PDA

View Full Version : Will BoE interest rate go down to 3.5% today?

benb
6th November 2008, 10:56
:yikes::yikes::yikes: :rolleyes:

Piamed
6th November 2008, 11:05
:yikes::yikes::yikes: :rolleyes:

Tres possible mon amie! I have a tracker so i'm alright Jack! :D

benb
6th November 2008, 11:08
Tres possible mon amie! I have a tracker so i'm alright Jack! :D

Cool! me on tracker too! big savings for us, but bad for savers.

Piamed
6th November 2008, 11:13

I wish I had money to save; I'm all tapped out on investments! How's Jassmine? Not long now buddy. You won't have any savings either :) I was looking at all the things we will need to buy yesterday - Prams, cots, car seats, etc. Hala hala! :yikes:

andypaul
6th November 2008, 11:15
I wish I had money to save; I'm all tapped out on investments! How's Jassmine? Not long now buddy. You won't have any savings either :) I was looking at all the things we will need to buy yesterday - Prams, cots, car seats, etc. Hala hala! :yikes:

Dont forget the Dried fish:D

Piamed
6th November 2008, 11:24
Got enough dried fish to keep the neighbours indoors for a few weeks I think :icon_lol:

benb
6th November 2008, 12:52

Yeah mate! i have no savings at the moment. Bought the car cash, so broke now. My investments which i bought in 2006 now on average down by 60%! :doh:doh:bigcry::bigcry:

How are your investments doing?

Got all the baby stuff from Argos - seems reasonably priced.
have you started your shopping?

Cheers,

benb
6th November 2008, 12:54

I'm running low on dried fish. :cwm24: I seem to love them now. Cannot afford another trip to philippines so soon. So need to look for a local shop, maybe in london, to get more dried fish.

Cheers

benb
6th November 2008, 13:11
down to 3%!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Excellent news for those on tracker!!!!!! :Hellooo::Hellooo:

Piamed
6th November 2008, 13:25
Yeah mate! i have no savings at the moment. Bought the car cash, so broke now. My investments which i bought in 2006 now on average down by 60%! :doh:doh:bigcry::bigcry:

How are your investments doing?

Got all the baby stuff from Argos - seems reasonably priced.
have you started your shopping?

Cheers,Smart move, ordering the car before the missus came over! :D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Only investments i have are in property now and I lost approx. £50k in lat year. But i'm optimistic that all will be ok as my interest is long-term! Not started the shopping yet, planning on doing so from end of December when Pia is 6 months plus, and the sales are on. Will order from ebay i imagine. What type of buggy, stroller, car seat did you go for?

down to 3%!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Excellent news for those on tracker!!!!!! :Hellooo::Hellooo:Yehey, yehey!!!!!!:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

jimeve
6th November 2008, 20:52

That depends if the banks/building society's lower their lending rates
B.O.E lowered the rates for banks to borrow from one another.

They might lower the rates maybe .5 or 1%.

jimeve
6th November 2008, 21:30
Yeah tracker, didn't know it tracked the base rate( BOE) :doh

benb
6th November 2008, 22:41
Smart move, ordering the car before the missus came over! :D:xxgrinning--00xx3: Only investments i have are in property now and I lost approx. £50k in lat year. But i'm optimistic that all will be ok as my interest is long-term! Not started the shopping yet, planning on doing so from end of December when Pia is 6 months plus, and the sales are on. Will order from ebay i imagine. What type of buggy, stroller, car seat did you go for?

Yehey, yehey!!!!!!:Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

£50k???:yikes::doh I'm in a similar boat too and my stock portfolio has lost over half its value. Just got to wait now....long long wait maybe. :doh

I'm going for this all in one buggy, which will also fit my boot. Had to return the old one because it was too long for my boot.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=3763179

I've bought all the other stuff - long list! :ARsurrender:

Ebay is a good place, but you would need to spend some time on it searching, bidding etc to get the best deals else its not worth it.

Cheers,

Piamed
6th November 2008, 23:14
£50k???:yikes::doh I'm in a similar boat too and my stock portfolio has lost over half its value. Just got to wait now....long long wait maybe. :doh

I'm going for this all in one buggy, which will also fit my boot. Had to return the old one because it was too long for my boot.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=3763179

I've bought all the other stuff - long list! :ARsurrender:

Ebay is a good place, but you would need to spend some time on it searching, bidding etc to get the best deals else its not worth it.

