PDA

View Full Version : Aj Global

vbkelly
9th October 2008, 23:04
Philippine embassy issues warning for remitters to check the company they are dealing with. since juneof 2008 and to date, the embassy has been recieving complaints from Filipinos against AJ GLOBAL,a remittance agency based in London, for its repeated failure to deliver or forward sender money to their intended beneficiaries in the philippines.

Most of the complaints came from the agency's regular customers who availed of the "online bank to bank service" of the agency by depositing the money intended for remittance directly to the agency's bank account.

the embassy is making this announcement based on the written and verbal complaints of filipinos against AJ global. they alleged that they are victims of abuse of trust since the agency continues to maintain an account in barclays and recieve cash deposits for remittance despite the fact that they have failed to remit since june of 2008.

Tish
9th October 2008, 23:19
I'm glad I don't use this company anymore :omg:

I used to just hand my money to a guy who works at Tesco (he's an agent for AJ Global) as it's convenient :NoNo:

My husband thinks I'm mad for doing it (handing him my hard earned cash in and envelope), but I find it easy then :doh

Now I do it online through PNB (Europe). Much easier and safer (I think:Erm:)

Tish

andypaul
10th October 2008, 19:27
I'm glad I don't use this company anymore :omg:

I used to just hand my money to a guy who works at Tesco (he's an agent for AJ Global) as it's convenient :NoNo:

My husband thinks I'm mad for doing it (handing him my hard earned cash in and envelope), but I find it easy then :doh

Now I do it online through PNB (Europe). Much easier and safer (I think:Erm:)

Tish

Much safer I would agree.

Having only experienced remittance companies since 2004. I couldn't belive the lack of regulation. You basically hope your money gets there:omg:
several times it was possible the money we had could have been claimed by the company and when i looked at it we didn't have a leg to stand on it was only the respective companies good will which meant it got there in the end.

Its a shame the phill embassy on behalf of the nation and the British goverment dont set up some sort of scheme with regulation if possible.

Not a good time to try with all the other chaos going on.

PNB and such organsations do seem a lot safer (well as banks go at the moment:D)