PDA

View Full Version : Less than 24 hours!

Piamed
26th September 2008, 21:59
After waiting 3 months for it, I collected my brand new car yesterday afternoon. It had only 5 miles on the clock. :)

Today, Pia and I were headed to IKEA and a lady crashed into the back of it. It now needs a few thousand pounds worth of repairs. :bigcry:

telford
26th September 2008, 22:05
After waiting 3 months for it, I collected my brand new car yesterday afternoon. It had only 5 miles on the clock. :)

Today, Pia and I were headed to IKEA and a lady crashed into the back of it. It now needs a few thousand pounds worth of repairs. :bigcry:

Whooaaahhh! best of luck:REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1:

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 02:57

that brand new show room shine must have dazzled her :doh

my misses is obsessed with wanting a mini car:Erm:, no way i can fit in it:NoNo:, maybe she don't want me to :yikes:

aposhark
27th September 2008, 03:20

A sense of humour may help here - If "God is able and faithful" maybe he/she/it can lend a hand there :cwm12:

A female friend of mine was waving to the salespeople as she left the showroom in the UK and the same thing happened, but her car was "a right off".

Sorry to read your bad news Piamed :-(

LEAHnew
27th September 2008, 05:59
:omg: I sympathize you amigo, i know how u feel, when my Dad's car banged into a tricycle few months ago I can't imagine how he felt:yikes::furious3::Brick: the tricycle driver was so reckless and driving without license:angry: gosh only in the Philippines:doh:rolleyes: but somehow my Dad manage to calm down:cwm34: coz after that incident nobody hurts..still thank God:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
27th September 2008, 09:14
At least you had a new car to be hit.....ordered a Mazda 5 SatNav back in July, and discovered the other day the dealer only put the order in last week and delivery is Feb 09 :cwm24: :NoNo: ........What the :censored: are they doing? You'd think they'd want the £22,000 sale in the present climate!

I've cancelled it now, I'll order a Nissan QashQai+2 SatNav next week, and hope those Geordies build faster!

walesrob
27th September 2008, 09:55
QashQai+2

What a funny name for a car :rolleyes: Is it CashKey, KoshKi? Kwashkie? :Erm: Somehow a Vauxhall Astra seems a bit dull in comparison.

Sconnie
27th September 2008, 10:43
At least you had a new car to be hit.....ordered a Mazda 5 SatNav back in July, and discovered the other day the dealer only put the order in last week and delivery is Feb 09 :cwm24: :NoNo: ........What the :censored: are they doing? You'd think they'd want the £22,000 sale in the present climate!

I've cancelled it now, I'll order a Nissan QashQai+2 SatNav next week, and hope those Geordies build faster!

GEORDIES !!:cwm23:
Nissan is in Snderland built by Mackems
You southerners don't understand the difference between Geordies and Mackems
hope all the pieces of your new car are in the correct place

Piamed
27th September 2008, 10:53
Whooaaahhh! best of luck:REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::REGamblMoney01HL1::bigcry::bigcry:

that brand new show room shine must have dazzled her :doh

my misses is obsessed with wanting a mini car:Erm:, no way i can fit in it:NoNo:, maybe she don't want me to :yikes:Hahaha! Minis are so expensive. But they are nice cars.

A sense of humour may help here - If "God is able and faithful" maybe he/she/it can lend a hand there :cwm12:

A female friend of mine was waving to the salespeople as she left the showroom in the UK and the same thing happened, but her car was "a right off".

Sorry to read your bad news Piamed :-(I was certainly disappointed but was happy to know that the baby in the other car was ok. The husband and wife were both clearly very sorry and embarassed but c'est la vie. God has sorted it already, it will go in for repairs next week and I will have a replacement in the meantime.

