PDA

View Full Version : Sun shines on me

patti1227
6th November 2008, 15:35
After a series of hibernation, I'm glad to be back. I just thought of sharing this with you all beautiful people... Spread the love. :)

Part I

“Sun shines on me”

Indisputably there is something in the relaxed calm of nature that represses our little anxieties and uncertainties. Nature seems to impart a silence and peace to the mind. Soothing experiences that will always make you come back for more.

“Watch your step!”
“Sorry.”
“You shouldn’t do texting while walking and you should know that.”
“I’m truly sorry.”
I looked behind to see what’s happening. An old lady got irked to a middle aged man who inadvertently bumped her while texting. Wait a minute…why do I see trouble on the man’s face? Nah. Perhaps it was due to the accident.
Oh! I'd better hurry! I don’t want to be late for my first gym session. Walking for almost an hour is already a terrific work out. I still have enough time to rest from this walking when I get there before I start the session.
“Excuse me, do you speak good English? You speak English?”
Once again, I looked back and saw the same man asking two ladies.
“Sorry, we’re in a hurry.” I heard one of the ladies said.
“Do you speak English?”
No response.
“Hi! Do you speak English?” “I need help.”
“Excuse me, do you have time? Do you speak good English?”
“You speak English?”
No response still.

I never care to look back again the group of people the man asked. Just what exactly does he have in his mind asking that question? Doesn’t he know that most of Filipinos speak English? Why is he here by the way if he knows that Philippines is not an English speaking country? And this is crazy. Why am I concern about his business by the way? I should not get distracted. I have to focus loving the moment, breathing the fresh air and seeing those lovely flowers. Each moment is vital since it affects the whole.

I am slowly losing the chances of interacting with the beauty and serenity the nature offers me at this minute. Amazing how flowers blossom like that. Wow, I can see a lovely smile coming back to my face now. I'd better take pictures of them. Yes, I still have time for that! Now, let me get that camera.

Click. Click. Click…

“There you go. These are lovely.” I said while looking at the pictures. Good thing my friend asked me if I can bring this camera to her younger sister’s school when she learned I will be going downtown.
There goes the man that walked past me. I wonder if his concern is already settled… Anyway, I should make a print out of these. Surely, Mom would love these photos to bits. Better put this camera back into my bag.
“Miss, excuse me. Hi! Do you have time to spare? Do you speak good English?”
No way is this happening to me. I thought he already walked past through me?
“Miss? Are you okay?”
I can’t believe he is a little teary eyed or was it just a sweat on his eyes? I can tell he is troubled. What’s with him?
“Miss, can you hear me?”
If it wasn’t to his cold hand that touched my arm, I could not have taken back into reality.
“Oh, pardon. What is it you’re asking me?” I said.

There was no response. I saw his right thumb working on his mobile phone.

maria_and_matt
6th November 2008, 15:40
hmmm, the suspense is killing me :)

patti1227
6th November 2008, 15:45
Thanks for reading maria and matt! :) But yikes! It's a total mess...waahhhhh:bigcry: It was supposed to be indented and it was indented. What's wrong? I need help...please:Help1:

patti1227
6th November 2008, 15:58
Pardon for the trouble and sorry to disappoint all the readers. I need to sort out proper placing of lines before I will post the whole story. I'm just wondering why it didn't appeared indented when it was all on it's right position. Wish me luck! :)

Piamed
6th November 2008, 21:42
Pardon for the trouble and sorry to disappoint all the readers. I need to sort out proper placing of lines before I will post the whole story. I'm just wondering why it didn't appeared indented when it was all on it's right position. Wish me luck! :)

Good luck amiga. Interesting reading. Only this morning i was thinking about you and wondering how you are. GBY!

KeithD
7th November 2008, 10:42
You need to click the A/A in the editing box, and use Preview. If you cut'n'paste directly from MS Word it will not understand the code, you will need to paste unformatted.

I've edited it for you.