PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa Application...

janyen
4th November 2008, 12:21
Hi. Just want to share my experienced when I applied for the Schengen Visa in the Dutch Consulate last Oct. 29, Wednesday.

I was with a friend named Rhea. I want to say "THANK YOU" for being there sis.

We went in the morning round 9.
Brought with me ALL the requirements needed for the Schengen Visa Application coz we're not told by the embassy what requirements do I need since my husband is a british national.

At first, the Consulate in-charge refused to accept my visa coz I am applying for a long stay visa. The reason is I am going to JOIN my SPOUSE in the Netherlands. She said I have to do it in Manila since I have to do biometrics, fingerprints and etc. which I was a bit confused coz I am not applying for MVV. I texted my husband and he called the Embassy right away. After few minutes, the Embassy called the Consulate in Cebu and told her to accept my application.

HERE are the following requirements that they asked from me:
---authenticated and legalised MC
---copy of Spouse Passport
---copy of Spouse Resident Permit
---copy of my Flight Details
---copy of my Travel Insurance
---my Passport
---Visa is FREE of CHARGE

We have to wait for 20 days for the result whichever it is - fail or pass.

Last Friday, the Embassy in Manila called me to verify some things and asked some additional informations like the complete address of my husband, his nationality again - BRITISH, do we have kids, what is the work of my husband there, the status of his work - which is PERMAMENT, my purpose - JOINING SPOUSE and they asked for my flight details. The lady said "anyway the officer will still evaluate your application. Just wait for 14 days for the result."

I want to say THANK YOU to ALL my WOF FAMILY for sharing their knowledge about the VISA.

Especially to my ONLINE FRIEND - MAE Cruz, I owe a lot to you Ms. ANN. Take care in NL. Hope to see you soon...