I guess I am now one of the very elite group of people that have crashed their brand new cars within 24 hours. :)

:omg: I sympathize you amigo, i know how u feel, when my Dad's car banged into a tricycle few months ago I can't imagine how he felt:yikes::furious3::Brick: the tricycle driver was so reckless and driving without license:angry: gosh only in the Philippines:doh:rolleyes: but somehow my Dad manage to calm down:cwm34: coz after that incident nobody hurts..still thank God:xxgrinning--00xx3:It happens so often here that drivers dont have insurance. It's not so nice. The other car had smashed lights, etc. and I am sure that they do not have adequate insurance to get their own car fixed. The husband did not look to amused with the wife. :NoNo:

I've cancelled it now, I'll order a Nissan QashQai+2 SatNav next week, and hope those Geordies build faster!Wow! that's incredible. Maybe the dealer did not have a good enough credit ranking to place the order earlier given the current financial climate. That is really unacceptable though.

Mazda 5's are nice. I'm not sure I've seen the QashQai+2. I'll look it up. I got a 5 series sport but it's now almost the same size as the 3. :icon_lol: Hey it's only a car, di ba? or N'est pa? or Ain't it?

KeithD
27th September 2008, 11:08
Wow! that's incredible. Maybe the dealer did not have a good enough credit ranking to place the order earlier given the current financial climate. That is really unacceptable though.
More to do with the production line, only running off T2's for the next few months :NoNo:

KeithD
27th September 2008, 11:09
GEORDIES !!:cwm23:
Nissan is in Snderland built by Mackems
You southerners don't understand the difference between Geordies and Mackems hope all the pieces of your new car are in the correct place
Bloody Nor'Easterners.....think Scouseland is in the South :cwm23: :icon_lol:

Sconnie
27th September 2008, 11:16
Ahhhh ha that got a bite !!!

Just getting the point across that calling a Mackem a Geordie is like calling a Manc a Scouse

Sorry Keith nerves are sensitive here in Geordie (laughing stock land) at the moment

KeithD
27th September 2008, 11:22
.....that calling a Mackem a Geordie is like calling a Manc a Scouse....
Did you hear that JOE???? Dat's fightin' talk......:icon_lol:

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 12:04
Did you hear that JOE???? Dat's fightin' talk......:icon_lol:

:xxsport-smiley-002:

i don't know what's worse, being called a southerner or a scouser :NoNo:

aromulus
28th September 2008, 07:44

Sorry to hear about that.

The same happened to me a few years back, my car was only 3 weeks old.:NoNo:
And after the repairs it never felt "right"...:Erm:

vbkelly
28th September 2008, 09:21

use the lady car insurance to repair it

Piamed
28th September 2008, 09:36

And after the repairs it never felt "right"...:Erm:Yup, it never feels the same after the first prang. I'll put it in the garage on Tuesday hopefully.

use the lady car insurance to repair itOO, she certainly will do. Gonna cost her plenty!

andypaul
28th September 2008, 20:02

And after the repairs it never felt "right"...:Erm:

You couldn't go right:omg: must have made driving intresting.

Im glad Pia and your good self ok. Its only a car they can be replaced..

A_flyer
28th September 2008, 20:20
The lady is still alive? :Erm:

There is a French expression: "Femme au volant, la mort au tournant" (if women are driving, death crash at next turn...)

KeithD
29th September 2008, 08:49
I'd be more embarrassed about admitting on a public forum you go to Ikea :icon_lol:

benb
29th September 2008, 12:54

5 miles only!!!?!!

Did you loose your temper?

I would have gone crazy! A car is like a girlfriend to me.:D

Cheers

KeithD
29th September 2008, 14:23
A car is like a girlfriend to me.:D

Cheers
:Erm: Expensive to run, and blows out a lot of hot air!!!

Piamed
29th September 2008, 17:00
You couldn't go right:omg: must have made driving intresting.

Im glad Pia and your good self ok. Its only a car they can be replaced..YCheers mate. eah, you're right of course but it's such a shame to not be able to enjoy the car for at least one day before it ends up wrecked.

The lady is still alive? :Erm:

There is a French expression: "Femme au volant, la mort au tournant" (if women are driving, death crash at next turn...):icon_lol::icon_lol:

I'd be more embarrassed about admitting on a public forum you go to Ikea :icon_lol:Err!!! Hmmn!! Nothing wrong with IKEA! I recently had to admit during a telecon with my boss etc. that i cannot go to a meeting as i have booked tickets to take Pia to see Barry Mannilow Live in Concert. I can't seem to live that one down.

