PDA

View Full Version : “Men Have Feelings Too, But Why Don’t They Speak Up!”

amyburple
26th September 2008, 19:08
Someone once said that women are the ones with feelings. Men are the thinkers and fixers. Men have feelings too, however they often refuse to acknowledge them, much less talk about them; seldom to their spouse or significant other and especially not to other men. Most think it is a sign of weakness. Not so!

It is a sign of strength and of courage. Men who get in touch with their feelings can reinvent themselves. It opens up numerous possibilities. It is possible for a man to be tough AND tender! Often men get caught up in the business of the day and when they arrive home, they express their feelings in unintentionally destructive ways by literally "dumping" on their significant other. This doesn't work. The relationship can only go downhill from there.

For the most part, men have not been brought up to express their feelings at all, much less in a constructive way. Generally speaking, you can trace this behavior back several generations. Remember the song, "Big Boys Don't Cry?" It should have been, "Big Boys Don't Express Their Feelings." Bet your grandfather didn't. Most likely neither did your dad. He was probably the "rock;" the one who must be strong and not demonstrate his feelings lest he be seen as a weak man. Men are supposed to be macho. Oh, really? The truth is, most men lack the skills to express their feelings.

missmiles
27th September 2008, 07:11
Men are notoriously poor at cultivating and maintaining close friendships with other men. Often when you ask a man how many close friends he has, he will be at a loss to come up with more than one or two (if any at all).

Many times the people he will mention are the guys he gets together with over a beer to talk about the big game last Sunday or the other men he communicates with about business. Other men may talk about their childhood friends they no longer are in touch with. How sad. These are not the kind of close friendships with whom you can share your most intimate feelings. Intimate feelings? Is that scary, or what?

Men can learn a very important lesson from fully participating in a group such as this. They learn to empathize with women who are often heard complaining, "He never listens to me!" Once men experience the committed listening of the group, they begin to feel more at ease in sharing their deepest concerns about their relationship, their work and their life with their spouse or significant other.

Most often this is the salvation for their personal relationship!

missmiles
27th September 2008, 07:12
Men are Men --- They are strong but deep inside they are SOFT and HURT too... They are hiding it... I saw my dad crying :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

GaryFifer
27th September 2008, 19:31
Have you been reading Cosmopolitan again? I heard comedian say. Why don't fart as much as men? They don't close their mouths long enough to let the air in...build up enough pressure to fart...

amyburple
27th September 2008, 23:02
Have you been reading Cosmopolitan again? I heard comedian say. Why don't fart as much as men? They don't close their mouths long enough to let the air in...build up enough pressure to fart...

COSMO what issue sis? :Erm::Erm::Erm:

vbkelly
28th September 2008, 09:13
we called it BS as in Bugnaw ug Simod dili makaingon hehehehe

amyburple
28th September 2008, 14:37
we called it BS as in Bugnaw ug Simod dili makaingon hehehehe

mao ba sis wahahaha... They're looking MACHO but deep inside they are not huhuhuh

amyburple
28th September 2008, 14:38
Men are notoriously poor at cultivating and maintaining close friendships with other men. Often when you ask a man how many close friends he has, he will be at a loss to come up with more than one or two (if any at all).

Many times the people he will mention are the guys he gets together with over a beer to talk about the big game last Sunday or the other men he communicates with about business. Other men may talk about their childhood friends they no longer are in touch with. How sad. These are not the kind of close friendships with whom you can share your most intimate feelings. Intimate feelings? Is that scary, or what?

Men can learn a very important lesson from fully participating in a group such as this. They learn to empathize with women who are often heard complaining, "He never listens to me!" Once men experience the committed listening of the group, they begin to feel more at ease in sharing their deepest concerns about their relationship, their work and their life with their spouse or significant other.

Most often this is the salvation for their personal relationship!

they are soft...they cried too for SURE