PDA

View Full Version : Foreign national ID card unveiled

DianaKevy
26th September 2008, 08:36
yeah its nice atleast its convenient for us. probably im gonna have that card since im gonna submit my flr application tom. good luck for me. ;)

KeithD
26th September 2008, 09:05
This card is pretty meaningless now, as Immigration take your pic & finger prints now, and have mobile machines to check. Your passport is also your ID, so why need another card? :Erm:

aromulus
26th September 2008, 09:26
This card is pretty meaningless now, as Immigration take your pic & finger prints now, and have mobile machines to check. Your passport is also your ID, so why need another card? :Erm:

We don't need another mean of identification...... We already have all we need.

The government wants the revenue from the ID Cards, it is as simple as that.....:omg::cwm23:

Soon-ish it will become compulsory to carry one, for anybody over the age of 16.:NoNo:

vbkelly
26th September 2008, 10:00
i think people who's applying a new passport can have that new id, but mine i applied last year my british passport have a tiny micro chip in it containing my personal data.

KeithD
26th September 2008, 13:03
.....my british passport have a tiny micro chip in it containing my personal data.
...and your details are now on a laptop in Nigeria :D

johncar54
27th September 2008, 09:26
We live in Spain. All Spanish have an ID card, cost about £5.

Non Europeans must have an ID card, about £5. My wife has one. Its credit card size, easy to carry hard to damage.

Europeans (me) are required by law to carry our Passport, not a copy. Cost about 200€ to renew when it becomes slightly damaged. ( a 10yr Spanish passport cost 16.95€ from the nearest National Police station).

Until Last year everyone had an ID. It's so easy to carry and so convenient. (I am still getting by using my out of date one). Don't fight against the UK plan, but do fight against the ridiculous cost of it.

PS When was the last time you called your MP and told him/her how you felt about the job he/she was doing. Never, well who's to blame when they do as they please and not as we/you wish!

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 09:51
PS When was the last time you called your MP and told him/her how you felt about the job he/she was doing. Never, well who's to blame when they do as they please and not as we/you wish!

i emailed my mp more than 6 months ago, asking him why Europeans in the uk had more rights than Brits in the UK when it came to visas, he's never replied :NoNo:

walesrob
27th September 2008, 09:58
he's never replied :NoNo:

Was he a Labour MP by any chance? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Seems to be all the rage, Nu Labour saying they ARE listening, but, we all know they are NOT.

johncar54
27th September 2008, 10:05
i emailed my mp more than 6 months ago, asking him why Europeans in the uk had more rights than Brits in the UK when it came to visas, he's never replied :NoNo:

Not quite sure what you mean.

Brits in UK don't need any rights re Visas for UK.

Same as the Schengen Area residents don't need visa rights in Schengen Area.

As for contacting your MP. If he/she does not reply why not call him/her or even visit him/her and demand that as your representative he/she presents your wishes, answers your questions etc.?

I now live in Spain, where I speak to my local councilors frequently.

The last time I did it when I was living in UK, there was a vote due on hanging. I was one of only THREE people who called and asked him which way he was going to vote. That was out of about 100,000 constituents.

Need I say more !

KeithD
27th September 2008, 11:15
Was he a Labour MP by any chance? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Seems to be all the rage, Nu Labour saying they ARE listening, but, we all know they are NOT.
Doesn't matter which party, those at the top are so detached these days....they now come straight out of Uni with a degree in Political Science, and move straight into politics.......Do pass the real world, do not collect your dole money......

vbkelly
27th September 2008, 12:42
...and your details are now on a laptop in Nigeria :D

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 13:08
Not quite sure what you mean.

Brits in UK don't need any rights re Visas for UK.

Same as the Schengen Area residents don't need visa rights in Schengen Area.

As for contacting your MP. If he/she does not reply why not call him/her or even visit him/her and demand that as your representative he/she presents your wishes, answers your questions etc.?

I now live in Spain, where I speak to my local councilors frequently.

The last time I did it when I was living in UK, there was a vote due on hanging. I was one of only THREE people who called and asked him which way he was going to vote. That was out of about 100,000 constituents.

Need I say more !

not for me but the misses and family :D

spouse visa vs family permit

an EU citizen in the UK, under law which gives him much better rights than any British Citizen. It matters not that he lives in the UK. the EU citizen can live anywhere in Europe with his family where ever they originate from.

Secondly an EEA family permit is a "right " under EU Law, unlike a UK visa application which can be rejected

Thirdly, an EEA family permit is completely free unlike having to pay close to £900 application fee for a UK Spouse Visa and further £750 to get ILR 3 years later.

Fourthly, An EEA family permit is nothing like as strict as a UK Spouse visa, and it is issued quickly without the exhaustive evidence that a UK Spouse visa application requires.

Fifth, A UK spouse visa would not allow benefits including GP/Housing/Income support etc. for at least 2 years: whereas an EEA family permit allows your wife to work full time immediately or claim benefits in the unlikely event that one or both of you fall ill or hit bad times.

Six, The EEA family permit allows visa free movement across Europe for your wife under the Schengen Agreement, whereas the UK Spouse visa does not, as the UK is not part of the Schengen Agreement. If she gets a UK Spouse visa she will need to get a Schengen Visa every 6 months to travel almost anywhere in Europe which is a real pain, especially if it is for a short trip.

seven,language requirement for new entrants. This means that your wife needs to speak, write and read english up to a good (GCSE) level before she applies. Under a EEA Family permit this is not required.

eight, european law states a child as being under 21, while uk states its under 18, possible problems for those with step kids who are near to or over 18 who you are trying to bring to the uk.

not many advantages of a spouse visa. citizenship in 3yrs.

aromulus
27th September 2008, 15:23
Am I supposed to feel guilty now...???:Erm:

Years ago, my ex, was very insisting in me obtaining British Citizenship.
I kindly declined several times, to the point of real arguments, and flying crockery....:omg:

I never saw the need of changing my nationality, I was born Italian and I will die Italian.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes, Joe, you are undoubtely right. The simple fact of not being british but European has its perks....:rolleyes:

But you would have, more or less, the same rights in Europe.:)

joebloggs
27th September 2008, 16:47
no you shouldn't feel guilty dom :NoNo: not that you do :D

the way the euros have it here, it should be the same for the Brits. FREE :xxgrinning--00xx3:

it's the govs fault, how do they get away with it :Erm:, and why don't the courts of human rights do something :Erm:, if they can tell the gov to let terrorists go, then why can they not give Brits the same rights euros have ... it should be one system for everyone :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes i would have the same rights, but GB is where i was born, home sweet home, thou i've read some countries are not too welcoming to non Europeans when it comes to family permits..

johncar54
27th September 2008, 18:02
Joe Bloggs

QUOTE: I emailed my mp more than 6 months ago, asking him why Europeans in the uk had more rights than Brits in the UK when it came to visas, he's never replied

In that post you were talking Europeans (non Brits) in the UK.

Now you have moved the goal post and are talking abouts the rights of Europeans (Schengen Area) in Schengen Europe.

AS a Brit living in Spain (Schengen) yes I have a lot more benefit than Brits living in UK, but I still cannot take my wife to UK or even Gib without her attending an interview in British Consulate in Madrid.

I still maintain that Europeans (Non Brits) living UK do not have do not have more rights there.

Incidentally, the medical cover my wife enjoys in Spain is paid for by UK Gov because I am retired.