5 miles only!!!?!!

Did you loose your temper?

I would have gone crazy! A car is like a girlfriend to me.:D

CheersOnly a baby, not even a day old. :NoNo: Actually, I was calm as at the end of the day it could have been worse. All parties were unscathed. I was just disappointed and after ensuring they were all OK I could be heard muttering the words, 'It's not even a day old' on a number of occasions.

:Erm: Expensive to run, and blows out a lot of hot air!!!Ladies, I disassociate myself from that remark. :NoNo: I don't want to have to sleep with my eyes open :D

Bumper and skirting have been ordered and the car goes in on Wednesday hopefully and out Thursday. Actually, it's my fault, I was a little bit too proud of it perhaps :NoNo:

Piamed
3rd October 2008, 17:18
Got it back. As good as new! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
3rd October 2008, 22:14
Got it back. As good as new! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Got the Mazda cancelled and ordered the Nissan Qashqai+2 today, should have it in 3 weeks.....I'll stay away from Ikea :icon_lol:

Piamed
4th October 2008, 10:07
Got the Mazda cancelled and ordered the Nissan Qashqai+2 today, should have it in 3 weeks.....I'll stay away from Ikea :icon_lol:

Excellent. Show us a pic of it when it arrives.

All shops are lethal for me at the moment. Pia sent me out to get her a black belt yesterday. I came back over 2 hours later with 4 large bags and the bank manager is not amused! :NoNo::NoNo:

aromulus
4th October 2008, 10:23

All shops are lethal for me at the moment. Pia sent me out to get her a black belt yesterday. I came back over 2 hours later with 4 large bags and the bank manager is not amused! :NoNo::NoNo:

Still at the stage of trying to impress the mahal...... Huh...???:omg:

We all done it.....:NoNo::D

Keep up the good work....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

benb
4th October 2008, 11:09

Go with cash only, fixed amount. :D Don't bring the cards.

I'm sure that she is worth it.

Post a picture of your car too, would like to see it.

Cheers

David House
4th October 2008, 17:28
I once picked up a new company car and had an accident within 15 mins of leaving the office!!! This one was my fault though, I ran into someone who stopped at a crossing and I didn't, I think I was distracted by some of the new toys on the dashboard. Some time later I was the manager and responsible for sourcing vehicles. A salesman ordered his new pride and joy, something he had been after for ages, in a specific colour and with all the "right" badges and go faster stripes. He was due to travel south from Yorkshire to collect it the following day so I parked it under the security light in the yard where it could be observed by the night staff. Unfortunately it was also right next to the waste skip which spontaneously combusted during the night, having previously had some dodgy chemicals disposed of into it, which were not intended to be mixed. The car was a total write off and my phone call the next morning more than a little embarressing.

IainBusby
5th October 2008, 10:31
I used to work as a panel beater in the motor trade many many years ago and one of the firms I worked for used to do lots of work for a Volvo main dealership which was located about half a mile away. I used to do most of the accident damage estimates and one day I got a call from the Volvo dealership to come and give them estimates on three cars, one of which was a Volvo 360GLS which they thought was probably a write off.

After I got there, had had a quick look and confirmed their opinion that it was in fact a write off, the manager of the dealership told me what had happened. It seems the lady ower of the car had come to collect her brand new car and when attempting to turn right on to the main road from the garage forecourt, had managed to get herself hit, not once, but twice, first from the left and then from the right by the two other cars I had come to give estimates for.
Iain.

Piamed
6th October 2008, 15:52
Still at the stage of trying to impress the mahal...... Huh...???:omg:

We all done it.....:NoNo::D

Keep up the good work....:xxgrinning--00xx3:I just love shopping. And I guess I don't need much so try to justify it by buying stuff for the misses as she hardly has much as she has only been here for 10 weeks or so. I love her modelling them for me :-)

Go with cash only, fixed amount. :D Don't bring the cards.

I'm sure that she is worth it.

Post a picture of your car too, would like to see it.

CheersGood idea buddy. I think I have bought enough now and especially stuff that is future proof. :-) See the car below mate!

