PDA

View Full Version : big smile=)

tiN
22nd October 2008, 22:00
Hello, hello....:D

Sorry, sorry, for not posting any news about me this past few weeks, ive just been very very busy :doh, but ill give you all an update:smileybigtmouth:

On Sept 28, we travelled to Kendal to attend the Christening of Irene's daughter, Erica and at last in almost a year we've seen each other again. Met new friends called Peter and Love, (they are members here in the forum:) )

October came, i started reading my book for the Life in the UK test. Until now i did not stop holding my books, i almost memorized all the chapters because i was so stressed, literally stressed out on doing my test, so I booked it last week. As the days go by, i felt exhausted waiting for the day of my test:Cuckoo:

Today arrived, were on the way to Dundee where im going to take my test, i was so nervous, especially when we arrived too early for the appointment, (which is surprising to me:D). when the time came, it was really nerve racking waiting for the testing, i was glad that i spotted this nice lady who was a Filipino. And for the first time since i lived in Scotland i can say that there are a few Filipino that will be nice to me.:doh We had our little chat on our way in the room and learned that we are just living a few miles apart :REDancedancer08:.

As we took the test my heart was palpating fast as normal, and my hands were sweating, as i took the test and finished it, waiting is a very very hard time, because as if we are waiting for the verdict of the jury:icon_lol:
When they called out my name, with a big grin on the supervisor's face and saying at the same time!
CONGRATULATIONS YOUVE PASSED THE TEST:icon_win::REDancedancer08:
Thank God for that i was so relieved I called my husband to tell him that i'd passed it, and to my surprise he bought me a nice denim jacket that we had spotted before the test:REDancedancer08:

As to my husband thank you for all the support, im very proud of my Mr. Jock:Kilt::Kilt::4::love18:

And thats me im not really happy am i?:Erm::D:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

This is the Kilt whirling husband here, I'm very proud of my little pocket rocket Cristina, love her to bits xxx :Hellooo::Yippeee:

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 22:26
well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

a bit of advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get it photocopied, if your applying for ILR, i've heard of a growing number of people who didn't get their cert back :yikes:

and you need it to apply for citizenship, and if the gov don't do something about this, you may well have to take the test again :yikes: :censored: :Brick: :Help1:

from http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/checkingservice/

We need the original evidence of your knowledge of life in the UK. These documents will not be photocopied by the local authority. We will return any original educational certificates by recorded delivery. Your letter about your life in the UK test will be retained by us as part of your application

:yikes:i don't know if a photocopy will do, but i've scanned the misses cert, and the problem is that the scans are so good, i don't know which is the original :doh

andypaul
22nd October 2008, 22:45

a bit of advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
get it photocopied, if your applying for ILR, i've heard of a growing number of people who didn't get their cert back :yikes:

and you need it to apply for citizenship, and if the gov don't do something about this, you may well have to take the test again :yikes: :censored: :Brick: :Help1:

We need the original evidence of your knowledge of life in the UK. These documents will not be photocopied by the local authority. We will return any original educational certificates by recorded delivery. Your letter about your life in the UK test will be retained by us as part of your application

:yikes:i don't know if a photocopy will do, but i've scanned the misses cert, and the problem is that the scans are so good, i don't know which is the original :doh
Congrats to you Tin:xxgrinning--00xx3: Well Done and Joes advice is spot on

Copy it and if you can scan it and store it away.

After all the hard work and money you dont want to lose proof you passed.

I belive most are printed out so i think a decent copy no one will know the difference and somewhere it must be on file surely:Erm:

joebloggs
22nd October 2008, 22:56
yes it would be, but it states they need to see it :NoNo:

looks like a bit of a problem the lunatics at lunar house have kept some of them, when people have applied for ILR !!..

surely if you have ILR in the last couple of years you must have done the life in uk test, so why ask for it again :action-smiley-081:

alicat
23rd October 2008, 08:10
congrats...well done

tiN
23rd October 2008, 10:08
and i want to thank you all for all the advices...
as i told to the supervisor yesterday, i will guard my certificate with all my life..hahaha
because i dont want to experienced again what i experienced yesterday:doh..
thanks...

Ann07
23rd October 2008, 11:26
Well done tin:)

Did you took the test at pitman's?:)

Ann07
23rd October 2008, 11:27

You are great joebloggs:D haven't thought of that. Thanks po:)

DianaKevy
23rd October 2008, 12:01
congratulations Tin :) it will be a long way for me to take the UK test.... oh well...it will just come....;)

aug06_2006
23rd October 2008, 15:05
Congratz Tin..oh god! am starting get nervous na coz I'll take the test this coming 1st week of Nov. am prayin n hoping that i can pass also.

Ann07
23rd October 2008, 15:11
Congratz Tin..oh god! am starting get nervous na coz I'll take the test this coming 1st week of Nov. am prayin n hoping that i can pass also.

Wow really! goodluck po:) Stay calm i know u will pass the exam:)

Frances
23rd October 2008, 18:08
Congratulations! : )

tiN
23rd October 2008, 18:18
Well done tin:)

Did you took the test at pitman's?:)

Thanks Ann:)

I took my test in Dundee,at the Overgate learning center. It is too far to pitmans if im going to take the test there.

I'll be going to wait until January 08 to send my application. I hope it will be good news just like yesterday.:D

tiN
23rd October 2008, 18:21
congratulations Tin :) it will be a long way for me to take the UK test.... oh well...it will just come....;)

thanks...

dont think about the test yet,:D
enjoy...

tiN
23rd October 2008, 18:24

Thanks..:)I hope you will be fine...Goodluck po:)

tiN
23rd October 2008, 18:25
Congratulations! : )

Thanks...:)

vbkelly
23rd October 2008, 20:33
Hello, hello....:D

Sorry, sorry, for not posting any news about me this past few weeks, ive just been very very busy :doh, but ill give you all an update:smileybigtmouth:

On Sept 28, we travelled to Kendal to attend the Christening of Irene's daughter, Erica and at last in almost a year we've seen each other again. Met new friends called Peter and Love, (they are members here in the forum:) )

October came, i started reading my book for the Life in the UK test. Until now i did not stop holding my books, i almost memorized all the chapters because i was so stressed, literally stressed out on doing my test, so I booked it last week. As the days go by, i felt exhausted waiting for the day of my test:Cuckoo:

Today arrived, were on the way to Dundee where im going to take my test, i was so nervous, especially when we arrived too early for the appointment, (which is surprising to me:D). when the time came, it was really nerve racking waiting for the testing, i was glad that i spotted this nice lady who was a Filipino. And for the first time since i lived in Scotland i can say that there are a few Filipino that will be nice to me.:doh We had our little chat on our way in the room and learned that we are just living a few miles apart :REDancedancer08:.

As we took the test my heart was palpating fast as normal, and my hands were sweating, as i took the test and finished it, waiting is a very very hard time, because as if we are waiting for the verdict of the jury:icon_lol:
When they called out my name, with a big grin on the supervisor's face and saying at the same time!
CONGRATULATIONS YOUVE PASSED THE TEST:icon_win::REDancedancer08:
Thank God for that i was so relieved I called my husband to tell him that i'd passed it, and to my surprise he bought me a nice denim jacket that we had spotted before the test:REDancedancer08:

As to my husband thank you for all the support, im very proud of my Mr. Jock:Kilt::Kilt::4::love18:

And thats me im not really happy am i?:Erm::D:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

This is the Kilt whirling husband here, I'm very proud of my little pocket rocket Cristina, love her to bits xxx :Hellooo::Yippeee:

congratz tin!

tiN
23rd October 2008, 21:00
tnx vbkelly..:)