PDA

View Full Version : anybody here applied for fiancee visa in norway?

hirokf
31st October 2008, 09:35
hello!

I applied last month for a fiancee visa in Norway. The embassy said processing time is 10-12 months. Is there someone here who applied for same visa before? or at least knows someone who did? I just want to know if that is the actual processing time or is there possibility that they will grant it earlier? and I also wanna know if it is possible to follow up the application directly in UDI norway?

additional question, if i have the residence permit already in Norway can I go to US as tourist without the need for visa ( as what normal norwegians do) ? or should I apply for a tourist visa also? Just that my fiancee have a conference in US next year and he told me he would love me to come along. its quite a minor issue right now though but it would be nice to have an idea about it :)

thanks a lot everyone!

darren-b
31st October 2008, 19:09
Can't help with your first question.

I'm pretty certain the US won't recognise your Norwegian visas, so assuming you are going to travel there using a Philippines passport you will need to obtain a US Tourist visa.

PeterB
1st November 2008, 12:41
Looking at US immigration website, you will need a visa unless you are a national (citizen) of a country included in the Visa waiver program. Philippines is not included in that list, and having a residence permit does not make you a Norwegian citizen. So, yes, you will need a visa if you intend to travel on a Filipino passport.

Oh, and the Visa Waiver Program only applies if you have a machine-readable passport.

Ping
2nd November 2008, 10:16
Lucky if you granted a visa, especially to a Filipino.

darren-b
2nd November 2008, 11:30
Lucky if you granted a visa, especially to a Filipino.

My wife didn't have any problems getting a US tourist visa when she had UK ILR. US Embassy in London granted her a 10 year one.

johncar54
2nd November 2008, 15:08
USA visit. If you still only have Filipino Nationality you will need a tourist visa for USA. If you have permanent residence in EU then I would think a USA visa would be straight forward.

dondi
4th November 2008, 00:14
My wife didn't have any problems getting a US tourist visa when she had UK ILR. US Embassy in London granted her a 10 year one.

Same here.. was granted 10 year visa when I was still on ILR.

Being Filipino doesn't make it more difficult to get a US visa.. as long as you have the required documents and is a genuine tourist.

darren-b
4th November 2008, 07:20
Same here.. was granted 10 year visa when I was still on ILR.

Being Filipino doesn't make it more difficult to get a US visa.. as long as you have the required documents and is a genuine tourist.

Though I don't think it would be so easy for a Filipino without ILR.

hirokf
15th November 2008, 12:12
thanks guys for all the replies! i think its better for me to apply for a tourist visa in norway if we got married already so I have a less chance of getting denied because of me being a Filipino.

gracia_006
15th November 2008, 12:33
[quote=hirokf;96093]hello!

I applied last month for a fiancee visa in Norway. The embassy said processing time is 10-12 months. Is there someone here who applied for same visa before? or at least knows someone who did? I just want to know if that is the actual processing time or is there possibility that they will grant it earlier? and I also wanna know if it is possible to follow up the application directly in UDI norway?

Hei, i know someone who is in fiancee visa and she get her visa in 5 months....

so dont worry it will not take that long:-)

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 07:16
DO FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSAL VISA FOR NORWAY HAVE AGE LIMIT INSTEAD IF 18 YRS OLD ALREADY?:bigcry::bigcry:

AS UK rULES CHANGES LAST NOVEMBER 2008 THAT INSTEAD OF 18 THEY RISEN UP THE AGE INTO 21 YRS OLD TO APPLY FOR BOTH TYPE OF VISA.........:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Help1::Help1::ARsurrender:

WOULD IT BE THE SAME IN NORWAY?:Brick:

darren-b
14th May 2009, 07:24
DO FIANCEE VISA OR SPOUSAL VISA FOR NORWAY HAVE AGE LIMIT INSTEAD IF 18 YRS OLD ALREADY?:bigcry::bigcry:

AS UK rULES CHANGES LAST NOVEMBER 2008 THAT INSTEAD OF 18 THEY RISEN UP THE AGE INTO 21 YRS OLD TO APPLY FOR BOTH TYPE OF VISA.........:Cuckoo::Cuckoo::Help1::Help1::ARsurrender:

WOULD IT BE THE SAME IN NORWAY?:Brick:

I believe Norway will apply EU law which does not have the same age limits as the UK.

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 08:19
I believe Norway will apply EU law which does not have the same age limits as the UK.

thats great for norway place cos no age limit unless 18 than UK its getting bad but applicable for 21 up only.....so really getting strick:Erm::Erm::Cuckoo:
]

and this measures my patience over 3 yrs waiitng time to apply for such crazy circumstances:Brick::Brick:

but i believe i can make this right soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
14th May 2009, 08:22
I think that Norway might be quite different as it is NOT member of EU... Yet...

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 08:26
I think that Norway might be quite different as it is NOT member of EU... Yet...

AHHH!!! REALLY SO THEY WILL BE KINDA STRICK FOR THE AGE LIMIT THEN LIKE AS WHAT UK RULES DID FOR A MATTER OF TRICKY CHANGES......:Brick:FOR APPLYING VISA?

Ji&Ma
14th May 2009, 08:29
AHHH!!! REALLY SO THEY WILL BE KINDA STRICK FOR THE AGE LIMIT THEN LIKE AS WHAT UK RULES DID FOR A MATTER OF TRICKY CHANGES......:Brick:FOR APPLYING VISA?
Can't be sure about this, absolutely have no idea about Norwegian immigration law:Erm: Sorry can't help...:NoNo:

rutchzzz143
14th May 2009, 09:14
Can't be sure about this, absolutely have no idea about Norwegian immigration law:Erm: Sorry can't help...:NoNo:

ahmmmmmmmmmm:)ok its not a problem.........thanks:):):cwm12:

darren-b
14th May 2009, 09:22

Yes you are right that they are not part of the EU, but they are part of the EEA and have fully implemented schengen rules. Hence i think their immigration rules will be the same.