PDA

View Full Version : Balute

Admin
10th September 2004, 19:26
So what is Balute, you ask. Balute is the aborted, partially developed fetus of a duck (or chicken in some cases) still in it's egg, and then fermented.

It's important to note that there are certain rules to consider when eating Balute.
1. Don't look inside the egg before you eat it. You don't want to see the very thing your going to eat looking back at you.

2. Don't sniff or smell the contents of the egg before you eat it. This is also important for obvious reasons.

3. Don't think about the contents of the egg before you eat it. Imagination is the man killer here folks.

4. It helps to be completely intoxicated well before even considering eating Balute. This is more of a guideline than a rule really.

So in short, why bother eating this yuck in the first place? ;D

cj03
13th September 2004, 09:52
Hi Keith! I think you're referring to "balut"... the famous yucky filipino food ;D
Here are some fact/fiction (?):
1. there are 2 kinds of balut (a) balut (regular) - the chicken fetus is visible, u can seaprate it from the white (B) balut sa puti - the chicken fetus is wrapped with the egg white so u dont see it (preferred by people who eat the chix fetus)
2. filipino guys believe that the balut is an aphrodisiac, being referred to as "pampalakas ng tuhod" and they often eat around 2-4 baluts whenever they're in for some "busy night" ::)
4. Pateros is the balut capital of the Phils ;D

There's also something that's called "penoy" - it's the duck egg in pre-balut stage (does not contain any juice and fetus yet) Filipino people still prefer the balut coz they say the juice is where the nutrients are ;D

I eat balut but i've never tried eating the chicken fetus (yuuccckk), when i ask people who do they all say it tastes sweet.... anyway, i havent even thought of discovering it for my self hahaha.....

Admin
14th September 2004, 16:19
My missus spells it with an 'e' on the end, but it's still disgusting whatever. I'm not to keen on getting feathers stuck between my teeth ;D

mavid
9th March 2005, 22:03
Originally posted by admin@Sep 14 2004, 11:19 PM
My missus spells it with an 'e' on the end, but it's still disgusting whatever. I'm not to keen on getting feathers stuck between my teeth ;D

Quoted post

My brummie Paul and me :D were in Boracay last January 2005 with our canadian friends we met in Palawan, one of the canadian with his newly found girl friend...wanted to eat balut.. and she challenged my brummie to eat one :o hahaha :lol:
Me myself being a filipina never tried it hehehe I was so proud of him eating a balut :lol: he almost bailed out but i told him...common hun u can do it hehe

Admin
10th March 2005, 09:47
Don't think I'd manage it after a bucket of Strongbow, but then I eat donner kebabs sober!! :unsure:

ginapeterb
10th March 2005, 16:02
Originally posted by admin@Mar 10 2005, 08:47 AM
Don't think I'd manage it after a bucket of Strongbow, but then I eat donner kebabs sober!! :unsure:

Quoted post

DISGUSTING

Admin
10th March 2005, 17:48
Just had one for dinner, you can almost taste the cremated flies & fried dog :blink:

Gingwa
12th February 2006, 16:13
Enough said

Pauldo
12th February 2006, 21:19
Originally posted by Gingwa@Feb 12 2006, 04:13 PM
Enough said

Quoted post

The big question remains: Why would you WANT to eat the bleddy things??

I don't eat dog turds, because they look and smell and probably taste disgusting, so why would I want to eat a balut? :yikes:
:action-smiley-075:

Gingwa
12th February 2006, 21:31
Keep promising myself I will try the next time I'm in the Phils, just once.
Come on.... Surely somebody here has tried it?

Shamrockdave2003
12th February 2006, 21:54
Originally posted by Gingwa@Feb 12 2006, 08:31 PM

Quoted post

Yep!

I have tried it and it was disgusting.

Peer presure! i was drinking with these pinoy's and they laid down a challenge to me in front my missus, i couldn't refuse.

I was pissed and i quite like eggs so i though what the hell when in rome etc also the fact that it is supposed to have aphro properties :D

Well i didnt look at it and it ended up on the floor, i bit the beak or something which was very hard and it turned my stomach, i didnt puke luckily!

SD

Pauldo
12th February 2006, 22:09
Originally posted by Gingwa@Feb 12 2006, 09:31 PM

Quoted post

Oh I've eaten them, when I was hammered, but even then I was prone to fits of heaving if I so much as thought about the horrible mess I was consuming.

