PDA

View Full Version : Tourist Visa of an EU Partner...

janyen
1st October 2008, 00:42
Hi. It's me again :)

I'm married to a British national living in the Netherlands for 10 years now. We emailed the IND and they said that to be able to enter Netherlands I need a visa for family reunion with an EU citizen at the Dutch Embassy in Manilla. I will need a tourist visa and a valid passport to travel to the Netherlands.

My question is:
1. What form do I need to fill in? Coz they did not mention about the Application for a Schengen Visa...

I'm just confuse with regards to this matter!
Thank you everyone :cwm12:

A_flyer
1st October 2008, 06:15
1. What form do I need to fill in? Coz they did not mention about the Application for a Schengen Visa...
It's never indicated on a Schengen visa form, but you need to fill a Schengen visa form and bring the extra documents required for this special visa by the Embassy. Contact the Embassy to know what you need to bring (for example the French Embassy require you pass the CFO and bring the CFO certificate before applying for the Fiancé or Spouse visa).

janyen
1st October 2008, 10:19
It's never indicated on a Schengen visa form, but you need to fill a Schengen visa form and bring the extra documents required for this special visa by the Embassy. Contact the Embassy to know what you need to bring (for example the French Embassy require you pass the CFO and bring the CFO certificate before applying for the Fiancé or Spouse visa).

Ah, Okay. Thanks! :)

Can I put single or double entry on the Schengen Visa Application Form since we are planning to go to UK to visit the family of my husband? Do I have a big chance that the visa will be granted or instead check on the single entry?

darren-b
1st October 2008, 12:30
Ah, Okay. Thanks! :)

Can I put single or double entry on the Schengen Visa Application Form since we are planning to go to UK to visit the family of my husband? Do I have a big chance that the visa will be granted or instead check on the single entry?

I don't think there's any issues requesting a multiple entry visa as the worst thing that would happen is they will issue you with a single entry visa instead.

I guess you realise that you need a separate visa to go to the UK? (You can't use a Schengen visa to enter the UK)

janyen
1st October 2008, 13:02
hi darren-b,

yes, we are aware that I need to apply for another visa going to the UK...
just wondering if the single entry will matter if I will check on the double entry...

thanks..

johncar54
5th October 2008, 15:33
We live in Spain so Schengen Area.

The visa is a Tourist 90 visa, but as said above, you will need other paperwork. In theory it should be the same for all Schengen countries but as suggested it would probably be better to seek advice from the Dutch Consulate in Manila.

I would assume that the Netherlands signed the EU directive that families must be allowed to live together, thus you should have no problems about interviews. We just had a chat at the counter, we were together. No questions other than how long had we known each other. Most of the few minutes we spent chatting about the half dozen wedding photos we had taken with us. The only problem was that we had not taken a large brown envelope! Someone in the queue gave us one and that was the interview over.

On arrival in Spain we made an application for her Residencia. Once that had started the 90 days validity of the visa was irrelevant.

Again as someone said, my wife cannopt go to UK, or even shopping in Gibraltar, unles we make the trip to the British Consul in Madrid, pay 100€ (150€ for Gib) and my wife in intervewed !!!!!!

janyen
15th October 2008, 14:11

The visa is a Tourist 90 visa, but as said above, you will need other paperwork. In theory it should be the same for all Schengen countries but as suggested it would probably be better to seek advice from the Dutch Consulate in Manila.

I would assume that the Netherlands signed the EU directive that families must be allowed to live together, thus you should have no problems about interviews. We just had a chat at the counter, we were together. No questions other than how long had we known each other. Most of the few minutes we spent chatting about the half dozen wedding photos we had taken with us. The only problem was that we had not taken a large brown envelope! Someone in the queue gave us one and that was the interview over.

On arrival in Spain we made an application for her Residencia. Once that had started the 90 days validity of the visa was irrelevant.

Again as someone said, my wife cannopt go to UK, or even shopping in Gibraltar, unles we make the trip to the British Consul in Madrid, pay 100€ (150€ for Gib) and my wife in intervewed !!!!!!

Hi johncar54,
Did you get the visa right away? Was it free of charge?

I really appreciate ALL the informations that you guys posted here!!! :)

We emailed the Dutch Embassy in Manila and they confirmed that my visa is free of charge as a partner (spouse)of an EU citizen according to the EU rules but it will take 2 weeks for them to process our papers :Erm:. The embassy also said that a One way ticket is suffice if my visa is Long Term and will stay their with my husband (which is what we are planning).

Just waiting for 2 weeks before I go to the Consulate in Cebu :huepfen024:

janyen
15th October 2008, 14:15

Hi johncar54,
Did you get the visa right away? Was it free of charge?

I really appreciate ALL the informations that you guys posted here!!! :)

We emailed the Dutch Embassy in Manila and they confirmed that my visa is free of charge as a partner (spouse)of an EU citizen (british) according to the EU rules but it will take 2 weeks for them to process our papers :Erm:. The embassy also said that a One way ticket is suffice if my visa is Long Term and will stay their with my husband (which is what we are planning).

Just waiting for 2 weeks before I go to the Consulate in Cebu :huepfen024:

johncar54
15th October 2008, 14:34
JANYEN

Glad to hear your information. We had to pay for the Visa but it was I think only 30 €. Maybe the law has been revised.

I know a visa for my wife to visit Ireland is free as I am an EU citizen.

I just feel so sorry for those who live in UK. Maybe they should consider moving to the 'civilised' part of the EU.

aromulus
15th October 2008, 14:39
I just feel so sorry for those who live in UK. Maybe they should consider moving to the 'civilised' part of the EU.

I think it is civilized enough.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

As an EU citizen living and working in the Uk, didn't need to pay for any visa for my wife.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

She doesn't even need a Schengen visa to go to Italy....:D

johncar54
15th October 2008, 14:42
Sorry I did not really follow the last posting. I was referring to how difficult and expensive it is for a person living in UK to get a visa for his wife to join him.