem with that. Nor did they have a problem with the fact that I had NIL savings, but a fairly good wage and had no overdrafts (at that point). I don't know if it helped sway the decision our way when we confirmed a job offer for Elsa on her arrival in the UK.

Also, if you get married in Philippines, this looks good on any visa application. Some members of the forum will disagree, but I think if you went through with a wedding in the Philippines, it shows you are both serious.

Whatever you do, you must be honest and tell the ECO everything on the application. In your favour, your girl has visited the UK and returned to the Philippines on a Tourist Visa, and this demonstrates she abides by the rules, and will not try to break any Visa conditions....hope that makes sense!

Pete? What do you think?

ginapeterb
26th August 2006, 23:05
Jp

thanks Rob, here is what I think !

Thats bad luck about your job finishing, however, all is not lost, you are in fact working, you need to demonstrate that you can support your wife/fiancee without recourse to public funds.

Suggest you not overdraw on your bank account, keep it in the red, then I suggest you prepare a budget statement of your income and expenses, also show in your budget statement, that you are living with your parents, and that you have no housing costs, then I suggest you obtain a letter from your parents addresed to the Entry Clearance officer stating that they consent to your WAG being accomodated in their house, and that a room is available for you both to share.

Your budget statement, showing your income and expenses, provided it means you are not living beyond your means, will be enough to convince the ECO that you can take care of your WAG.

In your budget statement show any savings you have, however you cannot count the applicants savings, those would only be relevant for a tourist visa, suggest in the meantime you use your current payslips, from your previous job, you could say, at the present time, that you are on leave from your employment, if as you say, you need a month off to get married, you might consider that you are dressing up your situation to look better than it is...its not rocket science, so do your best at that.

It sounds to me as if you are living with parents, and have no housing costs, you are pretty lucky, most are not that lucky, you are saving a fortune bynot having any.

You cannot rely on future job offers for your WAG as they cannot be taken into consideration, good bank statements are ones which do not show the sponsor being overdrawn.

The British Embassy does not investigate your employment in UK, they do not have the facility anymore to do this, they are totally reliant on the documentary evidence you supply, however, I would supply them with your last 6 months pay statements, and or salary credits, and last 6 months bank statements, this along with your budget statement of income and expenditure, will go along way to proving that you can support your WAG.

On top of that, a nice covering letter from yourself, giving a complete overview of your relationship, how you met, what your plans are for the future i.e. live together as man and wife, and your ability to support your WAG, will help.

Don't be desperate, if you need further reading, UKVACS is useless, go to my website at

Http://www.british-filipino.com/application for settlement.html

that should help you.

Best wishes

ppron747
26th August 2006, 23:47
...Suggest you not overdraw on your bank account, keep it in the red...
Did you mean "black"?

J.P
31st August 2006, 19:03
thanks for the replies/advice guys-much appreciated, in fact glad to say that my situation has changed again...only this time for the better in that i now have 2 FT job offers and so the pressure is now off phew!!, hope now that we should be ok and all is set and in place for us to marry and then apply for the visa-just 1 more quick question though-when applying for the local version of the CNI at the embassy my understanding is that this is issued the sameday? is this so? do i need to go up to 15th floor for this? how long aprox does it take to be issued? and lastly whats the best time to go there for this eg: early AM?, thanks in advance
John
p.s-looking to make a reservation at a seafood/chinese resturant in or close to Manila bay, near the U.S embassy...think its named blue water? can anyone please confirm this?

baboyako
31st August 2006, 19:08
it takes about 10minutes & 4,200pesos.

no need for an appointment.

there are several chinese resturants overlooking manila bay, are you really going to eat seafood out of that bay???