PDA

View Full Version : Cheap stuff in Britain...

srvfan
12th October 2008, 17:12
that are costly in Manila?

My customer's answer:
1. Internet access

What about T-shirts, souvenir items, electronic equipment, others?

eljean
12th October 2008, 17:27
most of them are made in china:bigcry:

Jay&Zobel
12th October 2008, 18:57

My customer's answer:
1. Internet access

clothes from primark or asda :NoNo:
made in india & china :bigcry:

aromulus
12th October 2008, 19:01
Jet is collecting £1-2 pounds bits and bobs to send over in a balikbayan box before Xmas.....:D

I give up........ :NoNo:

joebloggs
12th October 2008, 19:31
Jet is collecting £1-2 pounds bits and bobs to send over in a balikbayan box before Xmas.....:D

if you've got a tk maxx shop near you, http://www.tkmaxx.com/

they usually have electronic gadgets as well as clothes, kids toys etc.. fairly cheap, i bought a gigantic universal remote control, that near impossible to lose , near 1ft long and 3inches wide, big buttons on, so old people can use it easily :D for £5 the other day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
12th October 2008, 19:37

The Missus does that and gets cheap cosmetics and smellies from work. Im not sure if she is going for a balikbayan box or a 40ft walk container at present.
But untill she decides and packs them all to be sent off, I could do with some space so i can breath out while at home.
I literaly have to pop out for some air otherwise my rib cage might snap due to lack of room:NoNo:

andypaul
12th October 2008, 19:41
if you've got a tk maxx shop near you, http://www.tkmaxx.com/

they usually have electronic gadgets as well as clothes, kids toys etc.. fairly cheap, i bought a gigantic universal remote control, that near impossible to lose , near 1ft long and 3inches wide, big buttons on, so old people can use it easily :D for £5 the other day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

When the missus first got here three years back i showed her the local tk max and it was a bit chaotic so we avoided it.

The other week we went in it and found it had an upstairs it was like some mad old curoisty shop (how freaky i gotta walk past the real one tomorrow) but i have to say im glad i didn't buy a wlking stick in there might be on a charge now:D

That looks like its due a visit for the grand filling of the box back to phills

joebloggs
12th October 2008, 20:01
i just like the electronic gadgets they have, similar to what the gadget shop use to sell b4 they went bump , but from more well known brands

andypaul
12th October 2008, 20:20
i just like the electronic gadgets they have, similar to what the gadget shop use to sell b4 they went bump , but from more well known brands

Snap we also have a shop toys for boys or something like that nearby loads of very useful gadgets

Jay&Zobel
13th October 2008, 20:43
Pound Shop! hehe

Lidl? ALdi? hehe...

or go to Carboot Sale on Sundays? Toink!

doonat
22nd October 2008, 21:24
mobile phones, digicam, LCD tv and other gadgets are cheap here. also Pound Land or 99p Stores

mavid
24th October 2008, 09:53
Clothes shopping is definitely cheaper in the Philippines...i found that Toiletries i.e. shower gels are cheaper in Britain and definitely more varieties.

jimeve
24th October 2008, 20:46
Clothes, shoes,transport, food, BOOZE, property,gas,tax lol Cheaper in phills.

Electrical items, Cheaper in U.K. :)

srvfan
27th October 2008, 16:56
^^Including guitar??? I could get an authentic Fender Strat for less? I'm looking for the most coveted Eric Johnson 1952 Sunburst Strat. Here in the PI it's around Php52,000, and always sold out!!!

What about Eric Clapton's Blackie?

vbkelly
27th October 2008, 16:59

My customer's answer:
1. Internet access

there is no cheap stuff in britain to be honest

vbkelly
27th October 2008, 17:01
even charity shops here are expensive

anview
27th October 2008, 23:47
:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
even charity shops here are expensive

anview
27th October 2008, 23:48
99p store or Poundland:Erm::Erm:

wrigglybum
10th November 2008, 15:56
Dont forget'' POUND STRETCHER''....some of ther stuff were lower than 99p:icon_lol:

ervenescence
10th November 2008, 22:38
Cars are cheaper here and still in excellent condition.
Cars in the Philippines are darer, eventhough its used, 10 owners, no aircon, no tax, no insurance, broken window, rusty doors, lots of faulty, and it still expensive!