Just looking into the cut off end of the balut and seeing a small, boiled to death chick, with its tiny stunted wings, open beak pleading, begging for mercy, eyes half opened, in stunned captured agony....... :rolleyes:

Only a drunken Filipino trike driver could eat that without feeling openly ill!

Gingwa
14th February 2006, 20:38
Originally posted by Pauldo@Feb 12 2006, 09:09 PM
Oh I've eaten them, when I was hammered, but even then I was prone to fits of heaving if I so much as thought about the horrible mess I was consuming.

Just looking into the cut off end of the balut and seeing a small, boiled to death chick, with its tiny stunted wings, open beak pleading, begging for mercy, eyes half opened, in stunned captured agony....... :rolleyes:

Only a drunken Filipino trike driver could eat that without feeling openly ill!

Quoted post

Noted..Be very drunk..Have the missus there so you cant lose face..Make sure I'm with lots of filipino's egging me on = NO CHOICE BUT TO TRY.
Ok, I will try it! Not looking forward to it, but I'll try it..
Been to the phils several times now, never had the bottle before..

Gingwa
18th February 2006, 00:55
Well, my wife went to the filipino store in earls court. I asked her to bring back some balut. I thought, I cant try this stuff sober, so I went out with a friend, got lagered up. When I came home, my wife had boiled them ready, so I went for it.. You know what... ITS DELICIOUS!! WOW, I ate the lot, every bit was great, so much tastier than the eggs we eat. I will enjoy more when I go to the Phil in December. :BouncyHappy:

Gingwa
18th February 2006, 01:15
She bought 3, I had to eat another, this time, I looked at what I was going to eat, when I broke it apart and saw the chick head, I thought, sod it, and just shoved it in me mouth.. It looks gross, but it tastes lovelly. Egg on toast will never be the same... :Hellooo:

Admin
18th February 2006, 10:14
Must be great knowing you have a mouth full of brains, sex organs...and colon :yikes:

Eljohno
18th February 2006, 12:18
Wow i cannot believe people actually eat a half formed little chicken...

I have even had the courage to try the dried fish :blink:

John

Gingwa
18th February 2006, 22:17
Originally posted by admin@Feb 18 2006, 09:14 AM
Must be great knowing you have a mouth full of brains, sex organs...and colon :yikes:

Quoted post

Yum :cwm12:

IMONNA
22nd May 2006, 09:37
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gingwa &#064; Feb 18 2006, 12&#58;15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
She bought 3, I had to eat another, this time, I looked at what I was going to eat, when I broke it apart and saw the chick head, I thought, sod it, and just shoved it in me mouth.. It looks gross, but it tastes lovelly. Egg on toast will never be the same... style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif
[/b][/quote]
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif tRY NOT TO EAT TOO MUCH OF IT OR ELSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ALLERGIC REACTION FROM IT&#33;&#33;&#33; SOME SAY HAVING TOO MANY CAUSES ONE TO EXPERIENCE DIZZINESS AND VOMITING. THIS IS A DELICACY THOUGH NOT EVERY FILIPINO EAT IT AS SOME FOREIGNERS TEND TO BELIEVE. HEY GUYS TRY THE DURIAN NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND YOU MIGHT PREFER THE LOWLY BALUT style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Pauldo
22nd May 2006, 22:45
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(immona &#064; May 22 2006, 09&#58;37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif tRY NOT TO EAT TOO MUCH OF IT OR ELSE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ALLERGIC REACTION FROM IT&#33;&#33;&#33; SOME SAY HAVING TOO MANY CAUSES ONE TO EXPERIENCE DIZZINESS AND VOMITING. THIS IS A DELICACY THOUGH NOT EVERY FILIPINO EAT IT AS SOME FOREIGNERS TEND TO BELIEVE. HEY GUYS TRY THE DURIAN NEXT TIME YOU ARE IN THE PHILIPPINES AND YOU MIGHT PREFER THE LOWLY BALUT style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve eaten durian a few times in SIngapore, where it is actuallyn banned in a few places, such as the MRT trains, because of the smell.

It tastes fairly pleasant, though the closest description you could give of eating it is "like eating chocolate when you&#39;re sitting on the crapper"

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

baboyako
22nd May 2006, 23:19
"Smells like hell, tastes like heaven" well that what they say in mindanao..

I think it tastes more like soya meal - its very high protein.

As for balut, honey ko says she can eat 3 in one sitting. Personally I&#39;d rather drink soup number 5 - an excellent hangover cure.

Eljohno
22nd May 2006, 23:34
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(immona &#064; May 22 2006, 09&#58;37 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I actually was planning to bring some Durian home on my last trip but after a while i gave it away as the smell was terrible which is a shame as my friend here has wanted to try this for ages.

Admin
23rd May 2006, 08:54
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; May 22 2006, 10&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
..... though the closest description you could give of eating it is "like eating chocolate when you&#39;re sitting on the crapper"[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve been trying to find a good description for that crap for years style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif

IMONNA
3rd June 2006, 08:40
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; May 22 2006, 09&#58;45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I&#39;ve eaten durian a few times in SIngapore, where it is actuallyn banned in a few places, such as the MRT trains, because of the smell.

It tastes fairly pleasant, though the closest description you could give of eating it is "like eating chocolate when you&#39;re sitting on the crapper"

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
[/b][/quote]

Well ... I could never understand why some like the durian a lot. I have tried it several times and never liked it furtunately there is a lot more fruits available here. Liking the taste of durian I could say is an acquired taste. You describe it perfectly style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif But for some who have not tasted it .... it an adventure give it a try ?? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.gif Let us know if you like it.

baboyako
30th August 2006, 22:37
"Smells like hell, tastes like heaven" well that what they say in mindanao..

I think it tastes more like soya meal - its very high protein.

As for balut, honey ko says she can eat 3 in one sitting. Personally I'd rather drink soup number 5 - an excellent hangover cure.

I did 3 in one sitting. honey just did the one.

Apparently is wasn't real balut since they were just fertilised 14days. no crunchy beak or feathers.

Eljohno
30th August 2006, 22:48
I actually watched a program on Sky about the 10 most disgusting things people eat in the world and yes of course Balut was about number 3 or 4.:NoNo:

Doc898
31st August 2006, 04:22
Balut is commonly sold with salt in a piece of paper,much like English fish and chips,by street vendors-usually after dark,presumably so you can't see how it is. It's meant to be an aphrodisiac,although I can't imagine anything more like to dispel sexual desire than crunching on a partially-formed baby duck swimming in noxious fluid.
Just imagine how horrible and disgusting would it be like to see your hubby's teeth with feathers and claws sticking out of it before he leans over and kiss you!! Apart from smelling the pungent liquid,called vile,that surrounds the dead duck fetus on his mouth!!!
LOVE is in the air...hmmm!!! :Rasp: :bigcry:

eeeeeeeewwww!!!!:yikes:
Solicitor plzzz!!! :Brick:

francesca
3rd September 2006, 10:38
Hahahaha. My french husband saw balut eating on tv and he finds it disgusting.H e will not eat it, even theres nothing to eat.

Once, we were invited to a filipino meal and the host prepared Kare kare (beef tripes with peanut sauce) and sauteed fish shrimps at the side.
He spooned a lot of this shrimp paste thinking it was minced meat.
Eh voila, too salty he dropped it in his plate.

For durian it is good taste, just cover your nose when eating, hehe

russ01539
3rd September 2006, 15:50
I am sure we've all had a MacD's/Burger King etc. If you all knew exactly what goes into them then you might think twice and actually realise balut is much better for you and its contents are know where near as bad as a fast food burger.

bigtombowski
27th July 2007, 17:03
My girl Marivic doesn't eat Balut - just normal eggs, but her bestfriend does, and bibing the balut vendor is gonna give us loads of free balut when i go there in december and .. .

Mar's best friend and i are gonna have a BEC / ///

BALUT EATING COMPETITION!

I have so looked forward to my first taste of balut, it's unreal!

LOL

tom

Alan
27th July 2007, 17:10
Hmmmm - cannot for one second imagine eating this!!!

Right - if you'll excuse me I'm having an early dinner - tripe and cowheel tonight.

Alan

bigtombowski
27th July 2007, 17:13
i have NO idea what that is! lol!

u speaking Bisaya again?

LOL

tom

;)

joebloggs
28th July 2007, 02:41
My girl Marivic doesn't eat Balut - just normal eggs, but her bestfriend does, and bibing the balut vendor is gonna give us loads of free balut when i go there in december and .. .

LOL

tom

:yikes::NoNo::cwm24::eek::vomit-smiley-011: yuk, going to the philippines for a veggy is like going in the lions den :NoNo:, taking risks with your life :cwm24:, from the land of the lechon, balut and that yuk onion tasting ice cream.. sorry iam gonna be :vomit-smiley-011: there is not much for a veggy over there, its a no go place :NoNo:

and you better be careful or your spend your hol on the :action-smiley-082:

after 7 or 8 visits, i was lucky only to be ill once, and i'm sure it was from the drink i bought, it was cherry or raspberry and it had black jelly like balls in the bottom (anyone know what the drink is called ? ) never again.. :vomit-smiley-011:

aromulus
28th July 2007, 09:05
:yikes::NoNo::cwm24::eek::vomit-smiley-011: yuk, going to the philippines for a veggy is like going in the lions den :NoNo:, taking risks with your life :cwm24:, from the land of the lechon, balut and that yuk onion tasting ice cream.. sorry iam gonna be :vomit-smiley-011: there is not much for a veggy over there, its a no go place :NoNo:

and you better be careful or your spend your hol on the :action-smiley-082:

after 7 or 8 visits, i was lucky only to be ill once, and i'm sure it was from the drink i bought, it was cherry or raspberry and it had black jelly like balls in the bottom (anyone know what the drink is called ? ) never again.. :vomit-smiley-011:

I like vegetarian too...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

In pieces... Medium rare.......:D:D:D

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 10:49
with a bit of salt on!

KeithD
28th July 2007, 10:59
On a salt packet in a shop;
Not Genetically Modified

Eh? It's a chemical!!!

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 11:06
HAHAHA!

that's pretty hilarious (i studied biology when at uni, im a geek)! lol

Alan
28th July 2007, 11:14
Tripe is - I believe - the lining of a cow's stomach. Cowheel is - well - cowheel.
My parents used to eat it when I was a young lad up in Stalybridge in Cheshire (from whence I originate). I could never bring myself to try it though - I seem to remember that my ttreat was 'eggy soldiers.'

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. :Erm:

Alan

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 11:16
i remember soldiers! lol!

ooohhh

u have not tried food til you have had an Ulster fry with Potato Bread and Soda farls! If that clogs up too many arteries, then try some wheaten! :D

lol

ooohhh and cookstown sausages . . . mmmmmm!

:)

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 12:28

ooohhh

u have not tried food til you have had an Ulster fry with Potato Bread and Soda farls! If that clogs up too many arteries, then try some wheaten! :D

lol

Ulster fry!Potato bread! Soda farls! and wheaten!!! What are they?

Hubby told me last night that he is having burger for dinner and almost convinced me that once I get there we should have rubbish eating days, and it will fall on weekends:yikes: (How about my diet?!):NoNo:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 12:34
lol

Ate P,

I think you're not the only one who doesn't know wot wheaten, soda farls, and potato bread are! lol!

it's Northern Ireland food .. . ummm native islander grub! lol

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 12:50

:rolleyes:Cookstown sausages!!!...They sounds delicious already:rolleyes: with brown sauce? and coleslaw for side dish? ummm...a spread of horseraddish :rolleyes:Gnam!

Alan
28th July 2007, 13:15
Anyone heard of black peas - mushy peas - Hollands meat puddings?

Alan

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 13:34
Anyone heard of black peas - mushy peas - Hollands meat puddings?

Alan

I am sure you will send me and brother some of those mushy peas and meat puddings to try out:D:D:D

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 13:37
u like mushy peas?

just u wait til u get to england and go to the chippies!

halal doner KEBAB on nan with a side order of chips and mushy peas!

lol

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 13:49
u like mushy peas?

just u wait til u get to england and go to the chippies!

halal doner KEBAB on nan with a side order of chips and mushy peas!

lol

Errrmmm...actually I didn't know what mushy peas are:Dbut my sixth sense tell me that they could be a mouthwatering dish:D

If we talk about food I could go on and on...Hubby always end up running to the nearest waitrose to provide ingredients and make me cook when he fancy one of my recipes...he will say, "I would not get sleep if I can't get my palate to taste one of those mediterranean dishes you just said...hehehe, I told you it works when I am to ask him something:D. Call it woman emancipation:icon_lol:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 13:53
i can tell u now, Ate P,

mushy peas are far from mouthwatering lol

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 13:55
i can tell u now, Ate P,

mushy peas are far from mouthwatering lol

:yikes:do they look like "mashed bananas?":yikes:...and the taste of?

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 13:57
they are processed peas, pulverised into a mush and served blisteringly hot

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 14:05
they are processed peas, pulverised into a mush and served blisteringly hot

Ahhccckkk!:yikes:Just like baby foods?

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:09
Ahhccckkk!:yikes:Just like baby foods?

worse!

the definition of YAKKY

Peanutz
28th July 2007, 14:17
worse!

the definition of YAKKY

Alan, I think you should vary your recipe...Brother is quite allergic of mushy peas thingy.Maybe, arrosto beef and mashed potatoes would do:rolleyes:...

joebloggs
28th July 2007, 14:17
Tripe is - I believe - the lining of a cow's stomach. Cowheel is - well - cowheel.
My parents used to eat it when I was a young lad up in Stalybridge in Cheshire (from whence I originate). I could never bring myself to try it though - I seem to remember that my ttreat was 'eggy soldiers.'

Nostalgia is not what it used to be. :Erm:

Alan

oh your close to being a Manc, well closer than being a scouser, i use to visit Ashton under lyne to buy playstation games :D many years ago :cwm24:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:19
and a Saveloy!

joebloggs
28th July 2007, 14:30
HAHAHA!

that's pretty hilarious (i studied biology when at uni, im a geek)! lol

my wife has a degree in biology, but it don't stop her eating meat and fish, and knowing about the yuky bits inside still eats them :vomit-smiley-011:

my wife is sneaking bits of meat to my little one, when i'm not looking :omg:, :NoNo:

well bigtom hope you dont get food poisoning on your visit.. only safe place to eat is jollibee, kennys and wendys :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:33
i'm gonna be stopping at the Dumaguete jolibees on the way -- and dunkin's

Alan
28th July 2007, 14:37
Eeeh by gum lad - Ashton is where I wur born - in th' ospital mind.

BTW - I LOVE Jollibee's chicken burgers.

Alan

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 14:40
i gotta have some of the "native" fastfood from Jolibee's! LOL

Alan
28th July 2007, 14:45
Hanna, my lovely wife, more or less LIVES on rice. Breakfast, mid-morning snack - lunch - dinner - supper. She can eat for the Philippines - and yet she is as thin as a rake.
If I so much as look at food I put on a stone!!! Snot fair. :cwm34:

If the door opens and no-one comes in - it's Hanna!

joebloggs
28th July 2007, 14:54
well my wife, stepson and daughter live off rice, was an emergency when they ran out the other day :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

but me and the little guy like tasty chips :xxgrinning--00xx3:,but i'm slowly changing her food habits, with the likes of hot Apple and Bramble Pie with ice cream and custard .. jacket potatoes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 16:28
i've heard it said that you know you're married to a filipina when your electricity bill DOUBLES, and 3/4 is used to power the rice cooker! lol

Alan
28th July 2007, 16:31
LOL Tom!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 16:32
i knew you'd like that AL!

lol

Alan
28th July 2007, 16:38
I did, I did!!!! :)

BTW mate - are we gonna meet for a drink and discuss life, the universe and everything?

Al

bigtombowski
28th July 2007, 16:40
o yeh, im sorry for not replying to the PM yet!

Al, I am currently in belfast .. .

I moved back about 1.5 months ago . . .

ummm . . I'd love to though

I plan to be in england in the next few months to visit some of my friends there . . .. so maybe we can arrange to meet up for then ...

thanks
tom

Alan
28th July 2007, 16:43
That's ok mate.
BEAUTIFUL city Belfast - I love it almost as much as the Phils.
Catch you soon.

