PDA

View Full Version : waiting for the result from the embassy

Gensanbritish
10th August 2006, 11:00
Hello everybody,

Just waiting for the result from the embassy. Im sure i will have interview and i need to prepare myself with this. Im applying for a settlement visa and the UKVACS got my application just last 28th of july. Anybody here applied for settlement visa like me??? hows your applications going on??? I hope that i can get this visa very soon coz i really miss my husband very much... More power to this site and GOd bless always...

Paul and Jovelyn ( Gensanbritish)

Eljohno
10th August 2006, 18:32
Hi well at least all your hard work for getting all the evidence is finally so just be patient now in the waiting part. I am sure everyone on the forum will have different stories of their experience and the length of waiting time. For both Rhea and me it took about 2 weeks after application but that is not normal as it can take longer..

ginapeterb
10th August 2006, 20:21
Best of Luck with your application, try to remain calm, I know its not easy, actually I remember when John was waiting for Rhea to come over, and look they got theirs, in fact I have sat here for about 2 years now, watching everyone go through this, and Keith has been watching even longer.

My suggestion is, that you try and do something to take your mind off it, we always say here, that we rarely get a refusal to issue to a spouse, in fact I can only remember one, so you are 99 per cent going to get your visa, we have had lots of successes in the last couple of years, I know you miss your husband, thats only natural, but trust me when I say, when you look back, this will be a blip on your life, and you will laugh about it later, so Jovelyn, I wouldnt give you this advice, and nor would John or any of the other members, if we had not sat in your seat and done exactly the same as you, look on the bright side, in a few weeks, you will be giving out this advice to someone else. !!!

Tke care

Peter and Gina

KeithD
10th August 2006, 21:56
I'd say the success rate of people who have been through here is 90%+, and those that failed usually got it the 2nd time.

Don't hold your breath though, you'll go blue! :NoNo:

gingxrick
10th August 2006, 22:18
Hi Gensanbritish, Yes we are waiting for settlement visa , our application was forwarded to the Embassy on the 22nd June,and we're still waiting to hear something:cwm23: I have phoned the Embassy this morning again I was told its being delt with at the moment, but when I phoned them last week I was told I would hear something early this week, so the waiting goes on :bigcry: :doh

andypaul
10th August 2006, 23:42
Like the other chaps say this site as a good pass rate, im glad to say. I have noticed the time to issue the visa has change constantly in the time i have been taking notice.

Something as simple as a ECO on sick leave would probaly cause a bit of a backlog, which although annoying there is not much you can do about.

Like all the others on the Site we with you every step of the way:xxgrinning--00xx3:

scotsfiancee
10th August 2006, 23:47
Hi GUYs same here waiting for the result as my application was forwarded last August 3 at the embassy. Well, i will just have to wait the only thing i do is keep on tracking the number that they gave. I hope it wont take so long...I am sure Gingxrick your wife will have her interview this month or maybe next week who knows!?:Erm: , Patience this is all we need:BouncyHappy:

Gensanbritish
11th August 2006, 03:46
Hello everybody ,

Thank you so much for all your supports. Makes me calm hehehhe!!! i was really nervous before but when i have read your replied i feel very calm. Yes ur right Ginapeterb i probably get my visa soon i can feel it... hehehehe!!! BTW i want to say thank you very much for this site for helping me coz without this site i didnt know what will i do with my application. Thank you very very much. May God bless you always and also to the other member of this site whos applying for visa also like me... Goodluck and always pray to God...

More power to this site!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :D :D :D

Gensanbritish ( Paul and Jovelyn)

Gensanbritish
11th August 2006, 03:53
HI Gingxrick,

Yes same with me im also waiting for the result from the embassy. Im excited and nervous hehehe. Im really thankful to this site !!!! God bless you alll...

Gensanbritish ( Paul and Jovelyn)

scotsfiancee
11th August 2006, 05:28
Cheers:Wine: :Wine: :Wine: Relax Jov we will have visa soon!!!:Erm: :Rasp: :BouncyHappy:

IainBusby
11th August 2006, 12:23
Hi All,

My wife Louella and I are waiting now as well. She went to Manila and submitted her application to UKVACS on Wednesday 09/08 and according to the tracking info on the UKVACS website, the application is now with the British Embassy. I guess its just a waiting game now.

Iain

Gensanbritish
12th August 2006, 04:19
:BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: hi Scotsfiancee,

Hi yes your right we can get our visa soon..!!!

thanks and take care always God bless !!!!

:Hellooo: :Hellooo: :Hellooo:

scotsfiancee
14th August 2006, 06:36
http://www.glitterkiss.com/images/red/font2/08bb10e4ec5bc8ef749fe4af72cb64d956b14d46.gif (http://www.glitterkiss.com)

Revenga
14th August 2006, 11:43
Lets Hope we get it soon Lyn :D

scotsfiancee
14th August 2006, 12:15
http://www.glitterkiss.com/images/blue/font5/c23b7293bc230757480faf9d786d429069bb37a6.gif (http://www.glitterkiss.com)

Piacere!!! now i know who you are,does your name means to revenge? ..hehehehe:Hellooo:

Gensanbritish
16th August 2006, 14:08
Hi scotsfiancee,

Im sure revenga is busy!!! hehehe :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy: :BouncyHappy:

Revenga

scotsfiancee
16th August 2006, 14:38
Anyways, you know him better! :D :Erm:

Doc898
23rd August 2006, 14:37
Hi Gensanbritish, Yes we are waiting for settlement visa , our application was forwarded to the Embassy on the 22nd June,and we're still waiting to hear something:cwm23: I have phoned the Embassy this morning again I was told its being delt with at the moment, but when I phoned them last week I was told I would hear something early this week, so the waiting goes on :bigcry: :doh

Hello! Were you applying for spouse or fiance visa? How's your application going on now? :Erm:

gingxrick
24th August 2006, 10:42
Hi Doc, still waiting was talking to the person handling my application this morning by phone and was told we will hear something within the next 2 weeks, so lets hope all is well.

KeithD
24th August 2006, 12:22
Must be on a go slow with yours! Then again, once it's done, you forget how long it took.

Eljohno
24th August 2006, 12:43
It is so difficult to predict how long an application takes as friends of mine got theirs sorted in one week which is so unusual and even mine only took two weeks but then again some wait months but as Keith says you forget about how long it takes when it finally arrives...

Doc898
25th August 2006, 13:24
Exactly! Surely it'll be on it's way to you soon with a positive result. Our application is sitting on the embassy at the moment as well. So we'll just keep our fingers crossed and hoping it won't take too long for them to scrutinize every detail of our documents.:rolleyes: :D