PDA

View Full Version : Parents

Stereotongue
27th September 2008, 17:52
Is it possible to bring a parent to the UK ? I am British, my wife is now also a British Citizen, but her mum is in the Philippines. She is completely dependant on us and we'd like to have her living here wth us. How do we go about this ?

Cheers

Stereo

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 18:26
how old is her mom ? also any relatives who could look after her ?

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter15/#point%20one

Stereotongue
27th September 2008, 18:34
Her Mum is 53, and there's not really anyone else to look after her. Her parents are no longer alive and she has a sister but they haven't spoken in years due to a falling out.

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 18:38
53 :NoNo: i dont think so, shes too young, also if she has other realtives in the phils.

LadyJ
27th September 2008, 23:43
She might be alright with the visit visa as long you can show to the British Embassy that you can support her without help from the public funds and also accommodation available for her ie. spare room for her in your house.

I knew a lot of filipinos who their parents are just in and out the UK using visit visa.

Goodluck!

vbkelly
28th September 2008, 09:10
Is it possible to bring a parent to the UK ? I am British, my wife is now also a British Citizen, but her mum is in the Philippines. She is completely dependant on us and we'd like to have her living here wth us. How do we go about this ?

Cheers

Stereo

its easy to get her a visit visa first, then if she like to live here you can get her as your dependant next time.