PDA

View Full Version : Pulis hits back at Wenger claims

Win2Win
5th November 2008, 16:00
Stoke boss Tony Pulis says Arsene Wenger is "trying to rewrite history" after the Arsenal boss accused City of using overly aggressive tactics.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stoke_city/7710894.stm)

jimeve
5th November 2008, 16:08
Wenger at it again, big cry baby.

KeithD
5th November 2008, 17:12
He does have a decent point this time, and a few managers have said as much. With the game so fast these days, it is the late lunging tackles that are injuring players more and more, and yet it is not the difficult to minimize a collision....but then most players are thick, and have no understnading of the basics of physics.

andypaul
5th November 2008, 18:28
He does have a decent point this time, and a few managers have said as much. With the game so fast these days, it is the late lunging tackles that are injuring players more and more, and yet it is not the difficult to minimize a collision....but then most players are thick, and have no understnading of the basics of physics.

When his own players sort it out then let him pass judgment on others:D

Ref Van persie forgeting to stop and taking the goalkeeper out.

Ady
8th November 2008, 19:58
Glad to see Newport boy Pulis stand up to him. Stoke are doing well, as are Hull. I hope they both stay up, and it is great to see the unfashionable clubs giving the fashionable clubs a bloody nose.

aromulus
8th November 2008, 20:05
and it is great to see the unfashionable clubs giving the fashionable clubs a bloody nose.

Now, now... I am all for the little teams, lad.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But don't get too carried away......:NoNo:

andypaul
8th November 2008, 21:37
Now, now... I am all for the little teams, lad.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

But don't get too carried away......:NoNo:

No need to talk about Chelsea as a little team just because they were the yo yo club of the eighties:D

Ady
9th November 2008, 17:36
:Erm:

I remember Chelsea were always a huge club even before the Abramovich days.

Anyone remember the sub-10,000 crowds of the early Premiership days. No-one in Wales wore a Chelsea shirt back then (just Blackburn shirts!), now loads of people wear them.

I have to say, though, I am encouraged by the number of people getting interested in their local team here. Loads of Cardiff airfresheners in cars, coats and shirts around a 40 mile radius. One of the biggest catchment areas around, but the staunchest of Welshmen (the ones who cry when we beat the English at rugby) will take great pleasure in watching the Welsh clubs struggle. :furious3:

andypaul
11th November 2008, 22:29
:Erm:

I remember Chelsea were always a huge club even before the Abramovich days.

Anyone remember the sub-10,000 crowds of the early Premiership days. No-one in Wales wore a Chelsea shirt back then (just Blackburn shirts!), now loads of people wear them.

I have to say, though, I am encouraged by the number of people getting interested in their local team here. Loads of Cardiff airfresheners in cars, coats and shirts around a 40 mile radius. One of the biggest catchment areas around, but the staunchest of Welshmen (the ones who cry when we beat the English at rugby) will take great pleasure in watching the Welsh clubs struggle. :furious3:

Is it because they play in an english league i know that pees off a few Welshmen, I have met and others think its good as nearly every week you have a game agaisnt the English:D.

Been to Cardiff and have to say the attitude of some is just not right. Bit like some of Chelseas not so friendly fans.

Im all for having a bit of banter but some is pure evil:NoNo: No not the soul crew. I know of one spurs fan who got abuse from an old lady for offering to help her with her shopping bags:icon_lol:

But met loads who make up for that:xxgrinning--00xx3: