PDA

View Full Version : new member

john sergison
13th August 2006, 16:33
hello to all you fellow philippine lovers.

i have met my future wife last year and have experienced our beloved embassy in manila when alona had her first application for fiancee visa refused. after looking at everything i know that they were maybe correct to refuse it. We will apply again soon and hopefully be passed. If not what is the general feeling that getting married in philippines and then applying for spouse visa will be sucessful.
We have everything now except the covering letter that i need to write.
Any advise on the content so as not to fill it with garbage.
I cannot be there for her interview this time bec i have been there3 times in 1 year already.

good luck to all applicants
dont let the embassy grind you down
john:Help1:

russ01539
13th August 2006, 16:44
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

You will find all manner of great advise from members who have been thru every stage of the visa process. Including myself. (My fiance arrived here May 2006 - we get married next Saturday - and apply for marriage visa Sept 31st).

You did not say why you were refused in the past, so I cant advise where you went wrong until you give us something to go on. After all you dont want to be making the same mistake twice.

As for your covering letter, we were advised that mine was one of the strongest most informative they had read, and on that basis plus all the other evidence we submitted my fiance didnt need an interview !

All I did was take the advice boklet issued by the Home Office - the one that advises what documentation they require. About 2 pages into this booklet is a list of items that should be addressed in the covering letter...

I took each seperate issue and explained fully what they wanted to hear (know). I also referred in the letter to items of evidence within our file to prove the various points they needed to know. Mail me your address and I will happily send you a copy of my letter - with all the personal blanks in place of course for your own personal details.

Good luck with your second application.

Eljohno
13th August 2006, 17:39
hello to all you fellow philippine lovers.

i have met my future wife last year and have experienced our beloved embassy in manila when alona had her first application for fiancee visa refused. after looking at everything i know that they were maybe correct to refuse it. We will apply again soon and hopefully be passed. If not what is the general feeling that getting married in philippines and then applying for spouse visa will be sucessful.
We have everything now except the covering letter that i need to write.
Any advise on the content so as not to fill it with garbage.
I cannot be there for her interview this time bec i have been there3 times in 1 year already.

good luck to all applicants
dont let the embassy grind you down
john:Help1:

Check out Pete's site as he has an example of a covering letter that i used and changed a little which the embassy accepted.

http://www.british-filipino.com

ginapeterb
13th August 2006, 19:11
A suggested covering letter should look as follows:

Addressed to ECO dealing with applicant : Miss. xxxxxx

A Historical timeline of relationship between applicant and Sponsor.

Our current plans, and intentions in the United Kingdom.

Sponsor's Financial situation and ability to support Applicant.

Accomodation arrangements for the Applicant in UK

Summary and Concluding paragraph.