PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa - Austria

scott&ligaya
29th September 2008, 17:26
:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
Went to their embassy in Knightsbridge on Friday armed with confirmed reservations for flight and hotel plus travel insurance and bank statements all in triplicate. We were then told all they needed was our marriage cert, my passport and Ligayas passport showing her spouse visa. Processing time will be around two weeks. Apparently if your hubbie is EU citizen they do not need all the other stuff. All done in twenty five minutes so loads of time for walk down to Buckingham Palace, a picnic in Hyde Park and of course a bit of retail therapy.:cwm12::cwm12::cwm12:

christmas markets in Vienna here we come!!!!

A_flyer
29th September 2008, 18:06
Yes as spouse of a E.U. citizen and already settled in a E.U. country ease a lot the things.

Ana_may365
29th September 2008, 21:26
how much did u pay for it?just asking so that we know.so that we prepare all the paper works

Piamed
29th September 2008, 23:56
That's fantastic news. Pia and I were thinking of going to apply at the Dutch embassy next week. This will make our lives so much easier. Hope the same rules will apply there.

darren-b
30th September 2008, 07:03
how much did u pay for it?just asking so that we know.so that we prepare all the paper works

Spouses of British Citizens do not have to pay for Schengen visas

That's fantastic news. Pia and I were thinking of going to apply at the Dutch embassy next week. This will make our lives so much easier. Hope the same rules will apply there.

Spouses of British Citizens only have to provide their passport, their spouse's passport and their marriage certification to apply for a Schengen visa wherever they apply. Some Embassies like to see more (especially travel insurance) though they have no right to insist on you providing any more documentation.

Piamed
30th September 2008, 07:51
Spouses of British Citizens do not have to pay for Schengen visas

Spouses of British Citizens only have to provide their passport, their spouse's passport and their marriage certification to apply for a Schengen visa wherever they apply. Some Embassies like to see more (especially travel insurance) though they have no right to insist on you providing any more documentation.

Thanks Darren-B

scott&ligaya
30th September 2008, 08:14
DarrenB is correct, there is no fee for spouse of EU citizen. :BouncyHappy:

aromulus
30th September 2008, 08:17
Yes as spouse of a E.U. citizen and already settled in a E.U. country ease a lot the things.

Ain't that nice.........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

janyen
1st October 2008, 00:22
If that is so, hoping that my visa application will be free of charge at the Dutch Consul in Cebu... :Hellooo:

A_flyer
1st October 2008, 06:12
If that is so, hoping that my visa application will be free of charge at the Dutch Consul in Cebu... :Hellooo:
I don't think so, you're not already settled in a E.U. country.

darren-b
1st October 2008, 06:29
I don't think so, you're not already settled in a E.U. country.

Does that really matter? The website of the Dutch Embassy in Manila isn't that helpful, though the website of the French Embassy in Manila says

"Visa application will remain free of charge for some categories of applicants (Children aged 6 and below/Spouses of European Union Nationals) ONLY if the appropriate documentation is provided when lodging the application (See List of Requirements) "

Would need as normal the British spouse's passport and marriage certificate.