PDA

View Full Version : eea family residence permit

sam_althea
3rd October 2008, 20:02
hello all,
i hope one or two here could please help me about my dilemma, my entry visa is eea family permit and it has expired last sept.12...we didnt apply for the residence permit because he is not willing to sign the papers, and now he changed his mind...i know it is out to date already...
what is your idea what the Home office' decision on this?

joebloggs
3rd October 2008, 20:47
i think EU Family Permits don't fall under the Immigration Law, and even if they are expired people with such permits have the right to work and stay in the UK as they get this right through being married and living with EU citizens.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter2.pdf?view=Binary

Look at page 3, point 1.1:

The UK currently imposes no requirement for the non-EEA national family member of an EEA national to obtain a residence card. However such persons may be
inconvenienced if they do not obtain a residence card for the following reasons:
• They may have difficulty proving they are lawfully resident.
• If they leave the UK, they will need to obtain an EEA Family Permit before
returning (see Chapter 3 for further details).
• They may find it difficult to obtain/change employment without a residence
card confirming their entitlement to take employment in the UK.

so apply for it asap. you shouldn't have nothing to worry about :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sam_althea
4th October 2008, 15:47
thanks for that generous reply! what if they question me why we didnt apply before?

joebloggs
4th October 2008, 15:52
i don't think they will ask you why, tell the truth if they do or that you thought it expired on the 12th of oct. i don't know. i wouldn't tell any one to lie :NoNo:................ :D

just give them a call and ask, you dont have to give your name etc...