Al

Liliput39
28th July 2007, 16:51

LOL

tom

When you pick one to eat, choose the least days, if I remember rightly they sell it by how many days old the egg is. When I used to eat them, I used to pick the shortest days - better not go into details as so many in here are going green by the looks of it. Anyway, I don't think I will be able to eat 'balut' anymore :NoNo:. Do they sell it in Cebu? I've not had one in Cebu, in Manila - yes. I do miss 'Taho' very much, and have been looking in the internet how to make them.......

jimeve
29th July 2007, 00:43
my wife had a balut 14 day old , as i was a bit drunk i ate some, it taste like egg:omg: btw they sell it in R.P every where

aromulus
29th July 2007, 01:24
How can you guys consider eating something that should be dyed blue and marked "unfit for human consumption"...???:Erm:

During my travels, I tried most things, some good, some ok..ish.., some downright obnoxious...:NoNo:

But I draw a line at Balut... It is not cowardice, just common sense and prudence. :vomit-smiley-011::gost:

It is not the case of "When in Rome..."

But good luck, anyway..

bigtombowski
29th July 2007, 01:45
when in bayawan . . . do what the bayawanians do . . . ummm eat baloot! lol!

Peanutz
29th July 2007, 11:03
How can you guys consider eating something that should be dyed blue and marked "unfit for human consumption"...???:Erm:

During my travels, I tried most things, some good, some ok..ish.., some downright obnoxious...:NoNo:

But I draw a line at Balut... It is not cowardice, just common sense and prudence. :vomit-smiley-011::gost:

It is not the case of "When in Rome..."

But good luck, anyway..

I have eaten BALUT when I was a kid and I remember begging my father to buy me that eggy everytime a balut vendor cross our street. I enjoyed it,(yack! doing anatomy to a chick fetus before eating it:yikes: I was a little girl!:D) and since our oldies told us that it makes you strong, everytime I had one I feel strong (kids fantasies) and I couldn't wait for the next day to come, I feel like I have gained force and power I can fight all the bully kids neighbors. I can trick them on playing Tex cards and marble games,:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:. I would also bully them and make them do what I want...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Alan
29th July 2007, 11:06
I used to ask my mum for Spinach - cos I wanted to be as strong as Popeye!!:)

Peanutz
29th July 2007, 11:21
I used to ask my mum for Spinach - cos I wanted to be as strong as Popeye!!:)

LOL! I used to watched Popeye too and I do sometimes act like OLIVE!!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
My father would see me with a flower in head and will go like...:NoNo: Are you living in your fantasies again or that is one of your new stories?:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
29th July 2007, 11:30
I have eaten BALUT when I was a kid and I remember begging my father to buy me that eggy everytime a balut vendor cross our street. I enjoyed it,(yack! doing anatomy to a chick fetus before eating it:yikes: I was a little girl!:D) and since our oldies told us that it makes you strong, everytime I had one I feel strong (kids fantasies) and I couldn't wait for the next day to come, I feel like I have gained force and power I can fight all the bully kids neighbors. I can trick them on playing Tex cards and marble games,:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:. I would also bully them and make them do what I want...:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'd hate to be the guy who tries to rob you :omg:

bigtombowski
29th July 2007, 12:16
lol

chino
29th December 2007, 01:18
I liked balut.... well yes i was drunk but i would eat it again the fluid on the top is the best bit

Ann07
6th January 2008, 14:52
hmmmmmmmmmm miss balut.yes lots in cebu...:D

eula mackay
6th January 2008, 18:19
this is balut!

Alan
6th January 2008, 18:45
I can't even LOOK at it!!!:NoNo:

Al.:)

aromulus
6th January 2008, 19:12
this is balut!

Field day for Environmental Health Officers from any UK Council........:D

KeithD
6th January 2008, 23:03
Looks like a guys privates with the skin removed :omg:

h0ney_c
7th January 2008, 14:36
Not all Filipinos eat balut. I, myself do not eat it! I'm a filipina but I have never tried to taste / eat balut. I don't even want to see it! Katakot!!! My colleagues have challenged me to try balut several times now but they can't make me try it. That's why I am really cautious when I go out with them, I'm afraid that they might do something just to make me try it. I just don't get it why most filipinos eat such kind of food. Is it considered "food"? :NoNo:

walesrob
7th January 2008, 14:42
Makes me wanna :vomit-smiley-011:

baboyako
8th January 2008, 05:21
that picture caused lots of discussion here :D the consensus of opinion was its a 19day balut. although 18days was a close second :icon_lol: