PDA

View Full Version : Philippines & Rain

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 11:46
Is it a bad year for rain in the Philippines as all I get from folk out there is it's raining nearly every day. Never used to be like that.

I've also been travelling to Singapore since '98, and there are definetly more cloudly days now than they used to have.....global warming? Probably, it does put more moisture in the air.

walesrob
22nd August 2006, 12:34
Is it a bad year for rain in the Philippines as all I get from folk out there is it's raining nearly every day. Never used to be like that.

I've also been travelling to Singapore since '98, and there are definetly more cloudly days now than they used to have.....global warming? Probably, it does put more moisture in the air.

Yeah I noticed that everytime I'm in Tacloban - very warm, but cloudy. It also surprises me how that part of Leyte is subject to almost instant changes of weather from hot and sunny to severe rainfall in just a few minutes, quite a contrast :Rasp:

ginapeterb
22nd August 2006, 19:25
Yeah I noticed that everytime I'm in Tacloban - very warm, but cloudy. It also surprises me how that part of Leyte is subject to almost instant changes of weather from hot and sunny to severe rainfall in just a few minutes, quite a contrast :Rasp:

Gina informs me today skype.com ( beautiful video and audio conversation) for free ! that the rains are incredible, parts of her island are under 6 foot of water, they seem to get worse every year, parts of the highways are washed away, so your right Rob, not sure how Leyte is though.

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 19:39
This all means more mud slides in the future, unless they get their act together to plan trees.....not much chance of that though based on past data. They probably accept public lives lost as part of the loggers income. :NoNo:

Eljohno
22nd August 2006, 21:06
Gina informs me today skype.com ( beautiful video and audio conversation)

Pete seems like you are very much missing your Gina....

Its probably making you remember what life was like before you met her..

Oh thats right this thread is about the weather...

A bad months weather in the Philippines is still better than a good month in N.Ireland:Erm:

KeithD
22nd August 2006, 22:20
Please don't go off topic :Brick: :icon_lol:

George Bush still denies global warming......but then.....what can we expect of a man who does not believe in evolution :doh

A_flyer
25th August 2006, 07:10
Keith, you're not alone:
VIEWS FROM A BRIT By Mike Wootton Rain, rain . . . http://www.manilatimes.net/national/2006/aug/23/yehey/business/20060823bus5.html

KeithD
25th August 2006, 08:40
They need to look on the bright side.......it gives the old women something to talk about while standing at the bus stop :D

KeithD
25th August 2006, 08:42
{PS. The reason for posting news on the forum that way is that the person/company who put the effort in to write it, gets a bonus by having a single return link, which is worth quite a few ranking points on Google :) }

russ01539
26th August 2006, 00:10
Anyone stopped to think where all the extra rain comes from ?

Maybe the sea levels have risen as far as they can anw the extra melting ice will be turned to clouds and rain.

Perhaps we (when I say we, I dont mean us forum members by the way - justthe human race) should find a way to tow the clouds to Africa so those poor draught stricken areas can get a break for a change.

KeithD
26th August 2006, 08:46
If the global temperature rises, then that puts more water molecules in the atmosphere. As well as eventually having to come back down at some point, the extra weight of the molecules in the atmosphere causes the air underneath to become more compressed producing extra heat.....resulting in more water evaporating....and so on.....

Till we get to a point where the ice caps have virtually melted, more sunlight is blocked out, the Atlantic Drift, and other in the oceans shutdown, and we plummet into an ice age, which can take as little as 20 years.....and boy are we overdue one.