I once picked up a new company car and had an accident within 15 mins of leaving the office!!! This one was my fault though, I ran into someone who stopped at a crossing and I didn't, I think I was distracted by some of the new toys on the dashboard. Some time later I was the manager and responsible for sourcing vehicles. A salesman ordered his new pride and joy, something he had been after for ages, in a specific colour and with all the "right" badges and go faster stripes. He was due to travel south from Yorkshire to collect it the following day so I parked it under the security light in the yard where it could be observed by the night staff. Unfortunately it was also right next to the waste skip which spontaneously combusted during the night, having previously had some dodgy chemicals disposed of into it, which were not intended to be mixed. The car was a total write off and my phone call the next morning more than a little embarressing.So sales guys don't have all the luck. It's amzing how many 'new car mishap' stories I am hearing about.

I used to work as a panel beater in the motor trade many many years ago and one of the firms I worked for used to do lots of work for a Volvo main dealership which was located about half a mile away. I used to do most of the accident damage estimates and one day I got a call from the Volvo dealership to come and give them estimates on three cars, one of which was a Volvo 360GLS which they thought was probably a write off.

After I got there, had had a quick look and confirmed their opinion that it was in fact a write off, the manager of the dealership told me what had happened. It seems the lady ower of the car had come to collect her brand new car and when attempting to turn right on to the main road from the garage forecourt, had managed to get herself hit, not once, but twice, first from the left and then from the right by the two other cars I had come to give estimates for.
Iain.Wow! It seem they were determined tro get her. :yikes:

aposhark
10th October 2008, 01:03
:bigcry::bigcry:
God has sorted it already, it will go in for repairs next week and I will have a replacement in the meantime.

"God" doesn't exist :Cuckoo::Cuckoo:
We've been through this before :cwm3::cwm3::cwm3:

Piamed
10th October 2008, 12:12

What am I going to do with you mate? :doh

aromulus
10th October 2008, 12:16

From pranged cars to a religious debate......:Erm:

This is going to get interesting.....:D

Any football while we are at it....????:rolleyes:

Piamed
10th October 2008, 12:35

Hahaha! It's amazing how threads deviate. Now that's an operative word! Hmmmn!!! :icon_lol:

Sconnie
10th October 2008, 12:39
Newcastle United, not football just a joke. ha ha

aposhark
10th October 2008, 19:03

Stop talking about "God" (what is that???) all the time and discuss concrete facts and we will get along famously :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
10th October 2008, 19:07

Bill Kenwright is on a plane to try to flog Everton FC.
He didn't prang his car going to the airport afaik but he'll be "praying" to the Mullahs and singing from the minarets if he gets a buyer. :icon_lol:

Lies, it's ALL lies :icon_lol:

aposhark
10th October 2008, 19:15
Newcastle United, not football just a joke. ha ha

The toffees and the barcodes should be at the top not the bl:censored:y bottom :yikes:

KeithD
10th October 2008, 20:53
Praise be to Cedrick....

andypaul
10th October 2008, 21:14
I remeber scratching my Raleigh Banana as i stored it the shed on the first day i got it:bigcry:

After that i took proper care of it as i could bear the sight of my Banana in pain:omg:

benb
10th October 2008, 23:08
Good idea buddy. I think I have bought enough now and especially stuff that is future proof. :-) See the car below mate!

Nice one mate! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Its a beauty. :xxgrinning--00xx3: what's the power output?

joebloggs
10th October 2008, 23:28

save him toks, looks like mission impossible thou :doh

i use to work with a Libyan, he said he had to save me, so i wouldn't go to hell :cwm23:, he kept going on about evil genies who lived in the mountains, :NoNo:

crazy the things people have been conditioned into believing in :doh

but we better not go there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Piamed
11th October 2008, 10:39
Newcastle United, not football just a joke. ha ha:icon_lol:

Stop talking about "God" (what is that???) all the time and discuss concrete facts and we will get along famously :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:Hmmmn! I thought we get on famously anyway. Btw, why are you called the grandson of a shark? :icon_lol:

Bill Kenwright is on a plane to try to flog Everton FC.
He didn't prang his car going to the airport afaik but he'll be "praying" to the Mullahs and singing from the minarets if he gets a buyer. :icon_lol:

Lies, it's ALL lies :icon_lol:Hmmn! :)

The toffees and the barcodes should be at the top not the bl:censored:y bottom :yikes:Oh my!!

