PDA

View Full Version : What keeps a relationship strong?

amyburple
25th September 2008, 19:32
communication, intimacy, a sense of humor, sharing household tasks, some getaway time without business or children, daily exchanges(a meal, shared activity, a hug, a call, a touch, a note), sharing common goals and interests. giving each other space to grow without feeling insecure, giving each other a sense of belonging and assurances of commitment.

If these qualities are missing, the relationship will erode as resentment, withdrawal, abuse, neglect,dishonesty and pain replace the passion. As long as we have memories, yesterday remains. As long as we have hope, tomorrow awaits. As long as we have friendship, today is beautiful."

Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, and the romance in a relationship and find out that you still care for that person. Love is being able to walk arm in arm....even when you don't see eye to eye!

Never say goodbye when you still want to try. Never give up when you still feel you can take it. Never say you no longer love a person when you can't let go. If you love someone, tell him/her, for hearts are often broken by words left unspoken!

Jay&Zobel
25th September 2008, 19:55
Learn together/with each other
Listen
Respect him/her
Understand
Laugh together, with each other and at each other's mistake without offending him/her
Cry together
Lots of Hugs
Uneding cuddles
Sweet Kisses
Romantic Evenings
Wink at each other
Write Love Letters
Praise each other
Compliment each other
Adore each other

Just BE YOU! Be with the one you love!

amyburple
25th September 2008, 20:00
Learn together/with each other
Listen
Respect him/her
Understand
Laugh together, with each other and at each other's mistake without offending him/her
Cry together
Lots of Hugs
Unending
cuddles
Sweet Kisses
Romantic Evenings
Wink at each other
Write Love Letters
Praise each other
Compliment each other
Adore each other

Just BE YOU! Be with the one you love!

-- burp, fart :Erm::icon_lol::D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: YEA RIGHT... HE/SHE IS THE ONE YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER...

telford
25th September 2008, 20:08
food, shelter,clothes.....and money...without that,lets see if you still think about love and intimacy!

aposhark
25th September 2008, 21:09
food, shelter,clothes.....and money...without that,lets see if you still think about love and intimacy!

Hi telford :Hellooo:

Yes you are right in a way, but the things the other ladies mentioned will keep a couple together if money gets tight.
It is the sharing of intimacy that, in my opinion, makes the glue that really bonds two people.
I suppose it is what priorities we all make as couples.

BTW, where did you get the font in your signature, and what program made the image?

maria_and_matt
25th September 2008, 23:08
i think its trust... in the past i have been hurt by my ex and couldnt seem to settle because of my past experiences. when i met my hubby it took me along time to trust him not to hurt me. that is the bond that keeps us together.

amyburple
26th September 2008, 04:47
i think its trust... in the past i have been hurt by my ex and couldnt seem to settle because of my past experiences. when i met my hubby it took me along time to trust him not to hurt me. that is the bond that keeps us together.

I Second the motion sis... Same here we have same situation before I met my hubby now...The first year of our relationship is not that love-love-love coz I lay down to him everything my past, how many times I been hurt people around me, my ex's. Same with him too...that's why we have this distance and we didn't trust that much on the beginning but later part the TRUST really build up in our relationship even people will discourage you or they will say negative things in you...

Constant COMMUNICATION too...But one more thing that I always said to HIM coz I don't like that He thinks that I'M sooooooo IN-LOVE with HIM, I'm dependent on HIM which is not coz I can work and I have my own money --- I'm not afraid of LOOSING you so don't ****ed up with ME :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
26th September 2008, 07:09
Unconditional love, learn how to compromise, trust, honesty, patience, good communication (mean a lot:D) and everyday learning of experiences aside from others:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
26th September 2008, 08:27
Leaving out the mushy bits......:rolleyes:

Trust, mutual respect, and understanding each other's needs.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

amyburple
26th September 2008, 08:27
Unconditional love, learn how to compromise, trust, honesty, patience, good communication (mean a lot:D) and everyday learning of experiences aside from others:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes very very important... Accept everything what your partner have no matter what is that... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
26th September 2008, 08:29
Accept everything what your partner have no matter what is that... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Walay kwarta...........:NoNo:

amyburple
26th September 2008, 08:31
Trust, mutual respect, and understanding each other's needs.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leaving out the mushy bits......:rolleyes:

Sometimes MUSHY BITS is the cause of arguments esp. if your partner is hurt before or he/she has a trauma on her/his past :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:... We are dealing that sometimes :doh:doh

amyburple
26th September 2008, 08:33
Walay kwarta...........:NoNo:

yes my hubby is not that RICH man and hes not that poor too hehehehe :):):) but for me that's not important coz money you can find it and you can work for it... :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

missmiles
26th September 2008, 11:05
Money can't buy you happiness, satisfaction and joy. Unless ur mukhang pera Money can buy YOU! ahehehehe! Money does matter all but it's the source of all EVIL my hubby says...

missmiles
26th September 2008, 11:06
Walay Kwarta luoy aheheheh...

vbkelly
26th September 2008, 11:20
no money no honey (ika nga) sharing everything what you have

missmiles
26th September 2008, 11:52

hahahaha..some people make it as their job tsk tsk!

PAT
26th September 2008, 13:58

Personally, I weighted trust as th second highest after love then acceptance. Everything will follow....:)

amyburple
26th September 2008, 14:43
Personally, I weighted trust as th second highest after love then acceptance. Everything will follow....:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: YES.. LOVE and TRUST.... Because if there's no TRUST you will always fight things. :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

telford
26th September 2008, 16:01

Korek ka dyan Sis :)

Ana_may365
26th September 2008, 21:18
i agree to u also!vbkelly:D:D:D

Piamed
26th September 2008, 22:03
Love, love and love! I believe love is a commitment. A commitment to respect, care for, cherish and value another, even when you don't want to or it is easier to walk away!

gazlou
27th September 2008, 01:01
Honesty, respect and trust each other.:cwm38:

fhara
27th September 2008, 04:59
communication,trust,understanding...love.. respect eachother...honesty....:)

amyburple
27th September 2008, 06:52
Love, love and love! I believe love is a commitment. A commitment to respect, care for, cherish and value another, even when you don't want to or it is easier to walk away!

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: GOD BLESS YOU

Honesty, respect and trust each other.:cwm38:

YES I DO BELIEVE :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

communication,trust,understanding...love.. respect each other...honesty....:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Yea Right

miayela
27th September 2008, 13:37
-- burp, fart :Erm::icon_lol::D

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: YEA RIGHT... HE/SHE IS THE ONE YOU WILL LIVE FOREVER... Hahaha i agree to that amyburple..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
And i add to that Pure Love is Unconditional Love..

Trust, Patience, Honesty me and my husband treat each other like bestfriends we speak whats on our heart and mind were very open to each other..

Thats what makes our relationship stronger..

amyburple
27th September 2008, 15:17
Hahaha i agree to that amyburple..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
And i add to that Pure Love is Unconditional Love..

Trust, Patience, Honesty me and my husband treat each other like bestfriends we speak whats on our heart and mind were very open to each other..

Thats what makes our relationship stronger..

yea accept EVERYTHING what he/she is... 101% :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

alicat
28th September 2008, 10:10

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::)

alicat
28th September 2008, 10:11

:xxgrinning--00xx3::)