PDA

View Full Version : BA

KeithD
16th August 2006, 12:07
Lost 5,000 bags :icon_lol:

What an advertisment for our national carrier :doh

A_flyer
16th August 2006, 13:59
Good I never use BA to travel... well, I travelled once only with them because of a flight cancelled. It was when it was easy to go thru Heathrow. It's no more the case...

KeithD
16th August 2006, 15:16
...and no more cases either :icon_lol:

Pauldo
16th August 2006, 19:35
Am I remembering wrongly, or was it BA who asked people to bring their own packed lunch on the plane, because they had fired their caterers, last year sometime? Just imagine, bringing your sarnies and a flask of coffee, and they whip 'em off you just as you board the plane; "sorry sir, no liquids or foods allowed in the cabin, terrorism control".

A_flyer
17th August 2006, 06:45
Lost 5,000 bags :icon_lol:

What an advertisment for our national carrier :doh
I just heard at the news that it's not 5000 bags lost in Heathrow ... but 20000 :yikes: Surely a world record!

scotsfiancee
17th August 2006, 07:23
20000 :yikes: Surely a world record!

20,000 bags....:bigcry:
BA admitted its service would not be back to normal until Friday.

URi
17th August 2006, 07:52
20,000 bags....:bigcry:
BA admitted its service would not be back to normal until Friday.
Which Friday? One in 2055? :D

scotsfiancee
17th August 2006, 08:09
Of course this week!!:doh

URi
17th August 2006, 10:11
Didn't expect they get the 20,000 bags straight till Friday this week :D

KeithD
17th August 2006, 12:02
Mind you, at least our airports don't collapse like they do in France :icon_lol:

A_flyer
17th August 2006, 12:49
Mind you, at least our airports don't collapse like they do in France :icon_lol:
Tsssss............ :action-smiley-060:

A_flyer
17th August 2006, 12:50
Of course this week!!:doh
When you see how long it take to recover one lost luggage, really no chance!

scotsfiancee
18th August 2006, 08:17
http://www.sanfords.net/Spots_free_graphics/Transportation/incoming_plane.gif Let's fly with BA in our future flights:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

KeithD
18th August 2006, 09:25
That pic is making me air sick!

scotsfiancee
18th August 2006, 09:45
Ahh.. do i have to make it colorful?:D actually that pic makes me :vomit-smiley-011:

http://www.sanfords.net/Spots_free_graphics/Miscellaneous/eyescan.gif

A_flyer
18th August 2006, 09:57
With the mess ay Heathrow, I think that a lot of travellers in transit will avoid London...

URi
18th August 2006, 16:39
That pic is making me air sick!
That one better?

http://www.mainview.de/images/icons/flyer.gif

andypaul
18th August 2006, 18:37
Travelled though Heathrow on Tuesday with BA to CDG. Had to get there earlier (our decision) BA i have to say had there act together better than KLM who had what looked like the ultimate in nightmare queues.

We sailed though the Security its mainly idiots turning up with the wrong size bag or leaving banned items in there hand luggage. Which are causing the problems, at the end of the day lack of knowledge of the law is no defence. We had emails and two leaflets handed to us plus signs and the new metal bin like units to check the hand luggage was of the correct size. Yet stupid idiots still queued up to enter airside with huge bags grrr.

On the return at CDG the security was umm bizzare with a check of the tickets by the police who when he noticed that my wifes passport had been stamped as departing cdg the day before just shrugged his shoulders and let us though no questions asked (plane was cancelled the night before due to weather and put up in a very nice hotel for the evening with a free meal allowance of 28 francs and choice of when to fly the next day by BA).
THe 2nd bag search as we stepped onto the plane consisted of a moody guy strubbling to ask my wife what her phone was!! So i stepped in and said she had better to switch it on to prove its a working phone.
I did the same with mine he then looked at the pda and put it back down again with out checking it or taking out of leather case. He also missed my wifes other phone used for her globe sim.

I have no great love for Heathrow or BA but other major airports seem to be just as rubbish at the moment.

My advice would be don't fly for the next few months if you want nice smooth transfers. It looks like all airports are going to up security as at CDG today(Friday) there was a far more noticable security presence compared to even thursday night unless they all go home early!!b

A_flyer
18th August 2006, 19:10
a free meal allowance of 28 francs
28 Euros, no more francs since january 2002.

with 28FRF, you would not buy even a sandwich at the airport!

andypaul
18th August 2006, 19:11
28 Euros, no more francs since january 2002.

with 28FRF, you would not buy even a sandwich at the airport!

whoops i kept saying francs instead of euros, while in fance too must be going crazy!!