Praise be to Cedrick....:)

I remeber scratching my Raleigh Banana as i stored it the shed on the first day i got it:bigcry:

After that i took proper care of it as i could bear the sight of my Banana in pain:omg:Hahahahaha! On good form again andypaul! LOL :icon_lol:

Nice one mate! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Its a beauty. :xxgrinning--00xx3: what's the power output?

Cheers mate!!!

Engine

Cylinders/valves 6/4

Capacity in ccm 2,993

Stroke/bore in mm 90.0/84.0

Max. output in kW (PS) at 1/min 145 (197)/4,000

Max. torque in Nm at 1/min 400/1,300

Power-to-weight ratio (EU) in kg/hp 8.4

save him toks, looks like mission impossible thou :doh

i use to work with a Libyan, he said he had to save me, so i wouldn't go to hell :cwm23:, he kept going on about evil genies who lived in the mountains, :NoNo:

crazy the things people have been conditioned into believing in :doh

but we better not go there :xxgrinning--00xx3:Oh no Joe, I really could not put a baby shark in the Save (Garonne), a river in southern France!! :icon_lol:

aposhark
11th October 2008, 17:52
:icon_lol:
Hmmmn! I thought we get on famously anyway. Btw, why are you called the grandson of a shark? :icon_lol:

Well, I didn't know apo was a grandson so I have learnt something today :)
Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I have been scuba diving many times around that beautiful little Apo island "near Dumaguete on Negros.
I didn't even see a shark there but don't tell anyone. :D

Piamed
11th October 2008, 18:50
Well, I didn't know apo was a grandson so I have learnt something today :)
Thanks. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I have been scuba diving many times around that beautiful little Apo island "near Dumaguete on Negros.
I didn't even see a shark there but don't tell anyone. :D

That is something Pia and I would love to do although neither of us can swim. Put my friends, who teach in Eygpt and Indonesia tell me that does not matter.

Pia loves sharks and even stroked one as it went by in an aquarium!

joebloggs
11th October 2008, 19:18
That is something Pia and I would love to do although neither of us can swim.

you can't swim :yikes: and a filipina can't swim :yikes::yikes:

mancs learn to swim b4 they can walk, a quick dunk in the ship canal by your parents and you learn quickly :cwm24: or if that don't teach you, primary school get you then :NoNo:

PeterB
12th October 2008, 04:02
I know quite a few pinays who can't swim. I taught Ruby and, although not very confident yet, I have taken her out of her depth.

Piamed
12th October 2008, 08:45
you can't swim :yikes: and a filipina can't swim :yikes::yikes:

mancs learn to swim b4 they can walk, a quick dunk in the ship canal by your parents and you learn quickly :cwm24: or if that don't teach you, primary school get you then :NoNo:I know, it's so unusual. Especially for Pia as she lives so close to the beach and was there often before coming here.

My excuse has something to do with having an exceptionally high muscle to fat ratio. :icon_lol: Actually, if the truth be known, I can swim a little (breaststroke) but only under water. I can't get my head up far enough to breathe - it's just bad technique.

I don't venture in the sea to often as I am so fearful that a lost shark will get me. :NoNo:

I know quite a few pinays who can't swim. I taught Ruby and, although not very confident yet, I have taken her out of her depth.OO, me too. Was it hard to teach Ruby?

aromulus
12th October 2008, 09:03
I am deeply shocked.:doh

I cannot understand how such a simple thing as swimming can be ignored and dismissed as useless by a lot of people.:Erm:

