PDA

View Full Version : Waiting In Vain For My Uk Fiance Visa!

danodie
11th August 2006, 10:46
HI Members~

I am new to this and this is my rather 2nd attempt to post a thread but for some reason my first one got lost from somewhere and didnt went thru...Now i have to re-do my long set of questions...hahaha...arghh...!

Is there by any chance that i might get visa denial and not granted an interview even due to these following reasons?:

: I didn't submit our photo's together ..showing that our meeting takes place, the hotel and resto receipts i've kept for evidence wasnt submitted as well... ( for i assumed they will asked for it during the interview , didn't realized US embassy like one of my friend under go thru was different from from UK embassy rules.. me gaga)

: we didn't submit provisional booking of a wedding date . Nor did my fiance include a date in his supporting letter... He just stated we will wed at norwich registry office and posted the address as well. ( reason why: we didnt know if we'll be granted a visa and the norwich registry said they don't issue booking unless i am there and i got a visa)... ( as of presstime my fiance is there trying to push thru it and even book for a reception just in case by some miracle i get an interview and not denial).

Here are the following supporting documents we submitted:
proof of financial capacity:
* Bank statements =august 2005-to present
*Orginal copy of Employment Contract
* Wage slips dating September 2005 to present
*Letter of employment
*income tax return

Proof of accomodation
* lease of contract
*rent receipts (more than a year)
* an official letter from the management stating that i am moving to the building
* my name included in the water bill statement starting september of this year...
( is it a 0 points for me if my fiance live with other 2 mates in the apartment..its 3 bedroom apartment , the biggest room is ours but we are planning to move when if ever i arrived there to a place which is ours alone.)

PROOF OF MEETING and RELATIONSHIP:
e-tickets from klm
Phone bills
Western union receipts
his emails to me dating march 2005
posted mails
Letter of Support
Letter of Intent

additional docs: NBI clearance, CENOMAR, my certificate of employment.

I can supply other documents if in case they need more but i guess its too late coz its at the embassy already... been told by a ukvacs employee... have to wait until they asked for further evidence to substantiate my application....

I don't know why i am so negative and paranoid than i was before maybe bcoz after reading some of the success stories here and what they've submitted i feel like i didnt give enough evidence to make me feel rest assured...I am getting anxiety attacks from waiting...I wish i know the decision already so i know where i stand in this matter....But as all of the members here says...Patience is a virtue....

Pls. help me shed more light....
Am i one of the candidate for denial?

Yours truly... presently cynic DANODIE....

scotsfiancee
11th August 2006, 11:13
My application was forwarded to the embassy last August 3 too...Embassy will return your application if they find out that you have not meet the requirements...i dont have provisional bookings for wedding and reception yet. This is from Ivor "Yes the Embassy are very likely to ask for details (date, time, location) of both the wedding and the reception. So... you need to be able to tell them the details... The embassy is not asking for written evidence of the arrangements - you just need to be able to tell them, in the interview, that you will marry at a particular date/time/location and have booked a reception at date/time/location. In other words, be "creative" and "imaginative" **

Just wait for now until you will know what the embassy's advise for you

Im sure some of our members will share their thoughts about your case :Erm:

danodie
11th August 2006, 12:17
Hi Scot...
Thanks 4 ur reply...
My Fiance told me that the embassy called his workplace last wednesday around 10pm my time. His boss was the one who answered the phone and confirmed that he is employed there. The lady from the phone told my fiance's boss that'll she'll call him on his celphone instead but never did...

Thus it means the embassy currently checking our application now? Did you get phone enquiries from the embassy as well?.

scotsfiancee
11th August 2006, 12:28
Did you ask your reference number to the ukvacs? so you can track your documents and you will know were it goes.?.No they never call my fiance's workplace etc. I guess they just confirmed it thats why they called...actually your application is under evaluation now!

ivor&mel
11th August 2006, 13:34
Danodie,

Earlier this year, people were getting refused Fiancee Visas for the very reason that they could not provide details of the wedding/reception, and this is probably still the case. However, it is not essential to submit these details as part of the Visa application: no written confirmation is required, just be able to give the details confidently if asked during an interview.

Byang
13th August 2006, 12:34
hi!

i wonder why your fiance wasn't given a provisional booking form which in fact in it is very possible to get that. we are planning to get married here in a small town of Norfolk and my fiance was able to do the booking stuff.

i got here a leaflet on Getting Married, A guide to weddings in England and Wales.... it clearly states:

" you may be able to make an advance (provisional) booking with the superintendent registrar of the district where you wish to marry. the superintendent registrar will give you more precise information in this respect."

it is issued by the General Registrar Office, Trafalgar Road, Southport PR8 2HH

ginapeterb
13th August 2006, 13:22
Danodi,

All the information is available on this site if you do some research, time and time again, we ask new members to do some reading, just try to avoid the professional visa applicants that frequent this forum, they always tell you how its done, but never give objective advice, if you want to be aware of the best advices regarding your marriage visa, you could take a look at this:

http://www.british-filipino.com/settlement.html

there is a recent update which you might find helpful, sadly many applicants go ill prepared for a marriage visa, and then wonder why it all went wrong, much of the information you require is actually on this forum if you care to look for it, ok on this occasion I will throw the game for you, u you, you might wish to follow this thread

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=324

this topic is full of usefull information, that may help you to get an idea of the whole process, best of luck, but please try to do some reading,

Ok

danodie
15th August 2006, 08:58
PETER,
Thank you for that valuable info... Geee I think i had already come across that website you've pasted for me before...during my google search way back before my fiance went here..I wish i had thought of it again before i had submitted my application... haha.. anyway...Thank you for your help...

odie~

danodie
15th August 2006, 09:12
Byang....

Thanks for your post.. My fiance already accomplished to get a provisional marriage booking form from Norwich registry Office...I submitted it as addt'l evidence via courier today with pre-paid courier receipt and even fax it at Visa section so in case the other get lost with the bulk of documents in the embassy...I have 2nd back up .Actually, Ukvacs told me ..I can't submit anymore since my application and docs are at the embassy already.. That i should just wait for embassy advise but I had been persistent and keep emailing manila visa enquiry bout it...(since i really missed very substantial documents such as pictures and he made a dodgy letter of support thing...ouch!...forgot to state the date, date etc so me really need that provisional thing to substantiate it........)

"We received your application on 4 August, it is yet to be seen by an Entry Clearance Officer. You can send the documents you wish to add by mail or by fax and we will linked them to your application."

Odie~~~

Byang
15th August 2006, 20:26
hi!!!

good to know about that, just take it with you during the interview. my fiance didn't include our proposed wedding date in his letter of support so it's ok. a lady from the counter will tell you to present any additional docs you want to submit to them before an eco calls up your name... :)

i hope to see you in Norwich sometime!!!! it's a great place!!!:BouncyHappy: