PDA

View Full Version : UK Border Force Sky One

joebloggs
26th October 2008, 19:23
did anyone watch this series of programs showing immigration officers at work ?

I recorded them all for the last 6wks, but I've only just starting watching them now, some interesting points shown in the shows..

all Immigration data is shared btw other European countries.

it showed a guy in India at the British embassy, applying for a visa, think it was tier1, while interviewing him, another person was checking his evidence, they phoned his bank and asked about deposits going in his account on a certain date, :NoNo: fake bank statement . he was arrested and refused a visa for 10yrs..

also showed a Indian guy coming back to the uk on a student visa, he had been here 3 yrs. the immigration officer was questioning him about his course, he couldn't answer a question on a subject he had got an A in :doh, he said he wasn't working, so the IO phoned his sponsor and asked him what job he was doing, they told him taxi driver, the IO contacted the taxi company and they confirmed he was working full time for them :NoNo:, the guy was pleading with the IO that he had his wife and kid in the UK. he was going to be deported back to India within the 2hrs, but he appealed against the decision and the program said he had been held in a detention centre for 5 days, don't know what happen to him in the end thou..

it showed the border agency raiding places, one place which used agency staff, nearly all 30+ workers were Illegal immigrants.

most of the illegal immigrants they caught, were fingerprinted and pics taken, because of having no where to hold them, they were told to report the next day back to the them, which most did, and then told to report weekly, and everyone of them did a runner never to be seen again :icon_lol: the border agency people are really :censored::cwm23::angry::furious3::Brick: that they catch them and have to let them go, only for them to vanish :NoNo:

if i remember correctly the gov are preparing to change the appeals system, and in many cases it will be quicker, simpler and in many cases it will not be going to AIT. so for many of those who want to delay their exit, will be out of luck soon

baboyako
26th October 2008, 19:53
The GBP is getting renamed to the GBK great britain krona :doh

soon nobody will want to work for kronas and the border force will all be out of a job :Rasp:

flomike
26th October 2008, 20:01
i want to watch that but unfortunatley we just cancelled our sky subscription i think its like the aussie program nothing to declare i used to wacth that before and unfortunately a few filipinos been on the program being deported bec of fake visas etc:NoNo:

mavid
26th October 2008, 20:50
I watched a couple of episodes while I was still there...I find watching it....educational in a sense...because it has given me insights of whats going on. Because I have experienced a 45mins chit chat at the Border last May... I now know what they were doing the whole time lol

It's a big shame I could not watch the whole series tho...coz it did seemed like I could learn a lot from it....like what to avoid or not to say...but then again...All you need is to be Honest!

joebloggs
26th October 2008, 21:00
yes like if your on a visitor visa don't have your cv in your luggage, and don't have any diaries with you, they will read them :yikes:

mavid
26th October 2008, 21:09
True hehehe

KeithD
26th October 2008, 21:40
Always wondered why the cell door in the immigration had the word 'EXIT' on it! :doh

andypaul
26th October 2008, 22:51
yes like if your on a visitor visa don't have your cv in your luggage, and don't have any diaries with you, they will read them :yikes:

So people with say a smartphone/laptop should be careful a diary/calendar and possibly the cv filed away along with other work related docs.

joebloggs
26th October 2008, 23:20
oh yes, because the IO will think your not coming as a visitor but seeking employment, yes don't bring anything connected with employment or you could well be refused entry !!

on the tv program it showed a IO reading the guys diary, cannot remember exactly why, but the guy was a student, and in his dairy he was saying that he needed to find a further part time job, as the money form the first was not enough :doh

IainBusby
27th October 2008, 09:43
did anyone watch this series of programs showing immigration officers at work ?

I recorded them all for the last 6wks, but I've only just starting watching them now, some interesting points shown in the shows..

all Immigration data is shared btw other European countries.

it showed a guy in India at the British embassy, applying for a visa, think it was tier1, while interviewing him, another person was checking his evidence, they phoned his bank and asked about deposits going in his account on a certain date, :NoNo: fake bank statement . he was arrested and refused a visa for 10yrs..

also showed a Indian guy coming back to the uk on a student visa, he had been here 3 yrs. the immigration officer was questioning him about his course, he couldn't answer a question on a subject he had got an A in :doh, he said he wasn't working, so the IO phoned his sponsor and asked him what job he was doing, they told him taxi driver, the IO contacted the taxi company and they confirmed he was working full time for them :NoNo:, the guy was pleading with the IO that he had his wife and kid in the UK. he was going to be deported back to India within the 2hrs, but he appealed against the decision and the program said he had been held in a detention centre for 5 days, don't know what happen to him in the end thou..

it showed the border agency raiding places, one place which used agency staff, nearly all 30+ workers were Illegal immigrants.

most of the illegal immigrants they caught, were fingerprinted and pics taken, because of having no where to hold them, they were told to report the next day back to the them, which most did, and then told to report weekly, and everyone of them did a runner never to be seen again :icon_lol: the border agency people are really :censored::cwm23::angry::furious3::Brick: that they catch them and have to let them go, only for them to vanish :NoNo:

if i remember correctly the gov are preparing to change the appeals system, and in many cases it will be quicker, simpler and in many cases it will not be going to AIT. so for many of those who want to delay their exit, will be out of luck soon

They gave him temporary clearance on compassionate grounds.......

I'll bet he went straight home and got his wife and kids to start packing. They won't see him again. :Bolt::Bolt::Bolt:

IainBusby
27th October 2008, 09:49
There was a female Australian chef on last week who said she was just coming for a holiday and she had all of her chef knives, all of her certificates and several copies of he CV with her. She swore blind she had no intention of seeking employment whilst she was in the UK. :doh

Ann07
27th October 2008, 17:51
That was a really good series and we enjoy watching it :)

tiN
27th October 2008, 23:16
we enjoy watching it also. lots of interesting points come out.