PDA

View Full Version : (?Can) I Have A Dream

Arthur Little
6th November 2008, 04:14
Doubtless at this momentous time in the lifespan of our planet, the immortalised words attributed to the religious fundamentalist and spiritual leader, Martin Luther King, will be firmly etched in the memories of esteemed members of my vintage.

Equally, historical records and the mass media - most notably radio, television and film - have ensured that such events have been recorded for posterity, and are thus not lost on those who, as of then, were either scarcely a "twinkle in their daddies' eye" or whose first tooth had barely been cut (let alone lengthened!).

Reportedly, Senator Barack Obama's entire election campaign was fought cleanly - without the slightest hint of political sleaze - and for this reason, if nothing else, his triumphant "ascension" to the *White House [or should*that now be re-named the 'Black House'?] deserves to be applauded.

As many of you will already be aware, I am neither black nor American. I'm simply an ordinary, straightforward Scot who has long-despised any form of racial intolerance (God knows, my goodwill even extends to my "neighbours" from south of the Border ... ha,ha!). All joking aside, it's not the colour of a person's skin that matters - nor his/her religious persuasions; it's what's inside his/her heart that's important.

Which is why I consider Obama's win an overwhelming victory for Civil Rights' Movements everywhere. I wish him and his yet to be appointed team every success in their efforts to "deliver the goods" at such a crucial point in world history. Likewise, as clearly stated in an earlier submission, it is my intention to apply the same principled honesty in my dealings with the Immigration Authorities in the coming weeks. So, all you guys and gals [(with apologies to Jimmy Saville ... though maybe he could "fix it!") (especially those of you old enough to remember the Glasgow trams)] let's be getting you down on your knees (arthritic joints permitting, of course) to help fulfil MY dream (or more correctly, mine & Myrna's) without wearing out the 'prayer mats'.

Cheers,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur

PeterB
6th November 2008, 08:11
I'm sure that everyone here will allow you to have your dream. Most of us will even hope that it comes true for you!

Quite a few of us will also be supporting you with our prayers.

We can also have great hopes for the planet at large, with the outcome of the election.

KeithD
6th November 2008, 09:45
:bigcry: All whites will now be forced into slavery and shipped off to Africa....they can start with Gordon Brown :icon_lol:

Piamed
6th November 2008, 10:51
Doubtless at this momentous time in the lifespan of our planet, the immortalised words attributed to the religious fundamentalist and spiritual leader, Martin Luther King, will be firmly etched in the memories of esteemed members of my vintage.

Equally, historical records and the mass media - most notably radio, television and film - have ensured that such events have been recorded for posterity, and are thus not lost on those who, as of then, were either scarcely a "twinkle in their daddies' eye" or whose first tooth had barely been cut (let alone lengthened!).

Reportedly, Senator Barack Obama's entire election campaign was fought cleanly - without the slightest hint of political sleaze - and for this reason, if nothing else, his triumphant "ascension" to the *White House [or should*that now be re-named the 'Black House'?] deserves to be applauded.

As many of you will already be aware, I am neither black nor American. I'm simply an ordinary, straightforward Scot who has long-despised any form of racial intolerance (God knows, my goodwill even extends to my "neighbours" from south of the Border ... ha,ha!). All joking aside, it's not the colour of a person's skin that matters - nor his/her religious persuasions; it's what's inside his/her heart that's important.

Which is why I consider Obama's win an overwhelming victory for Civil Rights' Movements everywhere. I wish him and his yet to be appointed team every success in their efforts to "deliver the goods" at such a crucial point in world history. Likewise, as clearly stated in an earlier submission, it is my intention to apply the same principled honesty in my dealings with the Immigration Authorities in the coming weeks. So, all you guys and gals [(with apologies to Jimmy Saville ... though maybe he could "fix it!") (especially those of you old enough to remember the Glasgow trams)] let's be getting you down on your knees (arthritic joints permitting, of course) to help fulfil MY dream (or more correctly, mine & Myrna's) without wearing out the 'prayer mats'.

Cheers,:xxgrinning--00xx3:

ArthurHear ye and hear him!

I'm sure that everyone here will allow you to have your dream. Most of us will even hope that it comes true for you!

Quite a few of us will also be supporting you with our prayers.

We can also have great hopes for the planet at large, with the outcome of the election.Word!

:bigcry: All whites will now be forced into slavery and shipped off to Africa....they can start with Gordon Brown :icon_lol:You are too funny!

joebloggs
6th November 2008, 21:52
:bigcry: All whites will now be forced into slavery and shipped off to Africa....they can start with Gordon Brown :icon_lol:

yes the scots have made us English suffer with Blair and Brown destroying us :cwm24:

time we deported them back :D

Arthur it should be your legal right to bring your wife here, and until people start kicking off and complaining about how the Brits have to suffer with British immigration rules, while Europeans in the UK can use Euro immigration laws to bring their wife here. this gov should be forced to decide whether were in Europe or not :action-smiley-081:

baboyako
6th November 2008, 23:18
I dunno what "legal right" means, but nobody checks passports here and the taxes are pretty low... and have not seen an estate agents or, well, whats so great about scottyland anyhow??

Arthur Little
7th November 2008, 04:44
Well - and I know this sounds rather 'TRITE' - but I mean, where else on the Globe can you manage to buy *Tesco's Diet Orange (apart from HERE ... or any of our neighbouring UK countries)?

*Simply the best ... better than ALL the rest!!! (and still only 48p per 2-litre bottle - recyclable into the bargain). Yup, they (all other nations) [can] keep their Cokes, 7-Up & 'SPRITE' ...!!!

I AM a POET ... and I DO KNOW IT!!

A bit too cryptic? Just thought this column could DO with a "dash" of humour!