PDA

View Full Version : first visit it's booked !

les_taxi
7th October 2008, 20:03
well at long last (20months)! i am off to meet leslady888:)
i travel on the 20th oct to davao and return 4th nov.i can't wait its going to be amazing.i will post full story of our meeting,holiday etc when i return,hope it makes great reading:)

misscarie
7th October 2008, 20:48
i travel on the 20th oct to davao and return 4th nov.i can't wait its going to be amazing.i will post full story of our meeting,holiday etc when i return,hope it makes great reading:)

Goodluck to you lestaxi and i know that you will enjoy ur trip in phils specially you will see leslady upclose and personal...first meeting is unforgettable :) God Bless you ... have a safe Journey.

Mrs.JMajor
7th October 2008, 21:08
:ARsurrender: <<<<<<<<<< Filipino flag ...(meaning welcome to PI):Erm: don't have PI flag eh,:icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2008, 21:41
good luck!

andypaul
7th October 2008, 22:06
Great News les for the both of you. 20 months is a long time and shows great comittment on both sides.

May I wish you a safe journey and a wonderful time together you both certainly deserve it

The saying the "best things come to those who wait" seems to be true in this case:)

cruisingkerry
7th October 2008, 23:42
Have a fantastic and safe trip Les, hope everything is how you want it to be

K xx

PAT
8th October 2008, 03:31
Good luck and enjoy your trip!

menchkin
8th October 2008, 04:03
Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay in Davao. :)

amyburple
8th October 2008, 05:07
GOD BLESS YOU and have fun on your TRIP.... Enjoy the moment and make the most of it...:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
8th October 2008, 07:44
have a safe trip..enjoy

PeterB
8th October 2008, 07:47
Well done, Les - just a little late to tie in exactly with LesLady's booked leave! I look forward to seeing you both together, very soon! :)

aromulus
8th October 2008, 07:49

Don't forget to pack the "Imodium".....:rolleyes:

Just in case........:D

Better safe than sorry......:icon_lol:

Apart from that.... Have anice one.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

missmiles
8th October 2008, 08:26
Don't forget to pack the "Imodium".....:rolleyes:

Just in case........:D

Better safe than sorry......:icon_lol:

Apart from that.... Have anice one.......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes better safe than sorry... Small box of emergency medicine hehehe :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

missmiles
8th October 2008, 08:27
Enjoy you TRIP...

vbkelly
8th October 2008, 09:20

goodluck and have a safe journey

LEAHnew
8th October 2008, 11:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Have a safetrip Lestaxi1:)
You didn't beat my kukupos record he made it after 24 months:D
Anyway he'll be back again here, departing Birmingham on 20th of oct as well:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

missmiles
8th October 2008, 15:22
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Have a safetrip Lestaxi1:)
You didn't beat my kukupos record he made it after 24 months:D
Anyway he'll be back again here, departing Birmingham on 20th of oct as well:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

wow 24 hmmmm that's too long :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
8th October 2008, 17:53
Do NOT drink TAP WATER! or have ICE in your drinks!

les_taxi
8th October 2008, 17:59
thanks for all your good wishes and advice,immodium definitely and will try not to get ice in drinks. :yikes:

Sconnie
8th October 2008, 18:24
Have a great time, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy

Best wishes to you both.

Mrs Daddy
8th October 2008, 18:26
bon voyage my friend!:)

Scouse
8th October 2008, 18:51
Good luck and enjoy.

lizaphil
8th October 2008, 19:28
good luck,

keithAngel
9th October 2008, 03:58
Just a personal note I have had no stomache probs in two weeks here and im using the tap water to make coffee and clean my teeth buying refils at water points for 1peso a litre for drinking though

aug06_2006
9th October 2008, 16:30
Good luck, enjoy ur holiday n have a safe flight.

anview
12th October 2008, 01:40
dont forget to visit JacksRidge and Samal Island and to try Durian ;-)

les_taxi
12th October 2008, 02:07
dont forget to visit JacksRidge and Samal Island and to try Durian ;-)

but not balut:yikes::icon_lol:

PeterB
12th October 2008, 03:50
We harvested a couple of hundred durian yesterday - now looking for a buyer. We should still have some to harvest when you arrive!

Jack's Ridge is well worth a visit, as is Samal. I would also suggest Eden and the Eagle Centre.

Apparently, this is the first year that the durian trees have born fruit (only about 50 of the 500 trees) - next year we can expect a huge harvest

anview
14th October 2008, 01:00
but not balut:yikes::icon_lol:
why not?:icon_lol:

sneaker23
14th October 2008, 01:21
wow! i can see you're all smiles lestaxi! :-D

you're better off than I do.. I havent visited davao though im just here in PI.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your stay here in PI

PS.

I dont like balut either.... but you should love penoy! ;-)

aposhark
14th October 2008, 07:43
Have a great trip and have fun :D

Les_lady888
14th October 2008, 13:24

Oh yes finally!!! Les and I will meet for the first time...wooh!!!!.....How does it feel? :BouncyHappy::cwm12::REDancedancer08::Yippeee::Yippeee: :cwm12: :cwm29::cwm12: :peepwall: :Help1: ...Now I panic!:icon_lol:

We already planned this meeting in October and I had always been excited as the date is getting near. Although there were some changes on the scheduled holiday date but still I am so happy that he was finally able to book his flight on Oct 20 and not in November.

When he showed me his paid ticket....well, Im kind of.....blank and then I said OMG!!! :omg:He is finally coming!!! Oh my!!!:BouncyHappy:...then I start to panic coz I have not prepared our itineraries and holiday activities yet :D and Im starting to have butterflies and goose bumps hahaha

For those who wished the best for us, thanks so much! Les and I will sure have a nice holiday together!:REDancedancer08: Jeeze, indeed I am so excited now....one week more and we will be together!!! Oh my, I wonder how we will be on our very first day of meeting :Erm: ....Should I initiate shaking hands? :icon_lol: :D

Sim11UK
14th October 2008, 14:42
Good luck! to the pair of you. I'm really envious, as I just got back from the Phils. sunday night. :bigcry:

Les_lady888
14th October 2008, 14:56
Well done, Les - just a little late to tie in exactly with LesLady's booked leave! I look forward to seeing you both together, very soon! :)

We look forward to see you too Peter. Maybe on his first week here, we can arrange a meeting.....and hey, how much is a kilo of your durian? What variety is it?

aromulus
14th October 2008, 15:09
a kilo of your durian? What variety is it?

The smelly, stinky to heaven kind.....:icon_lol:

What else is there....???:Erm:

Les_lady888
14th October 2008, 15:19
The smelly, stinky to heaven kind.....:icon_lol:

What else is there....???:Erm:

:icon_lol: smelly indeed but tastes good as heaven :D........lots of varieties of Durian here....Arancillo, Puyat, native, Chanee......etc. If Im not mistaken we have 16 durian varieties here.

aposhark
14th October 2008, 15:55
Oh yes finally!!! Les and I will meet for the first time...wooh!!!!.....How does it feel? :BouncyHappy::cwm12::REDancedancer08::Yippeee::Yippeee: :cwm12: :cwm29::cwm12: :peepwall: :Help1: ...Now I panic!:icon_lol:

We already planned this meeting in October and I had always been excited as the date is getting near. Although there were some changes on the scheduled holiday date but still I am so happy that he was finally able to book his flight on Oct 20 and not in November.

When he showed me his paid ticket....well, Im kind of.....blank and then I said OMG!!! :omg:He is finally coming!!! Oh my!!!:BouncyHappy:...then I start to panic coz I have not prepared our itineraries and holiday activities yet :D and Im starting to have butterflies and goose bumps hahaha

For those who wished the best for us, thanks so much! Les and I will sure have a nice holiday together!:REDancedancer08: Jeeze, indeed I am so excited now....one week more and we will be together!!! Oh my, I wonder how we will be on our very first day of meeting :Erm: ....Should I initiate shaking hands? :icon_lol: :D

Just give him a 20 second kiss, that will really shock him :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Only joking :icon_lol:
I am sure you will both have a great time together.
One thing that I have had to learn since I met Rochelyn is how little Filipinas kiss in public, I mean "No way Jose" :yikes:
A traditional Filipina, even if she is a wife, will not kiss in public.
We have had lots of laughs about it :icon_lol:
It was such a shock to me especially as we held hands all the time and the feeling of being touchy-feely was so reassuring and comforting.
But kissing is something that is out of bounds :rolleyes::rolleyes:
However, a Filipina is very warm and affectionate in private :cwm38:
It is something for the men who are newly arriving in Phils to know about.

PeterB
15th October 2008, 14:21
how much is a kilo of your durian? What variety is it?

Price is dictated by current market rates! Varieties - we have Arancillo, Puyat, Kob and Muntong.

Les_lady888
19th October 2008, 14:16
Two more nights and Les will be with me!!! Jeeze, why do I feel like crazy :cwm12: lol.....Cant decide what to wear when meeting him :Erm:, not sure what to bring...an icy bottled water? a handtowel for his sweat just in case it wud be too hot for him when he arrives? Should I offer him something to eat when he arrives? Would he be very hungry after a long travel? or should I leave him in his hotel to rest the whole night? :Brick: :Help1::Help1::cwm12:

Ann07
19th October 2008, 15:26
Two more nights and Les will be with me!!! Jeeze, why do I feel like crazy :cwm12: lol.....Cant decide what to wear when meeting him :Erm:, not sure what to bring...an icy bottled water? a handtowel for his sweat just in case it wud be too hot for him when he arrives? Should I offer him something to eat when he arrives? Would he be very hungry after a long travel? or should I leave him in his hotel to rest the whole night? :Brick: :Help1::Help1::cwm12:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: We know how you feel just calm down. Let things happen naturally:) And wish you both all the best :)

reginacarlson
19th October 2008, 15:47
Wow finally after 20 months! Have a safe and memorable trip lestaxi1.

PeterB
19th October 2008, 16:41
Bottled water might be good. If he's like me, he won't want to be left alone straight away.

Given the arrival time, I guess that he's arriving Silk Air, with a stop in Cebu. He will have been given breakfast on the flight between Singapore and Cebu (having already had breakfast before landing in Singapore!) - again, if he's like me, he won't need to eat immediately.

Go to check in to hotel, leave his bags etc., then ask him what he wants to do.

On my first arrival, we travelled to hotel in Tagum, then on to Ruby's parents in Asuncion where we stayed until dark.

les_taxi
19th October 2008, 20:59
hi 7 hours to go:yikes: lol only joking-i'm still packing:doh i can't wait to meet my darling:)it's gone so quick the last few days and i keep thinking i have forgotten something! i'm nervous and excited too but know we will be fine once we meet and get back to hotel.im sure i wont need food-just the welcoming smile of my girl,thats all i need:)

maria_and_matt
19th October 2008, 21:08
wow, not long now... goodluck enjoy your holiday.

Sim11UK
19th October 2008, 21:17
I was exactly the same, with my packing. Left it all to the end, then kept thinking, have I got everything, when I threw it in to the case.
This is the worst part now...Once you have closed the front door behind you & are on your way, everything falls into place.
I'm back, from my 2nd trip now & believe me, it's great. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PeterB
20th October 2008, 11:27
... and from one who completed three trips, and has no intention to return from the fourth ... it IS great!

les_taxi
5th November 2008, 05:48
i'm back! story to follow.

Les_lady888
9th November 2008, 15:50
Preparing to meet for the first time someone you've been in communication online for a long time was kinda nerve breaking due to too much excitement, worries and lots of questions in mind. I read from here lots of advises and stories and warnings too. When I read about the warnings to ensure first if there will be no one else to meet your man at the airport, I just laughed it off :icon_lol: confident that Les will come to Davao just to meet me and no one else. I went to a beauty salon and pampered myself in preparation for our first meeting. I bought a very cold bottled water for him just in case the heat in the Phils. will bother him. I brought with me a hand towel as well just in case he will be sweating due to our humidity. That day, I was one very persistent sister bugging my brother reminding him always of Les’ arrival time. My brother and a niece came with me to the airport.

At the airport, I was kind of restless :cwm12: I kept on looking at my watch. I was also a little confused on which exit door to look (whether in domestic or international) :Erm:. Les told me he will have a stop over in Cebu so I was confused where to wait for him...whether in domestic or International area. I waited outside International arrival exit area. My niece was with me and we waited just a few meters away from the exit door. I looked around and I saw other people too waiting for their loved ones . There was this family (5 of them I think) in my far left and one woman nearly beside me and my niece in the waiting area. There are other people too waiting in the upper part of waiting area.

His plane was scheduled to arrive at 2:20PM. It was already 2:20PM…2:30…..2:40….2:45pm…..2:50pm….Jeeze, where could he be? I must be on the wrong waiting area!!! :doh I turned my head around like an owl trying to look for him in both exit doors from where I was standing.:NoNo:

Everytime a foreigner came out from the door, my head popped out like a giraffe lol…and I always asked my niece, “Is that him???... No, its not him!!” Five foreigners had already arrived and welcomed by their loved ones……..Then finally, a man in blue striped sweatshirt came out…stepped out a few meters from the door and started to wave at me. When I first saw him coming out, my heart beat faster but I wanted to be sure if that was him and when he waved at me, I know it’s him!!! And my heart beat faster even more. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t sure if I should run towards him or wait till he comes to me……but my excitement pushed me to do the former. I happily ran towards him….BUT….all of a sudden out of the blue :cwm23:…..a woman ran past me towards him also…..so I stopped!
:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::cwm23::smileybigangry:

Ann07
9th November 2008, 17:11
What happen next???????? im so excited to know please write more wahhhhhhhhhh:yikes::yikes:

kimmi
9th November 2008, 19:27
yeah what happened next sis Les???:Erm::Erm::Erm::omg::omg::omg:

les_taxi
9th November 2008, 19:46
Ok as promised the full story of my first visit with my girl!
Phew where to start? Ok waiting for taxi to take me to airport at 3am,i had enjoyed the luxury of 1 hrs sleep before being picked up my mind was spinning wondering what lie ahead, but as mentioned on this thread once you have locked door and set off you go into travel mode and automatic pilot cuts in. OK flew with Singapore airlines on the huge airbus-fantastic and as the miles were eaten away many thoughts swam through my mind-what if we don’t hit it off?, all this way and we may not really be compatible reassured myself knowing through our 20 months of conversation, cards, phone calls and msn messaging that all will be well, the worst that could happen would be we just have a holiday together and maybe no romance but in my heart I never really imagined we would not hit it off. many hours later-hmm lots of hours I think I am arriving in Cebu, a quick stop then on to Davao. :omg: only 40mins to go help!!!
Meanwhile chatted to a brit off to marry his girlfriend after only 3 months of chatting! And it was the first time he had met her!!! Wow maybe I’m a slow coach lol. Also a brash Australian who criticised Filipino workers on his banana plantation making sure every Filipino in Cebu airport could hear. Ok it’s time to board my flight for the final leg of journey GULP here we go. The flight was meant to take 45 mins or so but i swear it took 10 mins. The welcome to Davao airport sign came into view as we touched down. I felt emotional and I felt my eyes water a little at my achievement I HAD MADE IT!:BouncyHappy: After 20 months, various setbacks to the point my girl thought i was never really coming I had indeed made it. inside airport, baggage reclaim, all I have to do now is collect suitcase step out and meet my dream. oh oh problem WHERE IS MY CASE!:yikes: Mild panic sets in, and I have discussion with customs officials who can’t help much.:Brick: Managed to find someone to help me, he explains my bag is probably at Cebu? Did I not collect it? my reply was why would i as i would have to collect it and put it back on same plane within 30 mins-its meant to stay on plane!:Brick:
Ok so with that nice surprise knowing all my clothes chocolates etc for my girl were misplaced i stepped outside into the heat slightly bewildered looking for my girl, let’s hope she’s here and not been misplaced! I walked a few steps forward and looked to what appeared to be a waiting area and.......to be continued!

aromulus
9th November 2008, 20:53
You two are doing this on purpose.... :NoNo:

Ain't you...???:Erm:

Sim11UK
9th November 2008, 20:56
Cor blimey! you two like suspense. :confused:

les_taxi
9th November 2008, 21:49
:icon_lol:me never :)

Mrs.JMajor
10th November 2008, 00:46
Awwww i hate it,bitin ako :Brick:

:icon_lol::icon_lol: cant wait any longer for the continuation..... you two :cwm23:==========:D

aposhark
10th November 2008, 02:24

There would be no posts if they ended up quarelling every minute and going their separate ways after a few days.
They got on well, but why the heck would they not spill the beans, it baffles me. :yikes::Erm::Erm:

Les_lady888
10th November 2008, 15:02

Oh hey NO ..We didnt really talk about this.........but just like you, I am also anticipating about what Les has to say about his holiday here in Davao....but I noticed that 4 days had past since he arrived home and yet no story so I thought of sharing my side of story.....but well I wont dominate this thread ok...I just want to share my experience on our very first meeting at the airport.

Well, I think most of us (girls) felt the same thing....excitement :BouncyHappy:, fear :peepwall:, uncertainty :NoNo:and happiness :BouncyHappy:...But well, not everyone of us experienced the same episodes of the very first meeting though. Others might have been instantly captivated just by the very first eye contact :luv4: (automatically seeing bright stars in the middle of a raging sun hahaha :icon_lol::icon_lol:). Some might have found it very difficult to feel the moment because of so many chaperons and “kontrabidas” (mostly refer to ultra conservative elders) :xxsmilie_auslachen::behead: in the first meeting. Others might have became so nervous that they just kept on smiling with each other repeating hi and hellos over and over again for the first 10 minutes of meeting :doh . Others experienced feeling of rejection when their partner didn’t arrive in the airport :cwm3: or when one learned that there’s someone else waiting to meet him too :smileybigangry:…..and so many other stories of the first meeting, first impressions….can be hilarious, happy, resentful, enraging or sad moments of our life.

.........I stopped when that woman overtook me. It felt like a very cold water was poured on me at that very moment. I froze in disbelief. OMG!:yikes: OMG! :yikes: Oh please NO!!!:NoNo::NoNo::bigcry: HE CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!! …. My niece who followed me wondered and asked: “ What’s wrong Tita? Is he the wrong guy?”

vbkelly
10th November 2008, 15:14
i'm back! story to follow.

have a safe journey and enjoy your holiday with with your lovely lady

aromulus
10th November 2008, 15:33
Come on, get on with it......:doh

It is like having teeth pulled out with blunt carpenters pliers.....:NoNo::Brick:

aposhark
10th November 2008, 22:27
I used to be indecisive, but now I’m not quite so sure. :rolleyes:

les_taxi
10th November 2008, 22:41
I stepped out of the airport and looked anxiously towards the waiting area, instantly I recognised my girl and waved enthusiastically towards her. She seemed to set off towards me then appeared to stop. I quickly moved towards her and was struck by her beauty and warm friendly smile :BouncyHappy:(phew I’m a lucky guy I thought).I kissed her on the cheek did I shake her hand? I can’t remember it’s a blur! I think I mumbled about not having suitcase and climbed into her brother’s works van. She handed me bottle of cold water and small towel which was greatly appreciated and introduced me to her brother and niece. wow here I am speeding along chaotic traffic where the traffic laws clearly don’t exist!:omg: Hey we have just gone over a painted crossing while people were still using it wow! Omg we nearly got side swiped by another van. I was reassured this was normal!!! Hmm will I get to the hotel in 1 piece! Needless to say we reached the Marco polo in good health. Now this is where my girl really took over.im standing there like a redundant extra in a Michael palin adventure while my girl is filling in registration and generally looking after me I kept looking at her and thinking wow she is so pretty and confident and made me feel totally at ease. In fact after 30 seconds of first meeting her I felt completely at ease with her and I knew all the months of conversation and closeness we experienced was real and true.:) My first impressions of Davao was wonderment so many people, so busy, noisy, crazy but I loved it! So different from Harrogate where I live. So we checked into our room which was really nice and open the patio doors to see the inviting swimming pool. This is going to be a great holiday I thought looking at my girl’s gorgeous figure and dark hair! .... tbc:BouncyHappy::censored:

Les_lady888
11th November 2008, 13:41
Looking back, I cant help but feel somehow guilty that in just a matter of seconds, I doubted Les. Although in my heart I always believe he is true to me. That very moment when I saw the woman heading towards his direction, I felt like a cold water was poured on me and my heart seemed to stop for just a second.....but when I saw him coming to me with a very nice smile, embraced me and kissed me on cheek.....I instantly forgot about the woman lol:D

In just a couple of minutes, we already felt the bond the we always have for each other. I got completely at ease with him, no fear, no worries at all. It felt like we've known each other for a long time already....Oh yes right!!! We've been communicating online for 22 months already :xxgrinning--00xx3:

And after he embraced and kissed me on cheek, he smiled then said to me: "Oh dear, I lost my suitcase!" :doh Oh, isn't he so sweet? :D

maharlika
13th November 2008, 15:46
I stepped out of the airport and looked anxiously towards the waiting area, instantly I recognised my girl and waved enthusiastically towards her. She seemed to set off towards me then appeared to stop. I quickly moved towards her and was struck by her beauty and warm friendly smile :BouncyHappy:(phew I’m a lucky guy I thought).I kissed her on the cheek did I shake her hand? I can’t remember it’s a blur! I think I mumbled about not having suitcase and climbed into her brother’s works van. She handed me bottle of cold water and small towel which was greatly appreciated and introduced me to her brother and niece. wow here I am speeding along chaotic traffic where the traffic laws clearly don’t exist!:omg: Hey we have just gone over a painted crossing while people were still using it wow! Omg we nearly got side swiped by another van. I was reassured this was normal!!! Hmm will I get to the hotel in 1 piece!....

Drivers are always kings of the road here :) "Basta driver great lover" :D

les_taxi
14th November 2008, 21:14
So I’m still looking at my girls figure and deep brown eyes!:BouncyHappy: OK fast forward to next day and time to explore a bit. while I was still asleep maricel had checked that my suitcase had arrived phew :xxgrinning--00xx3:I can change clothes and hand out presents. So now traveling in taxis noticing that everyone has Speed o disconnected or maybe broken, hmm don’t think Harrogate council would let me get away with that! But I liked the taxi fares.:D
My first trip on a jeepney!:yikes: Now I’m only 5’9” but a giant in Philippines lol I hit my head on jeepney roof many times. I noticed to everywhere I went people were staring at me I felt like a celebrity I quite enjoyed it to tell the truth lol. On to the shopping malls where a security guard pokes around your bags with a drumstick! Now the shopping experience while waiting for my girl to buy a swimsuit suddenly the female shop assistants stopped serving, lined up and started to dance!! :icon_lol:
Wow amazing it’s sad that it would never happen in UK people would just not tolerate it as we are always in such a rush. I really was enjoying Davao and now was treated to the 3 people to do one persons job routine when paying for goods in the mall.:doh I tried the famous halo halo and was enjoying it but still wondering why it had jelly beans in it without the coating-was someone employed to suck the sugar off!!.:omg:
Back at the Marco polo maricel’s family arrived and I really felt welcomed and one of the family in no time, some of the younger ones went in the pool while my girls brother and wife came with us for a drink or 2 in the hotel bar.:Rasp: While drinking in bar a young attractive local girl was catching the eye of 2 westerners and I thought how lucky I was already with my girl and her lovely family.
Once everyone had gone it’s back to our lovely room and plan for the next day and what wonderful adventures it would bring. tbc

Les_lady888
16th November 2008, 16:06
So now traveling in taxis noticing that everyone has Speed o disconnected or maybe broken, hmm don’t think Harrogate council would let me get away with that!
While we were on a taxi or on my brother's car, it seems to me that it was Les' first time to ride on a car :icon_lol: coz he often hold tight or seemingly like to scream: OH NO!!...Oh Gosh! :yikes: crazy driver!!!.....HEY!!....OOPs! Watch out!!!:omg:.....Then he wud say wooh! "drivers here are insanely good!!!".....It is already a normal scenario here that drivers overtake each other, blow their horns every now and then and pedestrians crossing the street as they wish..........and Les seemed to nervously enjoyed all of this lol :icon_lol: .....and I often told him: "This is nothing compared to Manila traffic!"

My first trip on a jeepney!:yikes: Now I’m only 5’9” but a giant in Philippines lol I hit my head on jeepney roof many times.

Some of you might question why I allowed Les to ride on a jeepney...Well, he wanted to experience it and I wanted him to experience it too. We also rode a pedicab :D The poor pedicab driver had to paddle his bike slowly coz 3 of us were on his pedicab (me, Les & my son)...but of course we paid him more than what he should have. Les was amused but didn't want to ride on a pedicab again :icon_lol::icon_lol: ...I wonder why :D

Les_lady888
16th November 2008, 16:16
....Now the shopping experience while waiting for my girl to buy a swimsuit suddenly the female shop assistants stopped serving, lined up and started to dance!! :icon_lol:
Wow amazing it’s sad that it would never happen in UK people would just not tolerate it as we are always in such a rush.

NCCC Mall and Victoria Plaza have this dance intermission every hour for just a few minutes as part of their marketing strategy to entertain their customers.....Im not sure if SM mall is already doing this too....

When I came back from the fitting room I found Les so amused and a little shocked :omg: that all of a sudden the salesgirls lined up and started to dance!...I told him you should have danced with them too!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Maybe UK malls should do this too....They can always hire the Davao girls :D:REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::wiggle::wiggle:

vbkelly
16th November 2008, 19:47
NCCC Mall and Victoria Plaza have this dance intermission every hour for just a few minutes as part of their marketing strategy to entertain their customers.....Im not sure if SM mall is already doing this too....

When I came back from the fitting room I found Les so amused and a little shocked :omg: that all of a sudden the salesgirls lined up and started to dance!...I told him you should have danced with them too!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Maybe UK malls should do this too....They can always hire the Davao girls :D:REDancedancer08::REDancedancer08::wiggle::wiggle:

yes your rights sis les_lady i went in victoria plaza and timing i was in a counter to pay my stuff the ladies said to me sorry ma'm its time to dance lol quite good actually and have a prayer aswell every 3pm and 6pm

PeterB
17th November 2008, 15:38
While we were on a taxi or on my brother's car, it seems to me that it was Les' first time to ride on a car :icon_lol: coz he often hold tight or seemingly like to scream: OH NO!!...Oh Gosh! :yikes: crazy driver!!!.....HEY!!....OOPs! Watch out!!!:omg:.....

My first ride from airport to Tagum reduced me to a giggling wreck - I think that it was just a nervous response.

Some of you might question why I allowed Les to ride on a jeepney...Well, he wanted to experience it and I wanted him to experience it too. We also rode a pedicab :D The poor pedicab driver had to paddle his bike slowly coz 3 of us were on his pedicab (me, Les & my son)...but of course we paid him more than what he should have. Les was amused but didn't want to ride on a pedicab again :icon_lol::icon_lol: ...I wonder why :D

We regularly rode pedicabs, motors (bikes) and jeepneys on all of my visits.

Les_lady888
19th November 2008, 05:00
We regularly rode pedicabs, motors (bikes) and jeepneys on all of my visits.

How did you feel riding on pedicabs and "habal-habal" (motors) Peter? Les was amused and took pity of the driver of the pedicab we rode on coz that time 3 of us were riding on same pedicab :rolleyes:

PeterB
21st November 2008, 12:09
Haha ... I have no problem - these guys need customers to provide their income!

We once had ten in a motor trike!

les_taxi
26th November 2008, 23:50
Hello everybody sorry for the delay in continuing my blog but with Christmas coming up like a lot of people I am having to work very hard at the moment!:Rasp:

Well so now I'm very settled in davao and I'm enjoying every minute of it it's a crazy busy place but I really enjoy the atmosphere. Now it's time to explore a little trip to Eden Park was very enjoyable even though we had to wait a while as the rainstorm from hell arrived! I even got my girl and her family to ride on the assault course style skytrain ! I didn't expect her to go on it but she did and I was very proud of her(even if her screams could be heard in Manila!):yikes:

We had a short journey by boat to the blue Jazz resort, this is a relatively new resort and is still being completed it shows lots of promise and we did enjoy our time there but the food was quite expensive and in rather small quantities(too little for this greedy westerner):D

the accommodation was very good and the staff although helpful were not very knowledgeable when it came to explaining the foods on offer! My question what is the difference between the red curry and a green curry was answered with the colour!! Silly me I should have known that.:doh

A few days at this result was certainly relaxing and a welcome change from the hustle and bustle of davao and I really did enjoy my time there.

Back in Davao it was time for the famous karaoke night! maricel insisted that I would have to sing:omg: I thought to myself no way you will soon ask me not to sing rest assured. We were to meet the rest of the family at the videokaroke venue and begin to torture each other.:D Due to error in finding the venue most of the family arrived late.

We had a themed room of a jungle or forest once everybody had arrived the party began. After 20 minutes no one could get the microphone off me! I thought it am going to embarrass myself let me do it in style. Then why we're all happy singing various items of food and drink arrived this I was extremely pleased to see especially the drink.:D

The time by and everyone had a good time taking it in turns although some had more turns than others.:D I Even attempted to sing in tagalog and I must have got it right initially as everyone looked at me in amazement :yikes:thinking I had suddenly learnt the language! It was just a fluke.:D

The karaoke went far too fast we really enjoyed it and managed to gain a bit of extended time but then it was time to leave I could have stayed there are a few more hours I think and initially I wasn't sure about this proposition at all, and in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it. To be continued.....

Jay&Zobel
29th November 2008, 15:56
Just give him a 20 second kiss, that will really shock him :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Only joking :icon_lol:
I am sure you will both have a great time together.
One thing that I have had to learn since I met Rochelyn is how little Filipinas kiss in public, I mean "No way Jose" :yikes:
A traditional Filipina, even if she is a wife, will not kiss in public.
We have had lots of laughs about it :icon_lol:
It was such a shock to me especially as we held hands all the time and the feeling of being touchy-feely was so reassuring and comforting.
But kissing is something that is out of bounds :rolleyes::rolleyes:
However, a Filipina is very warm and affectionate in private :cwm38:
It is something for the men who are newly arriving in Phils to know about.

inlab!!! (in love)

:icon_lol: coz he often hold tight or seemingly like to scream: OH NO!!...Oh Gosh! :yikes: crazy driver!!!.....HEY!!....OOPs! Watch out!!!:omg:...............and Les seemed to nervously enjoyed all of this lol :icon_lol: .....and I often told him: "This is nothing compared to Manila traffic!"

WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINE ISLANDS WITH FILIPINO CRAZY DRIVERS HEHEHE... they should be part of promoting PI tourism hhehe
a real asset!!! hehe

yep, that is why we should not treat them as prince(s) hehe they need to experience the real joys of life hehe.. pedicab, jeepneys, tricycle, skates-riles and a lot more hehhee... how about propeller airplanes like asianpacific airlines? hehe