PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

easygoingman
23rd August 2006, 10:49
Hi everyone

I'm Paul from the UK and am very happily engaged to a lady OCW from the Philippines. We aim to get married this year.

We started as pen pals last year, became phone friends and I flew out to meet her in Singapore (but ended up going to Malaysia as Jen had moved after I booked the ticket). The trip was worth it because we held hands, giggled and had fun and felt so comfortable together :BouncyHappy:
She came to the UK for a 2 week holiday in April/May this year and it's been 100 days or so since I last saw her :bigcry:

We don't need much help at this stage but thought I'd say 'Hello'

Best wishes to everyone :)

walesrob
23rd August 2006, 11:22
Hi everyone

I'm Paul from the UK and am very happily engaged to a lady OCW from the Philippines. We aim to get married this year.

We started as pen pals last year, became phone friends and I flew out to meet her in Singapore (but ended up going to Malaysia as Jen had moved after I booked the ticket). The trip was worth it because we held hands, giggled and had fun and felt so comfortable together :BouncyHappy:
She came to the UK for a 2 week holiday in April/May this year and it's been 100 days or so since I last saw her :bigcry:

We don't need much help at this stage but thought I'd say 'Hello'

Best wishes to everyone :)

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Elsa was also an OCW, she worked in Hong Kong. Anyway, keep us updated, and if theres any information or advice you need, give us a shout.

Rob

easygoingman
23rd August 2006, 12:10
Thanks Rob

I'm sure it was you who invited me to join from the asawa foruma few months back.
I've been busy doing overtime to pay for the wedding and lots of chatting on the phone to Jen at the weekend's when I've been free (2p a min to Singapore!) :)

finally booked my flight last night so it feels more real now.

I only wrote to OCWs and each of them were so incredibly nice, sweet and kind. But I had to pick one to visit first and never wanted anyone else since.
:BouncyHappy:

Eljohno
23rd August 2006, 18:08
Thanks Rob

I'm sure it was you who invited me to join from the asawa foruma few months back.
I've been busy doing overtime to pay for the wedding and lots of chatting on the phone to Jen at the weekend's when I've been free (2p a min to Singapore!) :)

finally booked my flight last night so it feels more real now.

I only wrote to OCWs and each of them were so incredibly nice, sweet and kind. But I had to pick one to visit first and never wanted anyone else since.
:BouncyHappy:

Hi paul,

welcome to the forum and if you cannot find everything you are looking on here then we will have failed as a forum haha. No seriously just let us know if we can help in anyway.....

John:Hellooo:

ginapeterb
23rd August 2006, 18:22
Hello Paul,

I will join the other guys in welcoming you to the forum, glad you found a nice lady to spend your life with, my wife and I had our honeymoon in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia, so we have trod the same paths I think, unlike Elsa..(Robs better half) my wife was not OCW, but she is now in UK happily working for the Government, wait until they want to go home to see Mamma, that time will come, as the lads have said, come on the forum and stick with us, we would love to have you.

easygoingman
23rd August 2006, 19:14
thanks for your welcome and Pete I did write to ladies in the Philippines as well as OCW but it was the OCW's who replied much more than the ones in the Phils
This forum has already helped as I've seen a post that says I can dial Singapore for 1p a minute. Currently I pay 2p! I can save 60p an hour :)

Oh I'm from England and am an IT Admin as my punishment..

KeithD
23rd August 2006, 21:36
...you mean you sit infront of a radiation screen all day? :)

easygoingman
24th August 2006, 10:37
...you mean you sit infront of a radiation screen all day? :)

no, we have TFTs (flat screens), only people we hate have CRTs :)

and my fiancee warned me about laptops and a man's fertility, so I keep safe there as we are looking forward to having only 10 kids :Rasp: