PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship letter for fiance visa - is this acceptable?

Ady
5th October 2008, 22:00
I am being very cheeky here, but can anyone quickly scan my draft letter for sponsoring my fiancee (especially if you have been through this yourselves)? It is the first draft - it is quite rough, and there are a few things I need to complete (buying a place, because I currently rent with some students - provisional wedding bookings - even school placements for her daughter)

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is in support of my fiancee and her daughter’s application for an entry clearance visa for the purposes of marriage in the United Kingdom.

In considering this application for a fiancee visa, I would like you to be aware of the following.

Our communications started in September 2004 via the internet. During the next 6 months, we kept in contact on a friendship basis via e-mail (e-mails attached). In April 2005, our communications extended to use of Yahoo Messenger, and telephone calls (itemised phone bill showing use of a budget phone number). In September 2005, we resolved to meet each other in person in the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, our request for a visitor visa was refused. Instead, we decided to meet in Hong Kong in June 2007. I paid for both Sheila and her daughter to fly to Hong Kong, and we stayed at the Metropark Hotel in Kowloon for two weeks. Shortly after the end of that vacation, Sheila started annulment proceedings for her marriage.

Her annulment was granted in March 2008. I had booked a flight to Davao, with the intention of staying at the Apo View hotel for 17 days in March 2008. However, at that time my grandmother was taken ill and I had to cancel the trip. Sadly, my grandmother passed away in April 2008. We rearranged the vacation for August 2008, 2 weeks in Davao and 1 week in Singapore. Because Sheila was now annulled, I decided to ask her to marry me on September 5th on the “Singapore Flyer”. Sheila accepted, and we are now in a position to marry.

I am presently employed by xxxx as a Systems Analyst. I have been employed by them since June 16th 1997, so I have been steadily employed for 11 years. In the last few months, my salary has almost doubled - to £xx,xxx p.a, as documented with my wage slips. I have life-savings of £xx,xxx - amassed over 10 years. I am quite capable of supporting Sheila and her daughter, and have been doing so over the last 3 years in the form of Western Union transfers (receipts attached). I have also taken Sheila and her daughter to Hong Kong and Singapore for vacations. I hope that these facts are satisfactory in proving both my capabilities and my intentions.

Sheila's brother lives in the UK, and works for xxxxxxx - I have been to see him on one occassion.

Accommodation…….. TO BE FILLED IN (Currently looking at buying a place)

I have known Sheila for 4 years, and we have developed a close and loving relationship over this time. We have met on two occasions. It is our intention to marry in the UK within 6 months of any entry clearance being granted. Please see attached provisional arrangements for a wedding to further highlight our honourable intentions (not yet done).

I am asking you to consider all the above facts when making a decision on the application. I desperately want to be with Sheila and her daughter. There is not a day that passes without us communicating to each other in some form. We have not taken the decision to live in the UK lightly. We contemplated living in The Philippines, however I have established a good career here in the UK, and moving to The Philippines would make it tougher for me to support Sheila and her daughter financially.

If there is any element of this application for which you need further clarification, then please do not hesitate to contact me on xxxxxxxxxxx. I can also be contacted via e-mail at Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I trust that, with the facts placed before you, you will look upon the application of my fiancee and her daughter favourably.

Sincerely,

maria_and_matt
5th October 2008, 22:13
thats a very good support letter, it will do :xxgrinning--00xx3:

menchkin
6th October 2008, 05:28
Very good indeed! :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: You covered everything.

IainBusby
6th October 2008, 11:30
Looks like it covers all the bases to me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Iain.

Sconnie
6th October 2008, 12:58
Looks good to me.

Good luck with your application.

misscarie
6th October 2008, 13:27
Nice one Ady

Goodluck with ur application.

DianaKevy
6th October 2008, 13:56
hello Ady, you're letter is nicely done. as long as all your documents,evidences are complete there shouldnt be any problem with it. good luck. :)

Ady
7th October 2008, 07:40
Thanks for that. Do you think the letter should be hand-written (I write like a doctor), or is it ok to be typed?

marylen
7th October 2008, 07:55
what my husband did was through computerized....its more formal and be sure to have your signature down below.(hand-written signature). so i guess it doesn't matter either way long as its well presentable and readable.

I am just telling what we did ours....maybe others can tell u what is best at...

menchkin
7th October 2008, 09:36
Thanks for that. Do you think the letter should be hand-written (I write like a doctor), or is it ok to be typed?

I recommend that you have it typed to look more formal. Just put your signature at the bottom of the letter.

misscarie
7th October 2008, 12:33

What simon did was through computerized with his signature at the bottom of the letter...It is OK if you want to do it in hand written but up to you :)

Goodluck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

PAT
7th October 2008, 12:36
Thanks for posting it Andy, it's nicely done!...It serves my guide in my next application.

DianaKevy
7th October 2008, 13:54
it's alright that you have it typewritten so that they won't misread anything. just sign it afterwards to authenticate it. :) good luck...

aug06_2006
7th October 2008, 14:12
Agree better typewritten.

vbkelly
7th October 2008, 14:55
i thought you need sponsor letter if you applying a tourist visa, as far as i know settlement visa don't need a sponsor letter.

menchkin
7th October 2008, 14:57
i thought you need sponsor letter if you applying a tourist visa, as far as i know settlement visa don't need a sponsor letter.

The sponsor's support letter is now required for settlement visa sis. My husband made one during our application also.

vbkelly
7th October 2008, 14:59
The sponsor's support letter is now required for settlement visa sis. My husband made one during our application also.

i see,thanks sis mench

marylen
7th October 2008, 15:08
In my own opinion . I can't say its needed NOR Its not. Of course no one in the embassy would tell you all the correct info as you were the only one who will find out everything to make it perfect. But of course providing one won't cause any harm infact its good to prepare a lot more evidence than to feel sorry at the end.

So to all whose planning to make an application regarding any kind of visas, always say YES to any...I mean provide everything which you think it do helps to make the ECO job easy, don't focus to only basic needs provided coz the more the better.

xebec
7th October 2008, 16:27
The letter looks very similar to my letter which accompanied our successful fiance application. Daisy also wrote (typed) a letter which covered her feelings about our relationship.

I dont think the application form/guidance notes mention the inclusion of covering letters. It is however suggested on another website (together with samples). There is also on the application form space for additional supporting information and our letters were presented in lieu of completing that section.

Good luck

Jay&Zobel
7th October 2008, 16:35
well done!

missmiles
8th October 2008, 15:28
Nice one.... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
8th October 2008, 17:44
This is good... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ady
8th October 2008, 18:48
Thanks guys. Now for the telephone bills lol.