PDA

View Full Version : AOL new webmail

walesrob
23rd October 2008, 20:02
AOL have released a new Beta Version of their webmail. Its called AOL Mail RIA and if you have an account with AOL or AIM, why not check it out at :

http://ria.webmail.aol.com

I think it looks very groovy and it seems very fast compared to other webmail interfaces of Live Mail or Yahoo.

andypaul
23rd October 2008, 21:01
only problem with an AIM account is many people will have blocked them due to the huge about of random @aim.com emails spamming the web world at the moment.

walesrob
23rd October 2008, 22:56
only problem with an AIM account is many people will have blocked them due to the huge about of random @aim.com emails spamming the web world at the moment.

Thats news to me as I get very little spam originating from either AOL or AIM into my other email addresses. Yahoo and Hotmail are the worse offenders for spam (remember the spam doesnt come from Hotmail or Yahoo servers, just forged to look like it has). AOL uses SPF to help reduce spamming and it seems to work. Yahoo use Domain Keys and its pretty useless (very few mail servers reconize DomainKeys), and we all know Hotmail is just useless full stop.

Anyway, back to AOL Ria, its makes good use of Silverlight Technology from Microsoft.

andypaul
24th October 2008, 19:41
Thats news to me as I get very little spam originating from either AOL or AIM into my other email addresses. Yahoo and Hotmail are the worse offenders for spam (remember the spam doesnt come from Hotmail or Yahoo servers, just forged to look like it has). AOL uses SPF to help reduce spamming and it seems to work. Yahoo use Domain Keys and its pretty useless (very few mail servers reconize DomainKeys), and we all know Hotmail is just useless full stop.

Anyway, back to AOL Ria, its makes good use of Silverlight Technology from Microsoft.

Seen loads of @aim.com mails in my spam and into my inbox and quite a few others have in my travels. Started a few weeks back.

We have had customers blocking the @aim.com:omg: due to the problem.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=@aim.com+spams&meta==

walesrob
24th October 2008, 20:10
Seen loads of @aim.com mails in my spam and into my inbox and quite a few others have in my travels. Started a few weeks back.

We have had customers blocking the @aim.com:omg: due to the problem.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=@aim.com+spams&meta==

It all depends on your email provider - but I've used Fastmail, Tuffmail and Google Applications, and I see very little AIM spam.

To be honest though, I don't know anyone who uses AIM.com as email.

andypaul
24th October 2008, 23:11
It all depends on your email provider - but I've used Fastmail, Tuffmail and Google Applications, and I see very little AIM spam.

To be honest though, I don't know anyone who uses AIM.com as email.

Me to. most ends in the spam but i do know of lots of examples recently where @aim.com has been blocked for that exact reason.

So if you do use it, dont expect many replys:D