Cheers,It will be at least 18 months I reckon. Buggy system looks really nice. Some of them look so complicated. One i looked at even had instructions on how to use it on a CD-ROM.

fred
7th November 2008, 09:05
Only a lucky few homeowners likely to feel the full effect of ‘historic’ rate cut

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/property_and_mortgages/article5102475.ece

High street banks and building societies responded to the cut with a scramble to prevent new borrowers from taking advantage.

fred
7th November 2008, 09:05
Lenders snub calls to cut rates

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ade4cc9c-ac4b-11dd-bf71-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

All but two UK banks snubbed government calls to pass on Thursday’s dramatic interest rate cuts to new customers and more than 20 lenders withdrew deals that would have slashed borrowers’ monthly mortgage repayments.

The withdrawals mean that most of the UK’s biggest lenders have stopped offering any tracker mortgages, which automatically move up and down in line with the base rate, and brokers fear the rest could disappear by the weekend. “By the end of today there will be very few trackers left on the market,” said Ray Boulger, senior technical manager at John Charcol.

When banks launch their new tracker deals, perhaps next week, they are expected to increase the margin they charge above the base rate and may continue to charge hefty arrangement fees to offset rate cuts.

KeithD
7th November 2008, 10:20
Strange that the two banks OWNED by the government haven't passed it on yet!

andypaul
7th November 2008, 12:09
Lenders snub calls to cut rates

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ade4cc9c-ac4b-11dd-bf71-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

All but two UK banks snubbed government calls to pass on Thursday’s dramatic interest rate cuts to new customers and more than 20 lenders withdrew deals that would have slashed borrowers’ monthly mortgage repayments.

The withdrawals mean that most of the UK’s biggest lenders have stopped offering any tracker mortgages, which automatically move up and down in line with the base rate, and brokers fear the rest could disappear by the weekend. “By the end of today there will be very few trackers left on the market,” said Ray Boulger, senior technical manager at John Charcol.

When banks launch their new tracker deals, perhaps next week, they are expected to increase the margin they charge above the base rate and may continue to charge hefty arrangement fees to offset rate cuts.

The banks will look after themselves i dont know why we bother should have let a few go to the wall. Thats also the view of many in the finanical sector. Would have been easier long term to compensate and move the customers to the banks that were stronger.

Now with the intrest rates down to get the ecomony going ie spend in the high st and buy houses :Erm: what a great model how about exporting goods or knowledge.

Only thing that will go down or stay the same are saving intrest rates for most meaning more money leaving the system, the country and of course the currency will most liken weaken:rolleyes:

benb
7th November 2008, 12:35
Strange that the two banks OWNED by the government haven't passed it on yet!

Greed! Senior executives still want their big pay and bonuses!:NoNo:

benb
7th November 2008, 12:38
Only a lucky few homeowners likely to feel the full effect of ‘historic’ rate cut

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/money/property_and_mortgages/article5102475.ece

High street banks and building societies responded to the cut with a scramble to prevent new borrowers from taking advantage.

Fred, Thanks for link! It looks like 4 million on tracker to benefit, which is a huge loss for the banks, compared to 800k on SVR.

jimeve
7th November 2008, 21:54
Muslims got it right they don't charge any interest amongst them self's
regarding lending cash. must have a bank of Muslim,:Erm:

andypaul
7th November 2008, 22:35
Muslims got it right they don't charge any interest amongst them self's
regarding lending cash. must have a bank of Muslim,:Erm:

Yeah they have banks many down here in londona dn some brit banks do special islamic accounts.

Some none islamic finance groups are making sharia compatiable products. Some are attracting quite a lot of attention from non muslims as they potentially offer quite a good deal in the way they are structured.

Piamed
9th November 2008, 08:17
Yeah they have banks many down here in londona dn some brit banks do special islamic accounts.

Some none islamic finance groups are making sharia compatiable products. Some are attracting quite a lot of attention from non muslims as they potentially offer quite a good deal in the way they are structured.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Word! Although I would not personally use them for a variety of reasons.