PDA

View Full Version : Mindanao newsbreak!!!

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 04:43
Kidnapped mother rescued, son and 5 others killed in Jolo
08/13 10:02:09 AM

JOLO (AP) - Security forces rescued a businesswoman and killed four suspected militants who last month allegedly kidnapped the woman and her son, whose headless body was discovered Saturday, an army officer said.

A police officer also was killed and two others were wounded in the clash with the gunmen, who were suspected members of the al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf group, on the outskirts of southern Jolo town, Col. Pablo Lorenzo said.

Lorenzo said the head and body of the 27-year-old son of Jackylyn Selvin were found separately outside Jolo town center earlier Saturday.

Soldiers and police in pursuit caught up with the kidnappers later, killing four and rescuing the woman after a gunfight, Lorenzo said, giving no other details.

** Either MILF or Abu Sayyaf group, crazy people:cwm23: :cwm23: !! they want to rule the whole mindanao**they should die:NEW4: :NEW4:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 09:08
I think the Philippines should do what the UK has done, and give each of the 3 main islands it's own parliament, with an allocation to muslim seats in Mindanao relating to population %.

That takes the reasoning out of the terrorists hands, as it is then up to the people who controls what.

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:14
No i am not agree to that Keith.....I dont like muslims to rule Mindanao Island!!!! they should go back to their land...If i am a president in PI i will send ferries,planes to take them back to Iraq..:cwm23: :Erm:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 09:19
Why should they go back? That is racism, and what causes the problems in the first place....otherwise we would have kicked the catholics out of N Ireland with that attitude.....

Who said they would rule? I said a joint parliament, same as we (sort of) have in N Ireland, based on people voting.

A_flyer
13th August 2006, 09:20
If i am a president in PI i will send ferries,planes to take them back to Iraq..
I thought these muslins where Filipinos?
If I follow you, why not to send back all the Christians to Spain so?

A_flyer
13th August 2006, 09:22
Why should they go back? That is racism, and what causes the problems in the first place....
agreed at 100%

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:26
Im sure they wont do that.You didn't know how muslims(mindanao) exactly they are, their ways, traits! have you've been heard about Marawi City?

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:28
I thought these muslins where Filipinos?
If I follow you, why not to send back all the Christians to Spain so?
Just a comment:rolleyes:

KeithD
13th August 2006, 09:29
The reason people don't like each other (apart from politicians driving a wedge between communities) is that people do not take the time to understand each other.

We have people in the UK who tell Filipino's to go home, so why should you lot be here then? Because most of us have taken the time to understand what kind of people you are, and love you for who you are, and your culture.......rather than that brown skinned jungle bunny!!

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:32
I know what you are talking in here. But i am telling you about the muslims its different from what you had say now

A_flyer
13th August 2006, 09:32
Im sure they wont do that.You didn't know how muslims(mindanao) exactly they are, their ways, traits! have you've been heard about Marawi City?
We in Europe knows well muslins...

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 09:34
I know them well here too

KeithD
13th August 2006, 10:29
To be honest, the muslims are the peaceful folk, it is the Catholics that started the slaughter of them centuries ago, and seems to have continued to present day.

Eljohno
13th August 2006, 10:51
The reason people don't like each other (apart from politicians driving a wedge between communities) is that people do not take the time to understand each other.

We have people in the UK who tell Filipino's to go home, so why should you lot be here then? Because most of us have taken the time to understand what kind of people you are, and love you for who you are, and your culture.......rather than that brown skinned jungle bunny!!

Well said Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
13th August 2006, 10:57
Different views, but i respect it whatever it is

scotsfiancee
17th August 2006, 12:28
Man with 6,000 blasting caps nabbed at Jolo ferry terminal

Alert extended to Zamboanga port

By Ed General
Agence France-Presse, Inquirer, Associated Press
Last updated 06:49pm (Mla time) 08/17/2006

JOLO, Sulu -- (3RD UPDATE) Philippine Marines on Thursday morning arrested a man carrying a backpack filled with 6,000 blasting caps onboard a ferry docked at the port here, officials said.

"Those could have helped trigger a horrific explosion causing many civilian casualties," southern Philippines military spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Susthenes Valcorza told Agence France-Presse (AFP).

Mayor Alkramer Izquierdo said Roy Abdul, a resident of Barangay Tulay here, was “acting suspicious,” prompting the soldiers to inspect his bag.

But Marine Major Hernani Songgano, who heads the Jolo Internal Defense Force, said Roy Abdul was the alias used by Modjahirin Malik, 45, an alleged member of the Moro National Liberation Front, to buy his ferry ticket. He could face charges of illegal possession of explosive materials.

Malik was taken into custody while maritime police threw a security cordon around the terminal.

The alert was extended to Zamboanga, from where the M/V Queen Emily had sailed on Wednesday night, port authorities said.

Songgano said Malik was likely aware of what he was carrying because he initially refused inspection.

An unidentified woman who allegedly brought most of the cargo onto the ferry disappeared, he said. He said there will be more stringent inspection of female passengers and their cargo as a result of the seizure.

A search of his clothing also found what "appeared to be a detonation cord" in one of his pockets, police said.

The M/V Queen Emilia ferry was cleared of passengers and crew and the suspect backpack moved to an empty lot at the port, where bomb-sniffing dogs confirmed the presence of explosives components.

The ferry, which carries about a hundred passengers, makes overnight runs to Jolo from the southern city of Zamboanga, where the suspect had come from.

But at the Jolo Police Station where he was detained, Malik denied owning the bag, claiming a friend had left it with him.

"It was left by a friend who told me to watch over the bag because he had to go to the ticketing office," Malik said.

Jolo is a stronghold of the Abu Sayyaf, a militant Islamic group with alleged ties to foreign Muslim cells accused of terrorist attacks.The Abu Sayyaf was blamed for the firebombing of a ferry on Manila Bay in February 2004 that claimed more than 100 lives.

Last month two policemen and an Abu Sayyaf suspect were killed in a firefight at Zamboanga port's passenger terminal after metal detectors found a gun in a suspect's luggage. Three other police officers were wounded.