PDA

View Full Version : Online Travel Group

Scouse
28th October 2008, 21:31
Really fell like this :23_111_9[1]: at the moment.

Had an annual policy through Online Travel Group and they went into administration in September.

I contacted the actual insurance company who say they can't access anything or find any details so can't confirm I hold a policy with them Grrrrr.

Had to buy another policy today as we are going to the Phils next week.

vbkelly
28th October 2008, 21:36

Had an annual policy through Online Travel Group and they went into administration in September.

I contacted the actual insurance company who say they can't access anything or find any details so can't confirm I hold a policy with them Grrrrr.

some travel agency they change their policy with out knowing their customers, just read the small print in your policy what it says

keithAngel
29th October 2008, 04:36

Hi Scouse if you bought it with a credit card you may find that the credit card company will refund you:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Scouse
29th October 2008, 21:21
I did use a credit card back in January but it was only £65.00 so no joy with the card company.

Been in touch with the insurance provider but no guarantees that it is still valid.

Found another on which is better and was £93.00 which includes off piste sking (ready for March) so at least I know I am covered for next week.

The advice is very much appreciated though.

Really looking forward to getting away on the 7th November now. We booked the flights in January and it has seemed such a long wait.

joebloggs
29th October 2008, 21:51
i stopped buying travel insurance when i signed up for a RBS platinum current account years ago, cost me then £15 a month, but you get lot of benefits, one was free travel insurance for me and the family :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
30th October 2008, 01:32
joe have you used the rbs insurance ie a claim? I have the same insurance but some have said who also have it theres a lot of ifs and buts to it. reading the blurb and small print it looks fine to me. But just wondering? Of course it would be useless in phill.

keithAngel
30th October 2008, 01:40
I know what you mean Andy....mine only covers me whilst in bed:D

andypaul
30th October 2008, 01:47
I know what you mean Andy....mine only covers me whilst in bed:D

So if you take your bed on holiday your be ok:xxgrinning--00xx3:

keithAngel
30th October 2008, 02:03
Never leave home without it:rolleyes:

andypaul
30th October 2008, 02:32
so thats what you keep in your pocket mr admin just thought you were pleased to see him

joebloggs
30th October 2008, 20:42
joe have you used the rbs insurance ie a claim? I have the same insurance but some have said who also have it theres a lot of ifs and buts to it. reading the blurb and small print it looks fine to me. But just wondering? Of course it would be useless in phill.

nope, not needed to, but you get small print with all insurance policies, i phoned them up and asked them about it, and they told me it's the same as what i would buy from somewhere else :doh

andypaul
30th October 2008, 20:51
nope, not needed to, but you get small print with all insurance policies, i phoned them up and asked them about it, and they told me it's the same as what i would buy from somewhere else :doh
Comedy gold.

I do know from my understanding that the cover would be only for uk residents in most cases. So those with spouse visas would need further cover.