Swimming is a fantastic way to keep fit, but apart from that learning to swim may save your life.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I do admit too, that I am not a great swimmer and tire easily, but then again I am 57 years old, and a smoker.:doh
I do like to swim underwater, and I still manage a pool width and half before re-surfacing for air, and never used goggles in my life.:)
All my kids have learnt to swim through the various school programmes, and are rather proficient at it, so I feel confident about their welfare if they decide to take themselves to the baths.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I was raised in a seaside town in Italy, just south of Rome, and used to spend as much time as possible on the beach, the breakwaters, or the dock.
I failed a couple of high school exams for not turning up, I thought that the fishing was better.....:rolleyes:

When I was there with Jet a few weeks ago, on a delayed honeymoon, zillions of memories flooded back into my mind....
So as we went into the clear and clean water, I acted my shoe size and not my age.....:D

KeithD
12th October 2008, 09:11
God would have given us fins and called us Dolphins if we'd been intended to swim :NoNo:

PeterB
12th October 2008, 12:52
OO, me too. Was it hard to teach Ruby?

Not really - I just started with simple 'floating on the back', with a little support from below. After a while you find that you can remove your hand and the pupil will continue to float for a few seconds - just repeat and build on this.

I learnt to swim when I was 7 y/o and have swum regularly in many parts of the world.

Back in UK I was going to the local pool once a week and swimming 80 lengths (2kms) in an hour (and walking 1 km each way, there and back). Unfortunately that has stopped here in Phils - I only swim when we visit our beach.

andypaul
12th October 2008, 13:53
God would have given us fins and called us Dolphins if we'd been intended to swim :NoNo:

Didn't we evolve from Sea creatures?

joebloggs
12th October 2008, 14:49

well the British royalty are alien lizards, so the great David Ike says :D

i was forced to learn to swim at primary, secondary school and even college :NoNo:

but I agree with dom, everyone should learn, you never know when you might need to :Help1:

Alan
12th October 2008, 15:15
I once had a car as well!

Al.:)

KeithD
12th October 2008, 15:17
Only a fool would believe that! :rolleyes:

aposhark
12th October 2008, 15:30
That is something Pia and I would love to do although neither of us can swim. Put my friends, who teach in Eygpt and Indonesia tell me that does not matter.

Pia loves sharks and even stroked one as it went by in an aquarium!

Most dive shops who put people through a scuba diving course tell their instructors to watch trainees as they complete some swimming.
Not all instructors do it though, I have met divers who have told me they can't swim a length at a swimming baths.
However, I think people who scuba dive and cannot swim are very brave people as the sea is quite frightening when you don't have any confidence in swimming any distance :yikes:
Maybe Pia can hitch a ride with a friendly shark if the boat sinks :D
Actually most sharks are very friendly, but I always feel more alert when they are close to me in the big blue.
It is the small things that can be dangerous but I won't elaborate until you have passed your course :icon_lol::icon_lol:
I wholeheartedly recommend learning to dive, it is a very relaxing thing to do in my experience :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I used to dive at every opportunity when in warmer countries, but then I met Rochelyn and my priorities changed :cwm38: :cwm38::cwm38: :cwm12:

aposhark
12th October 2008, 15:43

People have been to the moon and we weren't born with wings either. :D

aposhark
12th October 2008, 15:55
Originally Posted by andypaul

As an anticreationist, atheist and darwinist, I am fully behind this idea.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

andypaul
12th October 2008, 15:58

Swiming monkeys:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aposhark
12th October 2008, 16:09
Swiming monkeys:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Swimming monkeys, yes that's what we are :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Maybe (some of us are) a little more intelligent.
I've never seen a swimming monkey though. :cwm3:
I would love to be next to a big gorilla in Africa, people who have done that often say they feel a connection that they didn't expect.

andypaul
12th October 2008, 16:36
Swimming monkeys, yes that's what we are :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Maybe (some of us are) a little more intelligent.
I've never seen a swimming monkey though. :cwm3:
I would love to be next to a big gorilla in Africa, people who have done that often say they feel a connection that they didn't expect.

As long as the connection is not between its hand and my thoart:omg:

I would like to experience that:D Im sure it would have more sense than some of our clients.

Piamed
1st April 2009, 14:30
I would love to be next to a big gorilla in Africa, people who have done that often say they feel a connection that they didn't expect.:xxsmilie_auslachen::icon_lol: My mind has gone off on so many tangients now!