PDA

View Full Version : Young Brit needs advice badly!!

matt007
22nd September 2008, 09:21
Hello,
Was wondering if anyone who has ever lived in the Philippines and married a Filipina could help me for some advice before I let my wife go through the whole Visa interview thing and might get denied. :(
My situation is the following :
I'm a British & Philippine national, although I've been living in the Philippines for many years now I'd like to go home to the U.k.
Got married early this year and we have a lovely little girl together.
My problem is that I've never worked nor do I have a flat/house in the U.k.
I read that I should show proof that we could "survive" without getting any public funds.
I mean do I have to go to the U.k first and get a flat then a job before theres any chance of getting my wife and child to come over to U.k?

Sorry if there are people who have already opened a thread regarding people who have this problem.

Cheers to anyone who will help..

KeithD
22nd September 2008, 09:34
Young Brit needs advice badly!!

We can definitely give you plenty of BAD advice on here :icon_lol:

You say you're married, the proof living thingy is mainly for Fiancee visa apps.

scott&ligaya
22nd September 2008, 10:11
I was in a similar position having been out of the UK for several years. I only neded to show that I had at least one payslip from my new job here and proof of at least a rented room in a house in the UK. You will probably have to come to the UK first for a couple of months to set this in place before applying.

Mrs Daddy
22nd September 2008, 10:39
Hello,
My problem is that I've never worked nor do I have a flat/house in the U.k.
I read that I should show proof that we could "survive" without getting any public funds.

Cheers to anyone who will help..

:doh:doh:doh

matt007
22nd September 2008, 11:11
thanks.. that's all i needed to know. Salamat Scott.