PDA

View Full Version : Visa application approved - after 6 months!

PeterB
8th October 2008, 17:25
At long last, I received a call from the Bureau of Immigration in Davao, on Monday (Oct 6), to say that my visa application has been approved. Tomorrow I will go to collect my probationary spouse visa, which will have to be renewed in 12 months time (to become permanent). My application was submitted on April 5.

I am told that most applications are currently being returned within 4 to 5 weeks. Why did mine take so long? Probably because I collected the application forms and guidance notes on Feb 20, and then worked on all the requirements ready to submit the application. Unfortunately, the procedures were revised in March 1, so the process I used was out of date by the time my application went in.

Anyway, it's all sorted now and I can progress my plans with less doubts about my future status.

I honestly don't know what I would have done had my visa been refused - I have no property of any kind in the UK - all my belongings are here, together with the houses and farmlands Ruby and I have purchased.

Piamed
8th October 2008, 19:02
Fantastic news Peter. How i envy you!

kimmi
8th October 2008, 19:05
well done mate..:) That's a great news..

PAT
9th October 2008, 01:21
Great news peterB!!!...hope mine will be as great as yours...congrats!

menchkin
9th October 2008, 10:07
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

DianaKevy
9th October 2008, 11:18
congratulations to you! :) so when are you planning to fly over?

alicat
9th October 2008, 13:13
great news..congratulations

marylen
9th October 2008, 13:42
congrats

aug06_2006
9th October 2008, 16:20
thas a brilliant news!

PeterB
9th October 2008, 18:01
Thanks for all the replies.

In reply to DianaKevy:
I've been here for 10 months already - I don't need to 'fly over'. Perhaps I didn't make it quite clear that I'm a guy from the UK, married to Ruby, and living here in Tagum. My visa is one granting me the status of permanent resident in the Philippines.

I did go to collect my visa today, just to be told that the Atty who was expected to visit, and who will be the one to sign my visa, didn't actually make it to Davao today. I guess that I'll be driving to Davao again tomorrow! :(

Unlike UK visas, where you just sit back and wait for your passport to be returned with the visa affixed, the approval of my application is just that - approval. I find that I have to pay another 9000 pesos, complete several more forms and an(other) affidavit, submit them in triplicate (some need five copies), supply 18 id photos, etc. Then I can get my visa, and my i-card (yes, Phils has already implemented an identity card to be carried by foreign nationals with resident status).

lunaloves7
9th October 2008, 18:07
congrats!!!! you made it... My name is Luna from Cebu. I'm not an active member here but my fiancee wants me to be online here. Now i realized that i can get inspiration from you... I know how happy you are now!

where is your hubby from of you dont mind? :-)

DianaKevy
9th October 2008, 21:04
Thanks for all the replies.

In reply to DianaKevy:
I've been here for 10 months already - I don't need to 'fly over'. Perhaps I didn't make it quite clear that I'm a guy from the UK, married to Ruby, and living here in Tagum. My visa is one granting me the status of permanent resident in the Philippines.

I did go to collect my visa today, just to be told that the Atty who was expected to visit, and who will be the one to sign my visa, didn't actually make it to Davao today. I guess that I'll be driving to Davao again tomorrow! :(

Unlike UK visas, where you just sit back and wait for your passport to be returned with the visa affixed, the approval of my application is just that - approval. I find that I have to pay another 9000 pesos, complete several more forms and an(other) affidavit, submit them in triplicate (some need five copies), supply 18 id photos, etc. Then I can get my visa, and my i-card (yes, Phils has already implemented an identity card to be carried by foreign nationals with resident status).

oh im sorry about that peter. i didnt know but now i know :P anyway best of luck to you both.

jbt
10th October 2008, 17:26
Congratulations !!! Great News...

PeterB
12th October 2008, 03:30
where is your hubby from of you dont mind? :-)

I AM the hubby - I came from Reading, not far from London.

Ruby (my wife) is from Asuncion, near Tagum.

PeterB
12th October 2008, 03:37
Okay, I did get the visa stamp in my passport on Friday, so my one year temporary period has started. In nine months I have to begin the process of converting it to a permanent visa.

In the meantime, I'm now waiting for my i-card to be processed - this has involved the submission of more application forms (in triplicate), an affidavit, lots of photocopies of various pages of my passport etc. Apparently it will take three to five months for the i-card to be produced.

andypaul
12th October 2008, 14:18
Okay, I did get the visa stamp in my passport on Friday, so my one year temporary period has started. In nine months I have to begin the process of converting it to a permanent visa.

In the meantime, I'm now waiting for my i-card to be processed - this has involved the submission of more application forms (in triplicate), an affidavit, lots of photocopies of various pages of my passport etc. Apparently it will take three to five months for the i-card to be produced.
Congrats and wow that I card must be a labour of love 3 to 5 months.

The British goverment better see if they can headhunt the phill id card people:D

joebloggs
12th October 2008, 14:41
supply 18 id photos, etc.

:doh 18 photos :yikes: , looks like there will be an extra 17 pinoy looking peteb's in the phils soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:D

i take it you not missing the Uk pete? it's a sunny day up north :Hellooo:

sneaker23
12th October 2008, 14:54
sounds great there peter!

18 photos! whoah! never had given that much

PeterB
12th October 2008, 17:26
Sunny. but cold? It's been in the 30s today, as it is most days, but we did have very heavy rain for about 30 mins. Ruby decided that she would take the shampoo and soap outside, rather than using the shower!

No, I'm not missing the UK at all!

LEAHnew
13th October 2008, 02:24
Mabuhay :Hellooo::Hellooo: Kabayan:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Congratulation :xxgrinning--00xx3: