PDA

View Full Version : £650 million collected in visa fees last year

joebloggs
2nd November 2008, 23:07
i know it's from the News of the World :icon_lol:, but looks like it could be true :doh

At the moment foreigners can apply for “indefinite leave to remain” status after five years—which means they can settle here forever with full access to our welfare state.

But new tighter controls could see that scrapped so immigrants can only stay on if they become British citizens. A Westminster source said: “We want to abolish indefinite leave to remain.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/58443/Government-plans-to-close-doors-on-immigrants-Crackdown-on-immigrants-arriving-on-student-or-work-visas.html

i thought they were doing this anyway next year. no more ILR, but probationary citizenship, and within a time limit you will have to apply for citizenship or lose your probationary citizenship :Help1:

andypaul
2nd November 2008, 23:32
i think it was 300 million from you and i joe

Remeber an election on the way so westminster will feed us lots of these.

cheesewiz
9th November 2008, 01:38
three of my filipino friends applied for ILR recently and approved:) right now they are the most happiest person in the world:)

its my turn next year...finger cross I'll get it too:rolleyes: and start a life here:ARsurrender:

Mrs.JMajor
9th November 2008, 01:44
Wow 650 millionnnnnnnn pounds,:yikes::yikes: that was last year huh i wonder 2008 collection :rolleyes:

KeithD
9th November 2008, 09:42
But we get the money back ourselves as it keeps our excellent public transport system going :xxgrinning--00xx3: ......I even seen a bus near our village last week :BouncyHappy:

andypaul
9th November 2008, 16:19
But we get the money back ourselves as it keeps our excellent public transport system going :xxgrinning--00xx3: ......I even seen a bus near our village last week :BouncyHappy:

Did the horse take a wrong turning:Erm:

walesrob
9th November 2008, 16:34
I even seen a bus near our village last week :BouncyHappy:

Yeah we see these things once every 3 hours :NoNo:

andypaul
9th November 2008, 17:18
Yeah we see these things once every 3 hours :NoNo:

Why have you been watching on the buses on uk gold:D

benb
9th November 2008, 19:16
£650 million collected in visa fees last year

:yikes::yikes:
Well, if the money (i.e. profit) goes to good use, then I suppose its ok.

Cheers

KeithD
9th November 2008, 19:24
Did the horse take a wrong turning:Erm:
:cwm23: :action-smiley-081: :furious3: Horses....on for a very big win yesterday, and the jocket whipped the horse when going clear :Erm: ......the horse swerved 90 degrees :Brick: He's a marked man :CompBuster: